samandjack.net

Story Notes: Sequel to Sunday Morning.

Once more written to fulfil the weekly fic challenge on the As the Stargate Turns Yahoo Group, this time to include the phrase "for the sake of humanity" and/or the word 'Starry-Skies'. This story contains both. Thanks very much folks for the feedback requesting more. This fic is not beta read so please forgive any errors. Hopefully there are few or none.


Sam had thought about Jack a lot over the last three weeks. Three weeks! It seemed ridiculously long, but that was when she'd seen him last. They had spoken to each other, of course, and many times. They often spoke when she was in bed late at night, or after she got home from work, but never at the SGC. Jack would consider that presumptuous.

When they worked together, he would walk into her lab, and play with whatever he could lay his hands on and, although it could be irritating, she loved that he would do that, and missed it. He would always have a reason for popping by, however flimsy the excuse might be. The phone was another matter entirely. He wouldn't consider it right to interrupt her work with no genuine pretext.

When he did call, it made her shiver with longing for him. They would talk about nothing in particular, or consequential, but his voice was a comfort in her lonely night. She could almost hear his breath in her ear as he spoke, and the ghost of his hand softly brushing her skin.

She had never expected to find it so easy to talk to him on the phone. In so many ways Jack wasn't a words man and, admittedly their conversations weren't exactly deep, but they were comfortable together over the phone and could rattle on aimlessly for a considerable time.

After three lonesome weeks, she was finally in Washington. Sam looked forward to seeing Jack on his new home turf. She was curious about his apartment, his neighbourhood, and what he got up to when he wasn't at work. Most of all, however, she wanted to see him, touch him, hold him and make love to him.

She got into the cab aware of many eyes looking in her direction. What did she expect in this outfit? This was for Jack. His eyes would surely pop out of his head when he saw her. Red shoes; he had asked for red shoes and she was wearing them as he wanted. The rest of what she wore might come a quite surprise, and it had taken Sam a lot of courage to dress this way.

Sam had a plan mapped out in her head and hoped she could pull it off. She was nervous about it, but not in the shy way she had been over their first weekend. That weekend, and their subsequent conversations, had loosened her up considerably; Jack too, she figured. Having worried that the change in their relationship would be a disaster, that they would find it too difficult to adjust, now she was pretty confident.

She truly believed that he loved her, although he had never stated it. Jack had some old fashioned values, and she loved that about him. He wanted to woo and win her; he wanted to do the right thing. Little did he realise that he had won her a long time ago. There might have been some hiccups along the way, but she was his and she wanted him to be hers.

Her plan was daring, for Sam, and she hoped Jack would react well to it, figuring he probably would, but not entirely sure. It was this doubt that made her slightly nervous. She wanted him to see another side of her; a side that only he provoked. A lot of thinking over the last three weeks had drawn her to this conclusion and Sam had surprised herself. She was pretty sure that Jack would be equally surprised.

The nerves were mainly overridden by excitement at the prospect of being with Jack for another whole weekend. The end result of both was butterflies flying around a hard knot in her stomach.

'Get over it Sam!' she told herself.

Practising a couple of relaxation techniques Teal'c had taught her, by the time she drew up outside Jack's apartment building she was ready.

"Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close up," she muttered under her breath as she approached the door.

*****************************

Jack's heart missed a beat and he gulped. She was so hot she sizzled. Appraising her slowly, from her feet to her face and hair, he realised his mouth must be hanging open. On her feet she wore a pair of sexy red shoes. These must be the ones she'd told him about. They were high and strappy and showed off her ankles to their best advantage, making her legs look longer than ever, as if they didn't look long enough already.

Talking of legs, his eyes wondered up them. She wore what looked like silky smooth black stockings and he was pretty sure he glimpsed a seam at the back, but would need to confirm it. Seamed black stockings? Oh my God, what was she trying to do to him? His stomach lurched dramatically, and his groin tingled.

Her suit matched the shoes. Red hot! It looked like raw silk and he wanted to run his hands down her arm and over her thigh to feel the sensuality of it, and her. The skirt was short, emphasising her legs even more, with a boxy jacket. Under the jacket was a black blouse and although it was partially hidden, he could see a camisole underneath, so knew it was a sheer fabric. Jeez! He momentarily paused to consider what she might be wearing beneath these clothes and found himself increasingly titillated.

