samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers: none

Season/Sequel info: none

Also, thanks to Wendy, who encouraged me to also go public!


A cool night breeze filtered through the open window onto the two figures on the bed. Moonlight shone through, sending a silver glow into the room. Neither was asleep, not yet, anyway.

"Jack?"

"Mm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

Jack's eyes came open as Sam lifted her head off of his chest to lean up on one elbow. "Oh no, please, not again!" he whined, laughing. "Can't you get a hobby, I'm pooped!"

Sam giggled, and play tapped his chest. "I'm being serious."

Smiling, he traced her face with his finger. "Anything."

Leaning into his hand, she sighed. "I hate all this sneaking around, Jack. I know it's supposed to be a secret but can't we at least tell the guys about us?"

Jack pulled her down to his chest again, stroking her back with his fingers. "Well, then, we'd have to admit to all those times we sneaked off together. How embarrassing!"

"But I want to come and kiss you and sit with you and..." She stopped, thought. "Well, you know what I mean?"

"I know, Sam. You don't know how many times I considered taking you into the kitchen and locking the door."

She lifted her head. "Oh yeah, how many?"

"Once or twice." He could feel her eyes on him. "OK, nine or ten!"

"Jack!" she gasped. "Only nine or ten?"

"Well, any more and Teal'c would have guessed for sure!" He smiled.

"I wish we didn't have to hide it from them, especially in my own home. I want to be able to put my arms around you and not to care about rules and regulations." She stroked the hair on his chest. "We can trust them, Jack."

"I know we can." He kissed her head.

"So can we tell them?"

"I guess so," he said into her hair, "you'd better tell Janet too, she'll only get it out of Daniel anyway! Besides, she's your friend."

Sam leaned up and kissed his chin. "Have I told you how much I love you?"

"Once or twice." He smiled. "But you can tell me again."

Without warning, Sam moved to straddle his hips. "Oh, I intend to," she said, leaning down to kiss him.



***



The following day, Jack called Daniel over to one side. "You up for drinks at my place this weekend?"

Daniel nodded. "Sure, what's the occasion?"

"No occasion," Jack said nervously, "does there have to be an occasion?"

"No." Daniel shook his head, bewildered.

"Bring Teal'c," said Jack, starting to walk away, "oh, and Janet."

Daniel stared after him, smiling to himself. Maybe at last Jack and Sam could stop all the cloak and dagger routine!

On his way through the corridor, Jack saw Sam coming the other way with another female officer. "Major," he said, "can I see you in your office?"

"Yes, sir." She nodded. "Anything wrong?"

He didn't speak, just made head jerking movements. A kind of nodding was all Sam could make of it. The other officer walked on, as Jack followed Sam into her office, closing the door behind him. Sam turned to say something to him, only to be silenced by his lips on hers

The kiss was like no other they'd shared before, all the more exciting because it was forbidden. Her arms came up to his back, pulling him closer, deepening their kiss until they broke apart for breath. Gazing at her, he kissed her again, a short sweet kiss on her lips. "I had to do that," he breathed. She nodded breathlessly, following him to the door, only to be stopped from opening it by his mouth crashing down on hers once more. The kiss was deeper and hotter and wetter than the last. Their arms tangled around each other locking their bodies together as they tried to break the kiss only to find themselves kissing again.

When they finally parted, they held their foreheads together. "I have to go," he whispered.

"I know." She smiled. "You have to go."

With a final kiss on her forehead, he left her office, leaving her with a smile on her kiss-swollen lips.



***



The week passed quickly with no major off-world explorations. As Saturday night approached, Jack found himself more and more nervous. He shouldn't be, these people were his friends. Sam came up behind him and hugged him. "You OK?" she whispered into his ear.

"I just wish they would get here," he sighed.

Sam moved around in front of him and kissed his nose. "Stop worrying!"

"I can't help it," he said. "I feel like I'm asking your father if I can marry you!"

"It'll be fine, they're our friends." She patted his chest, smiling at the expression on his face.

There was a knock at the door, making them both jump. Sam smiled up at him. "I'll go." When she opened the door, Daniel, Teal'c and Janet seemed surprised to see her. "I... um... arrived early," she offered feebly.

Daniel handed her a bottle of wine and walked in. Teal'c nodded to her on the way in and Janet handed her a huge bag of popcorn. Sam looked at her questioningly. "I like popcorn." She smiled, and walked past Sam, who closed the door. Jack was already taking coats and cracking jokes when Sam made her way to his kitchen.

Leaving the others talking in the living room, Jack walked into the kitchen with Sam. She had her back to him, emptying crackers into bowls. He moved up behind her and planted a kiss on the back of her neck. She jumped and turned. "Jack!" She thumped him playfully in the chest.

Janet, Daniel and Teal'c stopped what they were doing to look over.

Sam gazed up at Jack, smiling as she put her arms up around his neck, both of them forgetting their friends for a moment. Jack came down to kiss her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Daniel sat back in his chair and folded his arms, smiling. Janet had a huge smile on her face, and Teal'c, well, in his own way, he approved!

When their lips parted, Sam smiled and turned back towards the worktop. With a final kiss to her head, Jack took some bowls of food over to the table where their friends were sat, and settled in his favourite chair. A few minutes later, Sam followed. She felt Janet's eyes on her, the smile on her face full of approval.

"How long?" Daniel asked Jack, who was more distracted with Sam coming to sit on the arm of his chair.

"A few months now." Jack grinned happily, pulling Sam to sit across his lap. As she moved her arms around his neck, Sam looked at their three friends.

"We wanted you to know. We wanted you to be happy for us."

"You and Colonel O'Neill look very happy together," Teal'c said first.

"Thanks, Teal'c. We are." She smiled down at Jack.

Daniel sat forward. "Well, all I can say is... it's about time!"

"Yes, this is so great," Janet said excitedly. "I want all the details!" When Jack looked at her, she shrugged. "I don't get out much!"

They had a great evening, enjoying each other's company, finishing the evening off with a game of Monopoly which, surprisingly, Teal'c won. Janet offered to drive Teal'c back to base, while Daniel stayed a while longer. He helped Sam clean up while Jack was in the bathroom. "You want a ride home?" he asked her, as Jack walked back into the room.

She felt herself blushing slightly. "Thanks, Daniel, but I'm... um...." She looked him in the eye. "....not going home tonight."

"Oh," he said, and then, "oh, OK."

Jack patted him on the shoulder. "You OK there Daniel? You look a little flushed."

"I'm... um..... fine." He looked around. "I'll head off now, leave you two alone."

"You don't have to go," Sam said. "Jack, tell him!"

"You're welcome to stay on the sofa," he offered.

"No, but thanks. I'll see you guys on Monday?" He nodded over to Sam. "I'm really pleased for you guys."

Sam's smile said it all, as Jack led him over to the door. After a quick brotherly hug, he left.

When Jack came back inside, Sam was waiting for him. "That went well." He moved forward to put his arms around her.

"No more hiding," he whispered.

She moved her hands up his chest to link behind his neck. "Let's go to bed."

She moved away, holding his hand, leading him to his bedroom, turning lights off along the way.

Their night had just begun.



End