samandjack.net

Story Notes: email: arla@connect.ab.ca

Classification: Sam/Jack Romance; Challenge Response

Spoilers: none

Archive: Sam and Jack Relationship; Heliopolis; my site only. Everyone else please ask first

The lyrics are not mine the are from the song I Want You To Need Me by Diane Warren

Notes: As always, kudos to my beta reader Ness. The song title mentioned in the story is from Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty. Response to the "1999 Sara Challenge" This challenge didn't specify at what point in Jack and Sara's marriage, Jack and Sam first met so I have chosen a point just after the Abydos mission and their marriage is ending. So this story takes place just after the movie and before, during and after the events in Children of The Gods. So, of course, this means that during the entire series Jack and Sam are lovers and Jack's indiscretion in "100 Days" never happened. Oh and then love scenes have been ‘tamed' in this one for our younger list members But there is a NC-!7 version of this story for the Older and more adventurous souls on our list.


Colonel Jack O'Neill sighed and shifted in his seat as his plane began its descent into Dulles. He had been called into the Pentagon to give his report on the Abydos mission and instead of reviewing what he was going to say his mind had been on the events of the last few days. He had returned home to find Sara gone, everything of hers removed from the house and a note telling him she was filing for divorce. Once he had recovered from the initial shock he realized that this was probably the best thing for both of them.

Nothing had been the same between them since Charlie had died, and though she'd never come out and said it, Jack knew that deep down she blamed him for Charlie's death. Hell, he blamed himself. The one and only time he had ever been careless with his weapon, Charlie had picked it up. The sound of that gun going off was one that would haunt him for the rest of his life. His and Sara's marriage had died that day along with Charlie. Although he still loved Sara and suspected that she still loved him, they were not *in* love any more and he realized that they hadn't been for some time. Charlie's death had just been the catalyst for the inevitable.

Without an afterthought Jack slipped off his wedding band and dropped it into the pocket of his dress uniform just as the plane touched down.

Several minutes later he stepped outside to find a staff car waiting for him.

"Hello, Colonel O'Neill" the young Lieutenant saluted "How was your flight?" he inquired as he held open the door.

"Fine, thank you." Jack replied as he slid into the back seat and settled back for the ride to the Pentagon.



***



After checking with the guard at the front desk and finding out where his meeting was, Jack moved down the corridor. He wasn't really paying attention to where he was going and next thing he knew he had collided with a soft and definitely feminine form. The files she had been carrying flew everywhere and only his quick reflexes prevented her from being tossed to the floor.

"God, I'm sorry." he apologized and found himself looking into the most exquisitely blue eyes he'd ever seen. Her features were delicately chiseled and framed with blonde hair pulled back into a french roll.

"It's okay Colonel." the woman replied when he'd released her and flashed him a quick smile as she knelt and began to gather up her files. Jack bent down to help her and when they were all gathered up he took her arm to help her to her feet.

"Sorry." he apologized again. "I'm not usually such a klutz."

The woman laughed and it was a delightful sound. "I really must go. If you'll excuse me Colonel?' she stated with a smile.

"Of course. Sorry again." he said . The woman nodded and Jack watched her as she moved down the corridor his eyes drawn to the sensuous sway of her hips beneath the skirt of her uniform. Once she had disappeared, Jack released a low appreciative whistle and then continued on his way.



***



Jack looked up when he realized that he hadn't been paying attention. He had let his mind wander in the boring meeting and it had finally settled on the beautiful blonde Captain he had literally run into earlier. "I'm sorry, Sir." Jack stated with an almost sheepish look.

"I asked if you had anything more to add to your report on the mission to Abydos?"

Jack's thoughts settled momentarily on Dr. Jackson and wondered how the young archeologist was faring. "Um no Sir. I have nothing to add.."

"Very well Colonel O'Neill that will be all." the General stated as he stood up. Jack rose and met the General around the end of the conference table. "Good job Colonel, I don't suppose I can make you reconsider your retirement plans? We could still use a man like you."

"No, sir. I'm sorry" Jack replied. "Maybe at some future time I'll come back, but right now I need some time."

"I understand Colonel." the General nodded and the two men shook hands. "Good luck."