She wore makeup, red lipstick to match the outfit, and some blusher, eyeliner and mascara, enhancing her beautiful big blue eyes. Even her fingernails were painted red. He was convinced they were false as her nails weren't actually that long. Definitely not regulation!

Topping it off was a black hat with a large brim. A hat? Jeez! Then he noticed her hands. She was wearing gloves, sexy black ones. She looked like she'd stepped out of a movie; Grace Kelly maybe, or Audrey Hepburn. Yeah definitely Audrey Hepburn, although Sam had a much fuller figure than Hepburn, who you couldn't see at all if she stood sideways.

All Sam needed was a long black cigarette holder and it would complete the look. This was the antithesis of Dorothy and her red slippers, and totally unexpected. Jack felt wholly unprepared for the thoughts and emotions her appearance stirred.

He had never seen this side of Sam and wondered whether anybody else had. She looked terrific, so different: a sexy, sultry seductress. He couldn't quite believe his eyes. Sucking air through his teeth he muttered "God!" under his breath, incredulously. Sam heard it and smiled.

"All this because I asked to see you in your red shoes? You look stunning. Can you pick my jaw off the floor on your way in?"

He moved aside to let her pass and she entered, brushing against him seductively and grasping his head firmly between her hands to plant a huge kiss on his lips. Man!

"Holy crap, Sam, what are you trying to do to me?"

"Like it?"

"Like it? There aren't enough words in my vocabulary. Will wow do?"

She'd left her small case at the door, clearly expecting him to carry it into the apartment, playing the part. Waltzing in, she swayed her hips enticingly.

"I'll accept wow. I'm sure you'll find a way to better express your appreciation later, Jack."

She turned to smile tantalisingly and grasp his arm, pulling him closer for a kiss. Jack dropped her bag in surprise. This time the kiss was long, hot and strong. Jack couldn't quite believe it. Who'd have thought this of Sam?

"I'm sure I will," he said croaked breathlessly when they broke off.

"Feels like you already have," she arched her eyebrows, staring at him from under her long lashes, and grabbed his ass, pulling his groin against her body. Sure he had! "Missed me?"

"Everyday. You sure are a sight for sore eyes. Three damned weeks!"

"Good. I was rather hoping to make an impression on my first visit."

"It worked!" He was starting to work up a sweat already.

His hand wandered over her buttocks to her thigh, hitching up her skirt to caress the silk of her stockings, and the flesh above her stocking top, and then up towards her panties.

"That's not a thong," he mumbled, kissing her slender throat and nibbling on her ear.

"No. French. Split crotch."

"Christ!" Jack wanted her, desperately, up against the wall in his lobby if necessary.

Fingers beneath the panties, he clawed the skin on her butt, taken aback by how erotic this situation was.

"What color?" he croaked.

"Black silk, with a little red and some tasteful lace."

"Wow! Let me atchya, Sam!"

Jack was still wearing his uniform. Sam knew he hadn't been home long. That's why he hadn't met her from the plane. In many ways she was grateful that he hadn't had time to change. Despite a whole life spent amongst them, she still loved a man in a uniform. The only thing missing was the tie, which he had no doubt discarded with disdain as soon as he walked through the door.

"Been home long, Jack?"

"Five minutes."

"Excellent timing."

His hand caressing and clawing the skin under her skirt, and his obvious excitement, was a turn on for Sam. She had achieved the desired effect. She showered his face with kisses and started undoing the buttons of his shirt. Jack had so not considered this happening as soon as she walked in the door, but it looked like it would.

"I'm going to seduce you Jack. I've been looking forward to it."

"Then I wouldn't want to disappoint you," he managed to squeak in his befuddlement.

"Bedroom? You can give me the guided tour later."

"Straight on and take a left."

She took almost total control, stripping him, making him lie on the bed and wait while she took off her own clothing, not allowing him to touch, just watch. She didn't remove all of her cloths and, still wearing her shoes, stockings, panties and bra, joined him on the bed.

Taking charge of their intercourse, her seduction was almost savage, quick and dirty, but extremely sexy and ecstatically fulfilling. Jack recalled long ago when an alien virus had infected her. She'd chosen to mate with him and, had he allowed it to happen that day, he imagined it might have been something like this. Hot and raw.

