samandjack.net

Story Notes: AUTHOR'S NOTES: After reading Siobahn’s story, “Open Arms” that I asked her to write while I was in Fort Hell, I mean Fort Sill, Oklahoma back in 1999, I decided to write my own version. Thanks goes to Siobahn for the initial story. I want to thank my “Battle Buddy” for beta reading it for me. See, I knew the U.S. Army was good for SOMETHING!
// represents thought
~ represents lyrics

FEEDBACK: Yes, please.


Sitting at my desk, I lean over and turn up my radio. Hearing one of my favorite songs ending. I go back to work on some of the paperwork that has somehow found its way onto my desk while I have been on the planet, P2C 683.

\ God forbid I go on ANY missions. // I think to myself, with a grin on my face. I look down at the scientific report that I am working on, when I suddenly recognize my favorite song within a two note period. I pause, thinking about a certain brown-eyed, grey haired Colonel. I can’t stop the thoughts from playing out in my mind.

~Lying beside you, here in the dark~

I feel the emotion run through me as the song plays. Jack always sleeps beside me on missions. I love to watch him sleep, the rise and fall of his chest in hypnotic to me, yet calming to me at the same time. He looks young and vulnerable to me when he sleeps, yet his face betrays his youthful appearance.

~Feeling your heart beat with mine~

Oh, God how I wished that would happen. But knowing Jack, he still loves Sara, his ex-wife. Man, Sara is luck to have loved him.

~Softly you whisper, you’re so sincere~

I often whisper to Jack on missions, while Daniel and Teal’c sleep a few feet away. I whisper the sweetest and sincerest things to him, hoping against hope that he hears me. Sometimes, I hope not.

~How could our love be so blind~

I ask myself this question every time I see him. I don’t understand why we only flirt, aside from the many regulations of the military. I just want to show Jack that I can love him, too. I dream about him all the time.

~We sailed on together, we drifted apart and here you are by my side~

I know that I have to let him go. He wasn’t meant for me. This makes me want to cry. I have to let him go, either that, or I have to leave the SGC so that I can be with him. My eyes fill with tears at the thought of him never knowing that I love him so badly.


~So now I come to you, with open arms
Nothing to hide, believe what I say
So here I am with open arms
Hoping you’ll see, what your love
means to me....open arms~

If I were to tell Jack O’Neill how I felt, I’d be humiliated. But I hide my emotions well, thanks to my dad. Or so I thought, when tears fell down my soft, pink cheeks. I’m suddenly pulled back to reality, by the touch of a hand on my left shoulder. Turning around, I come face-to-face with Jack O’Neill. Softly and gently, he wipes away my fallen tears with his thumbs. I close my eyes at his touch, trying to savor this moment in my memory.


~Living without you, living alone
This empty house feels so cold
Wanting to hold you, wanting you near
How much I wanted you home~

\ I wish Jack would whisper that, then offer me his open arms. //

I think as Jack places both hands on my face, tracing my lips with his thumbs. He watches me as my blue eyes sparkle in the lab’s dim light. I can’t tear them from his dark, chocolate brown eyes, which seem to look into my soul. He smiles slightly and I can’t help but return the action.


~But now that you’ve come back
Turned night into day
I---need you to stay~

I feel my heart pound and my breath quicken as he leans down, placing his lips to mine gently, no regrets behind his kiss. I can’t move, even if I wanted to. I’m paralyzed by passion and desire. He leans closer, deepening the kiss, prying my lips open with his tongue. I open up to him. Every sensation in my body goes into massive overload. I listen to the chorus with only half an ear. I have long since stood up and wrapped my arms around Jack’s neck. When I stood, Jack wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I feel his tight body against mine.

\ I hope I’m not dreaming. // I think happily. \ YES! My hopes and desires are coming true. // When we part for air, Jack looks at me with a re-awakened passion I’ve never seen from him. Daniel had told me once that I did strange things to Jack. Things that Sara never did. All I have to do is say “Hi” and Jack is gone. He often watches me, even when he thinks I’m not looking. I smile at him and he grins his traditional “O’Neill” grin.

“I love you, Sam.” Jack says, really surprising me, and obviously himself. I don’t think he’s told anyone that in a long time.

“I love you too, Jack,” I reply after getting over the shock and using his first name in true sincerity. “Just tell me I’m not dreaming.” I plead, sounding unsure. Jack leans in and kisses me more deeply than before. I melt into his embrace.

“Did that feel like a dream?” Jack asks, sounding excited. I shake my head “no” in response. I then lace my fingers through Jack’s hair and pull him to my face, consuming his lips with mine.

I grin and kiss him again. Jack pulls me closer and this makes me feel wanted. He deepens the kiss, letting his tongue mingle with mine again. We part again and Jack smiles at me. I can tell he’s happy.

“Come home with me,” Jack says breathlessly. I stare at him, grinning. “I want you in my life, Sam.” Jack admits, putting my fears to rest. I broaden my smile and shut my computer off. I see Jack turning off the radio, “Open Arms” being over and all. Grabbing my leather jacket, I vow never to let him go. We walk out of my lab and out of the mountain complex, hand-in-hand, fingers entwined. We’re about to start our new lives together.

THE END