samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: scc@thepla.net

Set: Straight after 100 DAYS

Feedback: yessie!

Archive: SJA yes, Heliopolis yes, any 1 else please ask.

Note: well seeing how i'm still a little depressd about 100 days and considering us Aussie havn't even seen it yet, i put in my own piece, if i having anything wrong, shoot me. I'm sorry.


The hallways in the SGC went quiet as Jack walked through them. As of late, he had a sense that everyone was talking in hushed vioces because of his presence.

He turned wearily to look at a young luteniet, but he quickly turned a corner and disapeard. Jack rose an eyebrow. {ok, what am i like a black plague now?} we wondered as yet another airman ran away.

Jack didn't like where any of this was going. The hushed, whispered vioces, the scattering of people to get out of his way. Or the cold hard glares from many of the SGC staff. What ever he had done, he wish he knew so he could fix it. Because at the moment, the once friendly base was now more lethal that a bikers bar.

Determined to escape from the glares, Jack retreated towards Daniel's lab and sought refuge. Upon opening the door, he found Teal'c. The Jaffa warrior was nursing the side of his head in most obviuos pain, and wipping away the seeping blood from the cut on his lip.

Teal'c looked up in obvious disintrest and turned back to Daniel. The young man had not yet even bothered to anknowledge Jack's hushed entrance. Jack locked the door behind him quietly, and waited for Daniel to turn around and greet him.

He did no such thing.

Jack smircked at Teal'c. "Teal'c, what happened to you?" Jack asked, claiming a seat beside Daniel and sitting down. Daniel looked at Jack, looking annoyed at his intrusion. He turned back to Teal'c and shifted his back to Jack.

Jack felt like an outsider, and slightly edged away. So now his friends where giving him the cold shoulder? But before he could ask more Teal'c responded. "Nothing to concern you about O'Neill." He stated.

Now Jack knew something was up. Teal'c did not often make his feelings clear, but the expression he was sending him, clearly read that he did not want to talk to him. "What have a done?" Jack finally exploded angrily.

Daniel slowly turned around, looking angrier than Jack had ever seen him. "It's not so much what you've done, it's what you didn't do." He stated and turned back to Teal'c to hand him a tissue for his lip.

"Excuse me?" Jack asked fustrated. "What is *that* supposed to mean?" He sighed angrily. "Fine, i'll ask Carter than." He declared angrily and stood up. {Carter was a good friend, she'd tell him wouldn't she?}

"Good Luck!" Daniel snorted. "I'll let Janet know to prepare a medical team for when they drag you in unconscious." He remarked, more to himself than to Jack.

Jack stopped dead short. "Daniel, what are you talking about? I don't have time for riddles, just tell me."

Daniel stood up and cocked his head sarcastickly. "Right. You *never* have time for anyone but yourself."

He pointed to the door. "Go ahead Jack, maybe you can find another woman to knock up and betray a few more firends." Daniel's green eyes flashed from under his glasses and Teal'c watched the transgression curiuos to what Daniel would do.

Jack was taken aback. He had never in his life, heard so much hate spew from a persons mouth. But the shock faded and his walls built tall as he defended himself. "I don't know what is wrong with you Jackson, but you better explain yourself."

His words only fueled Daniel's anger, Filling the man's head with so many words that he could not realease them all at once. "Why you..." he splutterd.

Teal'c stood up. "Enough." He declared. "O'Neill it would be wise if you go away. At least until Major Carter and DrJackson have cooled down. I myself have words to say, but anger does not solve things." Teal'c finished his speech and touched his lip tentively. "And neither does violence."

Daniel scowled and turned, sitting with his back to Jack.

Jack snorted and mutters something inchoherant and stormed out of the room. {I'll find Carter.} He reasoned, weaving his way down the corridor towards her lab, {and than i can find out just what the hell is going on.}



...........................................................................



Jack spent an hour searching for Carter. He searched her labs, the debarktion room, the infirmary, even her quarters and still found n o sigh of her. It didn't help when no one would give him a straigh answer either. Finally admitting defeat, he strode into the locker room and opened his locker.

Riffeling through the locker, Jack overheard two marines talking while showering after their last mission. "Man, you should see her pissed. She almost killed Teal'c." The marine, know as Berges commented.

"No way." The second one, Lukis, denied.

"Yeah, man I would hate to be O'Neill." He shouted from under the spray. "I mean, she had every one down and out for the count. I'm telling you, she could of killed them with a look."

Jack stopped what he was doing and crept closer to the rising steam. He could hear Lukis agreeing and murming sounds as he turned on shower spray harder.

"That chic is full of surprises. Feel sorry for her though." Jack frowned and leaned against the wall as he heard Lukis sigh. "I mean, Makepeace was a conviving assehole, but even he wasn't a bastard to her like O'Neill."