"Yes, Sir. Thank you." Jack replied as he saluted then spun on his heel and stepped from the conference room.

Jack stopped at the reception desk on his way out. "Excuse me, Lieutenant, is there a good hotel nearby."

"Yes, Colonel. The Pentagon keeps a room at the Hyatt just down the street. Would you like me to see if it is available?"

"Thank you."

"No problem Colonel just give me a moment."

Several minutes later the Lieutenant put down the phone. "I've told the hotel you're coming, Sir and they'll have the room ready for you."

"Thanks," Jack said and then stepped away. He was almost to the door when he turned back and approached the desk again.

"Was there something you forgot, Sir?"

"Yah, could you suggest a good bar?"

"Certainly. Kelsey's across the road. It's frequented a lot by Pentagon staff."

"Thanks." he finished and headed back to the door



***



Jack went to the hotel and checked in. Minutes later he entered the suite and whistled at its luxury. Crossing to the bed he tossed his bag onto it then proceeded to change. After pulling on a pair of jeans and polo shirt, Jack slipped on his leather jacket and tucked his wallet and hotel key into the pocket. Heading to the door he left his suite and moved to the elevator

He stopped at the hotel dining room and grabbed some supper before leaving the hotel and heading for the bar the Lieutenant had told him about.

The bar was noisy and busy when Jack stepped inside and he made a quick survey before moving and sliding into a bar stool.

"What'll it be?" the bartender asked

"Just whatever you have on tap will be fine." Jack told him.

Several minutes later the bartender set the mug down in front of him and Jack muttered a quiet thank you.

Jack sat quietly nursing his beer and looked up when he heard a voice beside him.

"Well, fancy meeting you here. May I?" the woman he had met earlier asked and indicated the seat beside him.

"Of course, " Jack smiled. "Can I buy you a drink?"

"Thank you. A beer will be fine." she told him and Jack nodded.

"Bartender, a beer for the lady please?" he said then turned back to her. "I don't believe I caught your name earlier?"

"It's Samantha though most people call me Sam, or Lizzie."

"Lizzie?"

"Yah, my middle name is Elizabeth."

"Ah, well I'm Jack."

"Nice to meet you, Jack" Sam smiled and held up her mug.

"You too." Jack replied and touched her mug with the edge of his.

Jack was surprised by just *how* comfortable he was with Samantha and how easy she was to talk too. He found himself telling her things he usually kept to himself. She even laughed at his jokes, he thought with a smile. She had a delightful laugh.

"What's so funny?" she asked with a amused tone to her voice.

"I was just thinking that nobody laughs at my jokes and how I like the sound of your laugh."

"Thank you for that." Sam smiled. "But you do make me laugh and nobody's been able to really do that for a while now. So thank *you*."



***



Jack flashed her a smile and then hearing the start of another song he decided to go for broke. "Would you like to dance?"

"Love to." Sam smiled and set down her glass. Jack took her hand and helped her down from the bar stool leading her across the bar to the dance floor. They found a spot amidst the other couples and Jack pulled her close. She pressed herself against him and rested her head next to his as the soft seductive notes of a love song began.



I wanna be the face you see when you close your eyes
I wanna be the touch you need every single night
I wanna be your fantasy
And be you reality
And everything in between

I want you to need me
Like the air you breathe
I want you to feel me
In everything
I want you to see me
In your every dream
The way that I taste you, feel you, breathe you need you
I want you to need me, need me
Like I need you



The music wove it's seductive web around them and shut out all else but the feel of each other. Sam pulled her head back and met Jack's eyes. They were dark, deep and soulful and they held each other's gaze, bodies moving together with the music as it continued it's bewitching spell.



I wanna be the eyes that look deep into your soul
I wanna be the world to you I just want it all
I wanna be your deepest kiss
The answer to your every wish
And all you ever need.