It was one of the most exciting sexual experiences he'd ever participated in and he would never have believed it of Sam Carter, the much more reticent woman he'd last made love to three weeks previously. How had she lost those inhibitions so quickly?

What did they say about the clothes making the man? In this case her red outfit seemed to have brought out the beast in Sam that must normally lurk within her psyche: smouldering, passionate and erotic - hidden depths. It was joyous. This was going to be an interesting relationship.

Lying wrapped in her arms afterwards, Jack felt a sense of total satisfaction and contentment. He was happy.

"Jeez, Sam, that was pretty unexpected."

Once again, his fingertips caressed the skin on her thigh between her stockings, and her buttocks under her pants.

"Do you think me terribly naughty and wicked now?"

"Naughty and wicked in the best possible way."

"Did you like it?"

"Awesome!"

"I'm so glad. I wanted you to see the passion in me."

"You didn't think I did?"

"I wanted to be sure. You've known me a long time Jack, but mostly in BDUs and uniforms, fighting or experimenting or boring you to tears with my technical explanations. It never gave you the chance to see any passion in me, or any fun or enjoyment."

"Yeah, sure I fell in love with a boring woman."

Jack bit his lip, realising what he had said. 'Fell in love with'? Crap! This was only their second weekend together; way too early. Crappity crap! Sam eyed him but said nothing, and Jack was grateful to her for that, smoothing her hair with his hand, followed by her cheek.

"I think you succeeded by the way," he said.

"In showing you my passion? I think I just scared myself shitless!" Jack sniggered at that. "I missed you so much Jack and I wanted this to be special."

"I missed you Dorothy, although tonight I think you were more Dorothy Lamour than Dorothy of Kansas."

"Dorothy Lamour?"

"Can't think of any other sexy Dorothys."

"So are you Bob or Bing?"

"Bing always gets the girl, doesn't he? So I guess I'm Bing. I got the girl, right?"

"Yes Jack, you well and truly got the girl."

Taking him in her arms for a cuddle, she couldn't stop thinking about what he'd said: "I fell in love.". She knew it had slipped out without him meaning it to, but the confirmation that she was right about him loving her was a tremendous thrill.

She was pretty certain she loved Jack, and had done for a long time, but they probably both needed to get to know each other better in these changed circumstances before they recklessly bandied about such fundamentally committing words. Nevertheless, it was wonderful to know he felt like that.

"I don't normally do that sort of thing, Jack."

"Really?"

"I just wanted you to know that. Y-you provoked that in me; only you," Jack blushed at that comment, flattered beyond words. "To be honest, I felt a little foolish, but warmed to my role."

"Believe you me, you didn't act in the least bit foolish. It was a class act, babe."

"Babe? Just because I played the part of high class hooker does not mean you can call me babe."

"High class hooker?" Jack looked amused, "Not that Sam, you're way too classy -babe." He emphasised that last word.

"Are you going to do that especially to annoy me?"

"Maybe."

"Irksome man!" she slapped him playfully on the arm, "You don't think I came on a bit too strong?"

"I loved every minute of it."

"I just don't want you to think."

"Sam, I don't think; you know that!"

"Ha, ha, ha."

"And I certainly don't think what you're worried I think. How did you know I'd like it?"

"Find me a man who wouldn't and I'd swear he's gay."

"You're probably right," Jack responded, chuckling. "Thank you Sam. I'm thrilled that you wanted to please me."

"And please me!"

"I thought."

"I enjoyed it!"

"Taking control of big bad Jack O'Neill?"

"Something like that."

"I should probably feel insulted."

"Insulted? No insult was intended. I mean... The sex was pretty damned hot."

"Yes it was. And don't get so worried about what I'm thinkin' the whole time."

"I guess that I'm still a little nervous Jack, despite what I just did. This is all so new."

"If we can't be us with each other, then what's the point?"

"You're an interesting man, Jack O'Neill."

"Really? I always thought I was pretty dull."

"You certainly aren't that; anything but."

"Yet." His fingers strayed to play with her suspenders and underneath the tops of her stockings. "You look amazing in that outfit, Sam. Hot, real hot. As for this underwear, the stockings, the shoes. man!"