"I hear you.!" Berges confirmed and they started off on another conversation about what they where going to do on standown on friday night. Jack's fist tightened. {What the hell was everyone's problem?} Jack thought storming out of the lockers.{ Was it becasue I was Endora for so long? What was going on? How am I a bastard? It wasn't my fault.} He mused and started hurrying through the corridors again.



...........................................................................



Jack had been walking for half an hour when he found himself on the 3rd level of the base. He stepped out of the stairwell and drifted along to the booming music at the far end of the 'recreation' hallway.



"Cut my tounge out
I've be caught out
Like a giant juggernaut
Happy hours
Golden showers
On a cruise
To freak you out
We could fly our helipcopters
Nothing left to talk about
Entertain you
Celebrate you
I'll be back to frame you."



The heavy base pounded against his head, as the person who was listening to it, cranked it up higher. He heard the sound of someone being thrown to the ground and cry out.

Jack crept closer towards the end door labeled, 'boxing room' and stopped. Someone grunted inside and he heard the tell tale sighs of someone being punched in the face.



"When i grow up,
I'll be stable.
When i grow up,
I'll turn the tables.

Trying hard to fit amoung you,
Floating out to wonderland.
Unprotected,
God i'm pregant,
Damn the concsequences."



Jack jumped back as the door was pounded and the 'thud' of someone slidding down the frame, startled him. Standing on tip toes, he peered through the small window. What he saw there, will remain in his mind till the day he died.

His Major. Her blue eyes a deadly shade of Dark blue, a leering scowl pulling at her twisted lips. She circled a slumped form on the mat. Her black tank top and black tights clad leg, making her movement seem gracefull and cat like. She seemed to be stalking her pray, her action mimiking that of a Shark circling the defensless.

"Get up!" She shouted and the weary figure rose.

"Again!" She shouted and raised her fist. The tierd solider, Jack recgognised as the bases top soliders who minded the top level, sagged. "Come on Solider, you been eating too many of those donuts." She leered, trying to wind up the anger filled man.

It worked, He lunged forward, fist raised and jabbed. Carter was kicked and blocked the pass, sending an upper cut to his jaw, before flipping him to the ground.

Sam stretched her neck, jumping up and down, ready for some more. THe solider just lay on his back, trying to regain his breath and dignity back. But the music's loud base and fast beat fueled her on and she hauled him to his feet.



"Blood and blisters,
On my fingers.
Chaos rules when were apart.
Watch my temper,
I go mental
I'll try to be gentle when.....

I grow up,
I'll be stable.
When i grow up,
I'll turn the tables."



Sam threw him to the door and mentioned for him to get out. He sighed and threw his boxing gloves on the floor in defeat. Jack jumped out of the way as the door was pushed open and the Gaurd tried not to limp out.

As soon as the door closed behind him, he began to hobble towards the elevator and didn't even acknolwege Jack's bewildered look.

Jack waited until the gaurd had left before he turned back. Sam scowerd at the room. She seemed to gaze at the wall, dreaming almost, until her anger rose and she slammed her fist against the punching bag.

Jack felt his blood run cold. He had never seen her angry. Ever. She was always cool and maintained. He knew that she went here when she was angry. But that was when she was really angry and needed a release.

Carter had admitted once that her father had taught her and her brother to fight with their fists. But after a father-daughter argument, his teaching back fired and out of anger Sam hit her father. He imediatly sent her off to an all girls boarding school, with the warning that it was 'best to take your anger out on something inanimate'.

{And boy is she pissed} He realised, seeing the hunger of violence in her eyes. It scared him to the core. To see his Major so upset and so angry that she pelted the bag like there was no tomorrow.

The last song faded and he rose his eye borws at the less, fast beat song. {Maybe she just needs to get it out of her system, } jack wondered {then everything will be back to normal} he smirked to himeself and watched Carters movements, confirming his rediculous idea. {and Goul'ds might fly}



"There was a time when i would,
Go walking backwards around the world
If you said your mine.
And i'd run blindfold down the
Kingsroad monday morning
If you just for once arrived on time
But you turned into another liar,
And you can on like a new messiah,
So before you say what you Desire.
I'm telling you know.

I quit I quit
'Cause lovin' you's a job i don't need
Ain't gonna go to work no more
I quit I quit
Your situations's vacant for me
Ain't gonna go to work no more
Ain't gonna go to work ."



Jack felt each pound as the woman infront of him belted the bag. Her arm's pciked up a tempo with the music, sending her to empahis 'Quit' with each punch, or a high jump kick.

He saw the smile lick at her lips, and thought she was enjoying this a little too much. He hoped he never got her pissed at him like that.

