samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers/Season Info:- None that I can think of.

Author's Note. Okay, my friends are always saying what a sucker I am for love songs so, I thought why not. But please remember, that this is my first Stargate fanfic, and the fact that I'm Australian. Please spare me! Loads of thanks to Efrat for beta-ing and making me feel welcome. Feedback is sooooo welcome! Flames to. I don't care. Lyrics contained in * *, thoughts in < >.


A solitary light shined through under the crack between the bottom of the office and the tiled floor. If anyone had been bothered to look through the blinds, they would have seen the three conspirators sitting at the table. Piles of paper were slowly taking over the table space, leaving barely enough room for the three. The pile of CD's and tapes, was slowly catching up on the paper though. Muffled laughter could be heard from the office. Something was up.



* * * ^ ^ ^ * * * ^ ^ ^ * * * ^ ^ ^



A few days later, a lone figure crept alone the street, trying to keep to the shadows. The figure was obviously female as the moon's light high-lighted her features. It was hard to find the shadows, let alone keep to them, with the moon shinning down on her. Carefully she walked up to the white door of a house in the street. Slipping her hand into her coat, she pulled out a small package and slipped it through the mail slot. She heard it hit the ground with a bump and hoped it hadn't been damaged. Then this whole plan would be for nothing.

Quickly checking her watch she started off at a walk, an un-named song being whistled from her lips. She still had plenty of time before SG-1 returned from off world.



* * * ^ ^ ^ * * * ^ ^ ^ * * * ^ ^ ^



Sam Carter stepped through the door to her house, holding her keys in one hand and groceries in the other. As she glanced around her living room she said a small prayer for the power of the cleaning ladies. Spending all her time off-world didn't leave much time for cleaning the place.

The paper grocery bag that she was holding made an attempt at freedom, by slipping out of her arms a little. Fortunately for her, Sam was a little Faster and caught it. Setting the bag on the counter, she picked up her mail and started flipping through it.

"Bill, bill, bill, junk, bill, junk, coupon, junk… oh package."

She threw the rest of the mail aside and glanced at the package. It was roughly 15cm by 15cm and covered with plain brown paper. Sam figured that it wasn't going to explode all over her house, so it could wait. Sam threw the package on the couch and went to the cupboard and got herself a glass. Then came the wine. Finally after lighting the candles she sat down and picked up the package again.

Carefully, Sam pulled the paper off and looked at the case. Inside, was a CD, There was no writing or marks on the front to indicate what was on it. Pulling out the CD she got up and placed it in the CD player. After pressing play, she wandered back to the couch and listened.

The first notes came through and soon after a voice started singing.



* The secret of love
I thought I understood
The way it's supposed to be
I never imagined you could
Blow my theory apart
And now you're running away with my heart *







* I don't want to think about it
Don't want to think clear
Don't analyze
What I'm doing here
Want to be impulsive
Reckless
And lose myself in your kiss *



Sam had started to move her head to the music, all the while thinking about the song.



* Arrows through hearts
Drawn on a misty window
You're taking me home in the rain
My heart is beating
Don't say no
My head keeps saying take it slow *







* I don't want to think about it
Don't want to think clear
Don't analyze
What I'm doing here
Want to be impulsive
Reckless
And lose myself in your kiss *







* You're giving me a feeling
It's a sudden rush
Acting on the moment
Spontaneous
Oh this is not like me
To follow my heart so easily *



Finally the panic started to die and Sam listened to the words more easily. The parts of the Jigsaw that was her love life, were starting to come together.



* I am reckless...impulsive
I never imagined you could blow my theory apart
But now you're running away with my heart,
My heart.*







* I don't want to think about it
Don't want to think clear
Don't analyze
What I'm doing here
Want to be impulsive
Reckless
And lose myself in your kiss *







* You're giving me a feeling
It's a sudden rush
Acting on the moment
Spontaneous
Want to be impulsive...reckless
And lose myself in your kiss
Impulsive
I want to be impulsive
I'm gonna be impulsive
Reckless
And lose myself
Lose myself *



The music slowly died and all that was left was the sounds of the flickering candle flame. Sam smiled to herself and reached for the phone, dialing Jack's number off by heart.

"Colonel, sorry, Jack. Um… would you mind coming around to my place? I got something I want you to hear you. Yeah, 20 minutes is fine. I'll see ya then."

Sam decided that it was time for her to be impulsive. She would just go and tell him. Impulsive, reckless.



* * * ^ ^ ^ * * * ^ ^ ^ * * * ^ ^ ^



Outside Sam's window sat three figures hiding in the shadows. After Sam got off the phone and left the room, two of the figures shot up and laughingly gave each other hi-fives. The third person stood quietly and walked over to the laughing pair.

Teal'c spoke quietly," Daniel Jackson, Doctor Fraiser, may I suggest we leave before Colonel O'Neill arrives." Glancing at Daniel, "It seems that your suspicions were indeed founded."

There was more laughter and then a mad dash for the car.



The end.



End Notes: Note from author; Anyone notice that trying to write Teal'c is like trying to write a Vulcan???