I want you to need me
Like the air you breathe
I want you to feel me
In everything
I want you to see me
In your every dream
The way that I taste you, feel you, breathe you need you
I want you to need me, need me

‘Cos I need you more than you could know
And I need you to never ever let me go
And I need to be deep inside your heart
I just wanna be everywhere you are

I wanna be the face you see when you close your eyes
I wanna be the touch you need every single night
I wanna be your fantasy
And be you reality
And everything in between



As the chorus began again Jack slid his hand up to gently caress Sam's cheek. She leaned into his caress and met his gaze, her eyes holding a message he couldn't and didn't want to resist. Jack gently drew her close, his lips brushing hers lightly at first then more deeply. Her lips parted to the gentle brush of his tongue and she drew it inside to entwine with her own.



I want you to need me
Like the air you breathe
I want you to feel me
In everything
I want you to see me
In your every dream
‘Cos baby, I taste you, feel you, breathe you need you
I want you to need me, need me
Like I need you



As the song ended and the next began their kiss continued growing increasingly more passionate and it was only when the need to breathe superseded all else that they broke apart.

"God." Sam gasped in a soft breathy whisper.

"My sentiment's exactly." Jack murmured as he brushed his lips over the expanse of her forehead.

"You know I don't usually do this..." Sam began as she looked into his eyes

"You mean, pick up strange men." Jack added with a playful grin.

"Yes." Sam smiled "I don't know what it is, I just feel that I can trust you. Can I trust you?" she added softly.

"Yes." Jack replied in an equally soft tone.

"Okay, then..." she paused and looked deep into his eyes. Sam took a deep breath and continued. "I'd like to spend the night with you, Jack."

Jack hid his surprise and flashed her a smile. "I'd like that, too. Sam."

She couldn't stop the involuntary shiver that skipped up her spine at the sound of her name spoken soft and gentle like a caress. "I just have to let my friend know that I am leaving and don't need a ride home with her. I'll be five minutes."

"All right. I have to stop by the store next door. I'll meet you outside." Jack told her and Sam smiled and nodded.

"Okay." she added and pulled from his embrace. Jack watched her as she crossed the bar to the table where her friends sat then moved to collect his coat.

"Becca," Sam said as she stopped at the table and picked up her coat and purse from the seat. "I'm leaving now."

"With that guy?" her friend questioned, nodding her head in the direction Jack had disappeared.

"Yes, with him."

"It's not like you to leave with a stranger."

"Oh he's not a stranger, we've met before." Sam replied with a smile.

"If you start singing. ‘Once Upon a Dream' I'm gonna smack you silly."

"No, it's nothing like that. I met him this morning at the Pentagon. Don't worry I'll be fine. I'll call you tomorrow."

"Have you heard of a thing called AIDS?" Becca said with concern

"Have you heard of an invention called condoms." Sam countered as she pulled on her coat.

"Okay how about the fact that this guy could be some kind of nut case.."

"I don't think so, there's just something about him. I know that I can trust him." Sam added then turned and headed for the door.



***



Jack moved down the aisles to the health and beauty aids section, feeling as nervous as a teenager about to get laid for the first time. He shook his head and quickly selected a box of condoms before heading to the front counter.

When he stepped back outside and moved to the Bar, Sam stood waiting in the doorway. She flashed him a smile and held out her hand. He accepted it and pulled her to his side.

"Shall I call a cab?"

"Where are you staying?"

"At the Hyatt, just up the street."

"Let's walk then. It's such a beautiful night." Sam said and Jack nodded. He slipped an arm around her waist, pulling her tight to his side and they began to walk..

Just as they neared the hotel, they passed a woman selling flowers.

"Just a moment." Jack said quietly and stepped away, moving over to the woman. He selected two long stemmed red roses, paid for them and returned to Sam's side.

"For you." he said as he held them out.

"What's this for?" Sam asked with a pleased smile as she accepted the roses and drew them to her nose, inhaling deeply.

"Just for being here. You don't know how much this means to me." Jack replied softly as he once more slipped his arm around her waist and moved to the hotel entrance.

"Maybe I do." Sam stated in a barely audible whisper.

They moved through the front lobby and over to the elevator. They stepped into the elevator and Jack greeted the operator with a nod. "Twelve, please." he stated and the young man nodded.

As the elevator began its ascent, Jack moved to the back of the elevator and stood quietly beside Sam, slipping his arm around her waist. She moved closer to his side and when her hand moved from his waist to slide over the taut muscles of his rear, Jack turned his head to meet her gaze. The blue depths of her eyes were full of mischief and shone with the fire of desire. They held each other's gaze, eyes communicating, sharing a silent message.