But something nagged at him, telling him that maybe, she was upset at *him*.{ But how}, he wondered,{ what did i ever do to her?}

He went to open the door when she dropped. Maybe from exhustion or maybe from anger. But whatever it was, she fell and she threw off her gloves, showing him the red and blue stains on her fists. Just how long had she being doing this? He wondered.

Adreline left her body, as she lay there, sprawled on her back, breathing hard and cradling her wrist. Her blond hair was slicked back from sweat and the empty water bottle that lay abandont by her keys.



"I tried my hardest
I've been conscientiuos
But i'm taking back that heart of mine
You can't roll me round your tounge not more baby
It's time to clear up you emotional debris
And if i'm falling over board
Please don't save me
Cause i'm telling you know

I quit I quit
'Cause lovin' you's a job i don't need
Ain't gonna go to work no more
I quit I quit
Your situations's vacant for me
Ain't gonna go to work no more
Ain't gonna go to work ."



"Arg!" He heard her cry and he watched as she rolled onto her side and get up. But she gave up and flopped back. "Damn it!" She cried and she settled when the music changed.

Instead of music, the sound of a teenaged girls vioce came over the speakers and Jack looked confused. Sam mimed every word as the girl spoke and he felt guilt well in his heart.



"I hate the way you talk to me
And I hate the way you cut your hair
I hate the way you drive my car
I hate it when you stare."



Sam sat up, still miming the words, her eyes closed as she leant against the beak of the wall. But she had lost the body language of anger and he wondered if maybe she was ok now.



"I hate your big dumb combat boots
And i hate the way you read my mind
I hate you so much it makes me sick
It even makes me rhyme.
I hate it when your always right
I hate it when you lie. "



Sam's bottomr lip almost quirverd and he could hear the girl on the tapes vioce falter. Jack watched as Sam sniffed and sighed, her eyes still closed.



" I hate it when you make me laugh,
even worse when you make me cry
I hate it when your not around
And the fact you didn't call
But mostly i hate the way i don't hate you
Not even close, not even a little bit, not any at all."



The tape stopped and he watched as Sam sagged and burried her face in her hands. Slowly opening the door, he peaked his head in. Taking it as a good sigh that she hadn't spoken up, he snuck in.

Closing the door nervously he shut the door and walked towards her. He got all the way over to her, and she hadn' tacknowleged him. Slowly, bending down, Jack touched her shoulder. "Sam?" He asked.

She stiffened amediatly and jumped to her feet. "Sir!" She sulated and swayed lightly. Jack caught her in time and lowered her back to the floor. As soon as she sat on the mat she brushed him off. "I'm fine. " She snapped and hid her face from him.

Her eyes where no longer deadly blue, nor laughing bright blue. Instead they where the a dull blue, filled with anguish.

Jack reached up and touched her chin, pulling it up. "Sam.....i'm sorry."

He thought maybe she hadn't heard him, when she didn't say anything. "Sam?" He whispered, but she looked up at him, the lasts of the anger resurfcing.

"I heard you!" SHe snapped. Jack jumped back startled, as if he had been burned. "You think everything is going to be ok, if you say 'oh i'm sorry'?" She used the wall to pull herself up and steadied herself a stars appeard over her eyes. "Just forget it." She murmerd and walked over to get her keys.

"Sam!" He called out, but she left, slaming the door behind her and leaving him to sit in the middle of the mat alone. He sat there for a moment in silence and watched the blinking light on the stero. He sat up straighted, an idea coursing through his viens.

Jumping to his feet he ran to the surface. He had alot to do if he was to make it up to sam. And he would, even if it killed him.

Sam groaned fustrated as she fidled with the lock on her lab door. { Damn, why couldn't they fix this damn door?} She cursed as she finally fell into her office.

As Sam went to turn on the light, she stopped. She froze looking around her candle lit office.

A smile widend on her face. A small note sat infront of the candle. It read. "Each candle represent the days I longed for you, my love bruns like an open flame, never to be doused."

Sam felt her heart well up, and she gulped down lump in her throat. Her heart did a little dance as she bent down. The white candle closest to her read 'Day 1' with a red rose attached to it. The one next to it read 'Day 2' and a similar rose attached.

Sam followed the pattern of days, until she realised that the pattern made a path towards a c.d. player.{ Who in the world...?} She thought and Sam smiled. She reached the last candle, reading '100th day.'

A small note was attached to a blinking C.d player. The words clearly stating 'Play me'. Sam felt adreline of excitment pass through her viens as she pressed play.

The sound of a light base filled the air and she listend to the words closely.