She smiled and he softly touched his lips to hers, and then urged her lips to part and inserted his hot wet tongue, exploring languidly at first and then with increasing passion. Sam felt her insides curling from the kiss and a shiver of desire made her tremble.

This time Jack took control of their lovemaking, and he took it slow. Sam writhed ecstatically beneath his touch, delighting in every move. He was attentive to detail and the whole experience was elating. Afterwards, he held her lovingly in his arms feeling equally elated.

"Crap!" he exclaimed after they had lain there a while, "We only have forty-five minutes to get to the restaurant! Man, am I pleased I booked us a table at a decent restaurant so you can show off that outfit. You are so gonna knock Washington dead."

"Restaurant?"

"Yeah, you know, take you out for dinner, like a real date should."

"Do we have to go out?"

"You don't want to?"

"I'd love to, Jack, but it's just so comfortable here."

"We can stay here tonight and go out tomorrow. So you wanna get pizza and slob around in jogging pants, or something?"

"If you make it Chinese, it would be perfect."

"Chinese it is. I'll show you off at some swanky restaurant tomorrow night."

"That would be great."

"I'll call and cancel the reservation."

"Okay."

"If you ever let me get up, that is." He grinned broadly, kissing her forehead.

"I'll think about that."

"Okay, I'll stay here. What better than to stay here?"

He fidgeted for a while, looking slightly uneasy, and Sam sighed.

"Alright, call the restaurant, for crying out loud!"

"For crying out loud?" he echoed, amused.

"God, I sound just like my old CO!"

"Yeah? What was he like?"

"A royal pain in the mikta."

"I think I might know him," Jack responded with a laugh, "serves me right for fishin'."

Kissing her briefly, he got up and groped for his cell in his uniform pocket, calling the restaurant to cancel the booking. He felt uncomfortable about simply not turning up. Besides, he might never get a table at that restaurant again if he let them down without calling.

So much for that restaurant on this trip. They were always booked solid for at least two weeks in advance, especially at weekends, and he'd had to use some persuasion to get them a reservation for that night. Sam would have to forgo the culinary delights of one of the best restaurants in Washington and make do with something a little more down-market this trip.

Once again, Jack's plan to impress her had failed. It was her who had done the impressing tonight, and Jack didn't mind that one little bit. In fact, he loved it. Besides, slobbing around in casual clothes and eating Chinese take-out almost sounded like his ideal way to spend an evening.

He settled back in the bed, spooning behind her with his arm around her body, and they dozed for a while, replete after their exertions. By the time Jack called for the Chinese, it was already starting to get late.

"Ummm, this is delicious!" Sam exclaimed as she munched on a salt and pepper spare rib.

"One thing you can guarantee; Jack O'Neill is good at is finding the best take-outs."

"That's not all he's good at." She eyed him mischievously and he blushed.

"Gee, thanks Dorothy," he smiled.

"You're welcome." She sighed, "I like this. Relaxing, not having to behave in the way you do when you're in a restaurant, slobbing around in a pair of your track suit bottoms. Maybe I should dress more casually tomorrow night."

"No way! You have to wear that outfit out for dinner tomorrow night, Sam. It's only right; for the sake of humanity. You can't waste it just on little old me."

"For the sake of humanity, my eye. For the sake of Jack O'Neill's ego and image more like."

"Well, there's that too," he grinned.

"So if I'm wearing that, what are you wearing? Jeans and a t-shirt just won't cut it Mr Scarecrow."

"A suit of course, Dorothy, what else?"

"An honest to goodness suit that isn't a uniform?"

"Sure."

"You have one of those?" she mocked, with a glint of amusement in her eyes.

"Ouch! What did you think I planned to wear tonight?" Sam eyed him appraisingly.

"Okay, it's a deal," She agreed, "I'll wear the outfit and you can take me somewhere swanky. It'll be worth it to see Jack O'Neill in a civilian suit. I'm betting you look hot."

"In a suit?"

"Yeah."

"If that's what you end up thinking I'll wear one more often."

"You can have too much of a good thing," she laughed.

"Can you indeed? That's not what I heard." He winked and then his fingers brushed her cheek. "I'm not sure I'll ever get too much of you."

"Oh, you'll be pleased to see the back of me by the time I leave."