The elevator operator's voice cut into their private world. "Twelve, Sir."

Jack pulled his eyes away from the intensity of Sam's gaze and gave the operator a nod. "Thank you." he said as he gently guided Sam from the elevator. The operator watched them leave and move down the hall. He released a low whistle as the doors closed.



***



Jack slipped his card into the lock and opened the door. He let Sam step through ahead of him then followed her and closed the door. As the door closed, the lock clicking into place, Sam turned to him and was in his arms before time had ticked off another second. Their mouths crushed together in a feral kiss, tongues dueling hungrily, battling for dominance.

Without releasing their passionate embrace, they crossed the room to stand beside the bed. As hands and mouths caressed, clothes were removed piece by piece. Jack's lips trailed over every inch of bare flesh exposed. Pulling back, he looked into her passion dark eyes and held her gaze as his hands tangled in her hair and pulled the pins from it ,one by one, dropping them to the carpet. Her hair tumbled over his fingers, a cascading waterfall of silk, and he tightened his hold as he pulled her down onto the bed with him. He kissed her again, deeply thoroughly, as he rolled until she was stretched full length over him.

The quiet of the room was filled with soft gasps and cries of passion as arousal reached a fever peak. Sam went over first and Jack followed, crashing over the pinnacle to join her on the other side. He rolled and pulled Sam close to his side. She settled her head on his chest and her fingers traced lazy patterns over his chest.

"How long have you been divorced?" she asked him quietly.

"How did you know?" Jack asked in a surprised tone of voice.

"You have a tan line on your finger where your ring used to be." Sam explained quietly. "You don't seem like the kind of guy who would cheat on his wife so I just assumed you were divorced."

"I will be." Jack stated softly. "My wife filed just before I left to come here."

"What happened?" Sam asked in a soft whisper.

"Our son was killed, and Sara blamed me. Our marriage ended the day Charlie died."

"God, I'm so sorry." Sam whispered as she lifted her head to look down into his eyes. They were haunted and full of pain. "But why would she blame you?"

"Because it was my fault. I was cleaning my weapon and left it on the kitchen counter while I went outside. Charlie had come home early from school and Sara and I were looking at his school pictures. I completely forgot that I had left a loaded weapon where my son could get it. We were standing out in the front yard when we heard the gun go off. I'll never forget that sound or the sound Charlie made as he died in my arms." Jack told her, his voice tight with his sorrow. "God, he was such a little soul, and it's all my fault." he finished with a sob. "Because of me, my little boy is dead. " he finished, tears falling freely.

"Sh." Sam stated as she rolled and pressed herself close. "You can't blame yourself. It was an accident." she soothed as she stretched herself over his body and kissed him softly. She deepened the kiss, offering the comfort of her body and he accepted, losing himself once more in her and the solace she offered.



***



The clock on the night table read 6 am when Jack awoke. He smiled softly when he felt Sam curled up warmly at his side. She was still sleeping soundly and he wanted nothing more than to wake her with a kiss and make love to her once again but he had an early flight. Pressing a kiss to her temple he slipped from the bed and pulled in the covers tight around her before moving quietly to the bathroom.



***



The sound of the running water concealed her approach as Sam stepped into the steam filled bathroom. She smiled wickedly when she saw his form silhouetted against the frosted glass and moved to the tub. She slid back the shower door and stepped inside closing it behind her. He was standing right under the warm spray of water and hadn't noticed her arrival. Sam grinned and stepped up close behind him. She wrapped her arms around him and pressed her lips to the warm wet skin of his back.

"Morning."

"Good morning." Jack chuckled as he turned in her embrace and pulled her tight against him. Sam smiled and her hands caressed down the wet slickness of his back as she pressed her lips to his ear.

"What time does your flight leave?"

"Eight thirty." Jack replied.

"Mmm, good." Sam purred in his ear. "Plenty of time."

"Plenty of time for what?" Jack questioned playfully.

Sam pulled her head back so that she could look into his eyes and her hands moved down to cup the tight muscles of his butt. "What do you think?" Sam countered as she pressed herself close. "I want you." Sam purred with a soft sensuous smile as she traced the outline of his lips with her finger.