"I do I do I do I do Ido
All I am, all i'll be
Everything in this world
All that i'll ever need
Is in your eyes
Shinning at me
When you smile I can feel
All my passions unfolding
Your hand brushes mine
And a thousand sensations
Seduce me 'casuse I

I do cheris you
For the rest of my life
You don't have to think twice
I will always love you still
From the depths of my soul
It's beyond control
I've waited so long to say this to you
If you're asking do I love you
This much I do.

Oh baby
In my world before you
I lived outside my emotions
Didn't know where I was going
'Till the day I found you
How you opened up my life
To a new paradise
In a world torn by change
Still with all my heart
'Till my dying day.

I do Cherish you (cherish you)
This much i know is true
For the rest of my life
You don't have to think twice
I will (i'll always love you) love you still"



Sam gasped as a pair of warm hands snaked around her waist and a rose was pressed into her hand. She smiled and tried to turn around but the person stilled her.

He whispered words into her ear, sending tingles down her spine, "Just dance" He whispered and started to rock her back and forth. Sam leant back into the loving embrace, while his arms laced lazily round her waist. Sam closed her eyes, listening to him mouth the words in her ear, as they swayed.



"This much I know is true
From the depths of my soul
It's beyond my control
I've waited so long to say this to you
If you're asking do I love you
Yes I do (I really love you)
I do (I really love you)
If you're asking do I love you this much
Baby I do (i'll cherish you)
Cherish you
This much I know is true
From the depths of my soul
It's beyond my control
I've waited this lond to say this to you
If you're asking do I love you
This much
Baby i do........"



The song finshed and they where left in the silence of their breathing. They still danced in the silence. A tear drop trailed from her cheak and onto his hand and she felt herself being turned around.

She looked up into the warmest hazel eyes she had ever seen. Once she saw the love and adoration shinning through her eyes, she knew that she could never hate the man who held her.

"Sam..." He started, but she silenced him with her mouth. The warm kiss flooding through her and giving her a feeling of walking of air.

His arms pulled her tighter and she drunk in the warmth and the love and all the appoliogies he tried to express. Sam felt all the anger and walls she had built fall to the ground. She now stood infront of him, her heart on her sleeve and giving into him. It scared her, but by the looks of love he was expressing, he would rather die before hurting again.

"Sam! Hey Sam the....."

Sam tore away from Jack as the light opened and white light was thrown into the dark room. At the door Daniel stood shocked and his mouth opening and closing. "I ahhh.... I mean... er..... i'll come back later." He quickly said and ran out of the room.

Jack smiled and grinned, looking down at Sam. "Please, i'm sorry, plese give me another chance." He asked kissing her forehead. "I know that saying sorry wont make it right, but I want to try."

Sam nodded, She looked up to him, her eyes briming with tears."But what about Laira?" She asked, anger filling her viens. Jack felt her tense and gave her a strange look.

"What about her?" He asked confused.

Sam gave him a sharp look. "Jack, you slept with her, what if she's pregnant? What if she want's to take you away, what if...."

He quickly silenced her with a kiss, a kiss that weakend her to the knee's and made her tremble. "Shh, you think too much." He said sharply. Sam looked at him hard awaiting an answer.

Jack sighed."I..I..almost slept with her." Jack stopped when he saw her eyes fill with tears. He quickly grasped her arms and looked at her. "But i couldn't go through with it. And she knew that."

He hugged her too him and kissed her forehead. "She knew I loved you." He explained. "As for pregnat. If people can get pregnant by wishful thinking, then she's guilty as charged. But Sam." He paused and held her tight, looking her dead in the eye. "I didn't love her like you. Ever. I dont know what made you think I ever did. I'm in love with *you* Samantha Carter."

Sam bit her lip guilty. "But she was holding her stomach." Sam started.

Jack looked at her grinning and mentioned to her. Sam also was holding her stomach. "You do it all the time when your nervous." He said as she wipped her hands away. "So unless *you* have something to tell me, you have nothing to worry about."

Sam grinned, feeling foolish at her actions, and the last week. "I'm sorry." She said looking at the ground. "But you walked off when I was talking and....Well."

Jack's face fell. "I'm sorry." He said whole heartedly." I guess part of me was so shocked at seeing you that....." He was cut off as Sam kissed at him and he grinned into herlips. "So can we start again?" He asked shyly.

Sam winked at him and kissed him again. "Depends."

He stopped and frowned. "What?"

Sam grinned evily and patted the desk behind her. "If you up for it."

Jack looked at her confused for a moment until it dawned on him. Sam sat onto of the table and motioned for him to follow. Jack grinned and locked the door behind him and walked over to here. "I'm up for anything you can give me, Major." He said as he kissed her.

"Good." Sam said pulling him ontop of her. "Becasue we have 100 days to catch up on."

"I can't wait.".........



THE END.

~~~~~~~ so did it suck????? ~~~~~~~~~