"I doubt that very much. This feels good, Sam. You and me, like this."

"Cosy and domestic?"

"Yeah."

"I so agree," she sighed, still in awe of how comfortable they were together so quickly. "It feels so right."

"I'm falling in love with you Sam, if I'm not there already," he confessed, taking her by surprise.

"God, I."

She had never believed he would deliberately say something like that so soon. Jack was full of surprises and, as they were positive ones, it pleased her, but she was speechless.

"Is this all going too fast for you?" Jack bit his bottom lip nervously.

"N-no. Actually no." She laughed, happily "And that surprises me as much as what you just said."

"It surprises you I feel like that?"

"No, it thrills me. I want you to feel like that. I feel like that too." He visibly relaxed at those words, "I just didn't expect you to say something like that so soon."

"I've come to the conclusion we've wasted enough time already. And we have so little of it to spend with each other, Sam. Come Sunday night, you'll be gone and God knows how long before we see each other again. But let's not dwell on that, huh? We need to make the most of what time we have."

"In fact I don't go back until Monday morning."

"Monday?"

"I arranged a meeting at the Pentagon for Monday. We can travel in together."

"You crafty. Monday. that's a whole extra night together. Sam, that's great, really great. God, I love a woman with a brain, and you got one hell of a big one."

"There's something vaguely insulting in that remark."

"I assure you it wasn't intended to be. I didn't mean you're an egg-head or anything, although you. are. actually," Sam giggled appreciatively, but Jack was considering her earlier words, "So, it surprises you that you don't think things are going too fast?"

"Yeah, I'm kind of funny about stuff like that, generally speaking, but not with you Jack."

"That's because we've waited for years."

"Yeah, maybe."

She recalled constantly thinking that things had moved too fast with Pete. He had steamrollered his way into and through her life and she hadn't always felt comfortable about it, even though she'd played along. With Jack she felt very differently.

They finished their Chinese in silence, glancing at each other occasionally, surprisingly shyly given their earlier activities and conversation. Jack was wondering how long he should wait before asking her to marry him and shocked himself with such thoughts so early on in their supposedly fledgling relationship.

The problem was that, to him, it didn't feel like a fledging relationship at all. Not that this was really a problem. Everything about it just seemed so right. Even so, it was way too soon to be thinking about such a permanent commitment, so he said nothing and told himself to be patient; not necessarily one of his best qualities.

"I've got something to show you," he said, taking her by the hand. "Come."

He put a coat around her shoulders and led her out into the hallway of the apartment block. Jack's apartment was at the top of the building and he took her towards the stairs, and up them.

"The roof?" she queried.

"Yeah, the roof."

He unlocked the door to the roof and took her outside.

"Oh! Nice view over that way!" she pointed with a huge smile.

"Yep. As I'm at the top, this is my private sanctum. I'm the only tenant with a key. The super likes me."

"Who wouldn't?" she grinned, squeezing his hand.

"Oh, I can think of plenty of folks. Here."

"A telescope? You brought it with you?"

"No. I treated myself to a new one. We're in a big city and there's too much light pollution so you can't see as well as you might, but it's enough. Take a look." She peered through the telescope where he had set it up and Jack stood behind her, holding her around the waist.

"Jupiter! Beautiful, Jack."

"Isn't it? I hoped you'd like it. It's pretty clear at this time of year. I know we saw a lot of planets and starry-skies over the years, Sam, but I still love watching what happens in my own backyard."

"It's a beautiful starry night, Jack. Can we stay for a while?"

"Warm enough?"

"Keep holding me and I will be."

"That I can happily do." He gave her a gentle squeeze, spinning her round to face him for a kiss. "What I said earlier about falling in love with you. it was a little white lie. I am in love with you, Sam, deeply. I've known that for a long time."

"Oh, Jack! I love you so much."

"I sure am glad about that." He held her face in his hands, rubbing her cheeks softly with his thumbs, and then pulled her into a hug. "Let's watch the stars Dorothy."

"You really are a romantic at heart, aren't you, Mr Scarecrow?"

"Sometimes. I want to be when I'm with you."

Holding each other, they silently gazed up at the stars and Jack was a very happy man because he realised that that he'd never be alone anymore. This was turning out to be one of the best weekends ever!