samandjack.net

Story Notes: Notes: *groan* after watching The mighty Ducks while babysitting I was inspired. So you can pretty much blame the lousy fic on the movie!


"O'Neill stands tense. Hockey stick poised to attention. He glances right, than left. You can almost feel Teal'cs fear as he cowers in the hockey net."

"I am not cowering, Daniel Jackson."

Daniel just waved him off and turned back to Jack who was testing his knees on the roller-blades. "O'Neill takes a deep breath and He's off! A swift push and the puck glides over the gravel like butter in a pan-"

Jack stopped skating and turned to Daniel who was commentating on Janet's lawn. "Butter in a pan? Daniel this is hockey. Don't ruin it." He warned and turned back to Teal'c who was guarding the garbage bin that served as a hockey goal.

"Hey, I'm the commentater here. I can say what I want. Hurry up, it's cold already." Daniel complained but resumed where he was, rubbing his arms to keep warm.

"Daniel that is why you'll never been a pro hockey player." Jack growled thumping his stick against the concrete, flipping the puck over with a slick move.

"Gee, I feel so empty. How will I fill the hole that hockey has left in my heart?"

"Daniel." Jack shot a glare over to his friend and started to skate around in a circle.

"Fine. O'Neill the over ego stuffed duck glides forward...." Jack stopped and dropped his stick and started to skate towards Daniel meanicingly. "Ok, Ok. Sorry." Daniel surrendered throwing up his arms in protest as Jack skated closer and closer to him.

"Guys, mom and Sam said dinner is ready."

Daniel looked up at Cassie who was standing at the front door waving for them to come in. "You heard the kid." Daniel announced already standing up, ready to go inside. "Lets go."

"Tell Doc we'll be right in. We just have to finish." Jack said ignoring Daniel's groan. He skated back to his stick and picked it up, skating over to the puck. "Daniel continue." Jack said when he saw Daniel make an escape for the front door. Daniel turned around, realising they would be there all night unless Jack finally scored a goal. Sighing and mumbling about 'old age' he sat down and began to commentated again.

"O'Neill skates back into line. Teal'cs eyes narrow on the puck. Its all up to O'Neill. If he scores this goal he'll have won the champion ship and taken out the title of 'man who has no life'."

"Daniel, didn't you hear Cassie?" Sam interupted Daniel and came to stand in the middle of the road. Jack grinned and skated around her before skating towards Teal'c.

"O'Neill glides to a stop and pauses. He looks up at the goal. One shot is all it's going to take. But will Teal'c save the day?"

"Hey!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, it seems that Carter has come out from the sin bin and has pushed Teal'c aside and snatched his stick. Carter is racing towards O'Neill and if He's not careful she's gonna..."

*whack*

"Owwwww!" Jack cried out as Sam tripped him with her hockey stick and ran off with the puck. Daniel clapped amused and watched as Jack yanked his roller blades off desperately in an attempt to catch up to her.

"Teal'c is back on his feet and is skating towards Carter. Carters in the lead and it dosen't seem like shes ready to give the puck up. Shes running all the way to the goal with Teal'c at her heels."

"That's it Major, you asked for it!"

"O'Neill is back and has caught up to Carter. Carter swerves to the right and then passes the puck to Teal'c. Teal'c, obviously unprepared, stumbles and O'Neill snatches the puck and races back to his end. But wait Teal'c is charging towards O'Neill and....."

*smack*

"Ohhhh, this is insane! Teal'c has just hit O'Neill in the stomach with his stick. O'Neill stands dazed while Teal'c hits the puck...wait a minute the puck was hit to hard and has disaperd in Mrs. O'Connels rose bush. Woah, Teal'c. This is going to be a pretty hard missions to get the puck back."

"Use his shoe!"

Daniel cried out as Sam suddenly grabbed his foot and yanked his shoes off. Sam smiled and ran back towards Jack where he pelted the concrete with his stick. "That's MY shoe!" Daniel yelled furiously as they ran off with his shoe.

"I'll bring it back!" Sam cried out dodging out of the way of Jacks stick and threw the shoe of the ground as a makeshift puck.

"You can just feel the tension in the air as Jack snatches the handsome and intelligent Jackson's shoe and races towards the goal. He's only a few feet from the goal line when Carter lunges and tackles him. There's a squabble and what looks like.....oh my god in the middle of a hockey game these two are having a tickling fight and are wrestling for that one marevellous shoe."

"Give it!"

"Make me!"

"Ahhh!"

"Oh, that foul play Carter!In a desperate attempt Carter has kissed O'Neill and he is currently stunned. Carter jumps up and grabs the shoe while O'Neill lays shocked in a heap. Meanwhile Teal'c is deep in roses and is searching madly for the puck. If this isn't the funniest game I've seen than I'm a monkeys uncle."

"Space monkey, catch!"

Daniel looked up in time to see Jack throw his stick at Daniel and he fell backwards trying to catch it. Sitting up he saw Jack charge after Sam. "O'Neill's back an is racing towards Carter who has thrown down her stick and is running to the goal. This isn't hockey anymore, this is football! Carter runs closer and is about to throw the shoe in the bin when suddenly O'Neill swoops her up and throws her over his shoulder."

"Ahhh! Put me down!" Sam cried out as Jack ran towards the other bin. "Jack!"

"O'Neill runs and.....owww, that's nasty! O'Neill has actually dumped Carter into the garbage bin and she is now desperately trying to get out. This game is out of control! In all of my years of commentating i have never seen anything like this! "

"I have found the puck!"

"Teal'c, it dosen't matter, Jack scored the goal."

"Colonel, get me out!" Jack burst out laughing and clutched his stomach gasping for air while Sam struggled to get out of the bin. "I'm serious, I'm stuck!" She cried out. Jack finally manage to stop laughing and grabbed hold of her arms and tried to tug her out. But Sam hadn't been joking she was stuck.

"People, dinner is ready! Do i have to all hit you across the head until you understand?" Janet demanded outraged as she saw Daniel and Teal'c fussing with a rose and Sam and Jack laying sprawled on the street with garbage flying all over her street.

"Busted." Cassie said standing next to Janet observing the scene.

"Right!" Janet cried making all 4 of them look up at her guilty. "No one has any dinner until this is cleared up." Like little kids there was an unison of cries and moans as they turned away and began picking up bits and pieces of trash from the street.

"Your such a cheater, Carter."

"I am not."

"Daniel Jackson there is a thorn in my thumb."

"Whose stupid Idea was it to play hockey anyway?"

THE END.