"You have me." Jack responded softly and pressed a kiss to her fingertip. "Just let me grab a condom."

"Mmm but I want you inside me, right now." Sam stated and pressed herself close, trapping the heat of his erection between them. She bent her head and her tongue darted out to brush across his lips.

"Are you sure?" Jack questioned as he responded by caressing her lips with short biting kisses.

"Very sure." Sam replied and stopped his teasing, slipping her tongue into his mouth.

Jack needed no further encouragement, tongue meeting hers stroke for stroke as his hands slid down her back to her hips lifting her until she wrapped her legs around his waist.

Steam swirled around them, floating and rising, warm water falling over and around them as they moved together in love's ancient dance.

They came back down to earth slowly, sharing slow languid kisses as their breathing returned to normal. Jack pulled away and set her gently on her feet before reaching for the bottle of shower gel. They leisurely washed each other, enjoying the gentle ministrations taking their time.. Sam sighed as Jack massaged the shampoo through her long hair then the conditioner and after rinsing he turned off the water. He pushed back the shower door and stepped out before extending his hand to Sam. She took it and he helped her from the tub then took some towels from the towel rack behind him.

He passed two towels to Sam and she took them with a smile and a thank you.

Jack finished dressing and moved to re-pack his suitcase as he waited for Sam to finish in the bathroom. He looked up several minutes later when she stepped out, hair pinned up in the same style she had worn the night before. She smiled at him and he started to move towards her when the phone rang. Jack sighed and crossed to pick it up. "Yes?"

"Your car is here, Sir." the voice on the other end said.

"Thank you. I'll be right down." Jack replied and hung up. He turned and found Sam waiting by the door.

"Is there someplace I can drop you?" he asked quietly as picked his suitcase from the bed and crossed to her side.

"I live out in Arlington so back at the Pentagon will be fine. I keep an extra uniform in my locker." she told him.

"All right." Jack replied and slipped his arm around her waist, leading her from the hotel room.

They stepped out of the hotel and into the early morning sunshine. Jack led Sam over to the car and held the door open for her then slid in beside her.

"Good morning, Colonel, Ma'am." the young Lieutenant smiled politely.

"Morning. We need to drop the lady off at the Pentagon first." Jack told him and the driver nodded.

"Yes, Sir." he replied and pulled away.



***



When they arrived several minutes later, Jack climbed out then reached in to give Sam a hand out, walking with her to the front entrance. He took one of her hands in his and squeezed it affectionately.

"Thank you, Sam." he began softly. "You didn't have to spend time with an old geezer like me, but I'm glad you did."

Sam smiled. "I did it because I wanted to and the only thing old about you is the year you were born."

Jack returned her smile. "I hope I see you again, Sam."

"Me too. Whenever you come back you know where to find me. I'll be waiting right here." she stated softly.

"Goodbye, Sam" Jack said softly.

"No not goodbye. ‘Til we meet again." She replied in a low whisper.

" ‘Til we meet again." Jack countered and pulled her close for a passionate kiss.

Sam watched as Jack returned to the car and waved as he pulled away. When the car had disappeared into traffic, she sighed and stepped inside.



***



When Jack returned home he sold his house and found a new one on the other side of the city. It was a little smaller than the house he had shared with Sara and Charlie but it would suit him just fine. The thing that had sold him on the house was the large deck off the upstairs master bedroom that would be perfect for stargazing. As he settled into his new home and retirement, Jack found his thoughts returning to Sam wondering how she was doing. He had picked up the phone several times to call her when he realized he didn't even know her last name. He supposed he could have called and asked for her at the Pentagon but that didn't seem the right way either.

The year passed quickly for him and there wasn't a moment when Sam hadn't been out of his thoughts. It was a beautiful starry night almost a year to the day since he had returned from the Abydos mission when Jack sat on the deck in front of his telescope watching the stars and he heard a car pull up. Several minutes later he heard a voice from the bottom of the stairs leading to his back yard.

"Colonel O'Neill. Could we speak to you, Sir?"

"Come on up." he replied and turned to see the two Air Force Officers emerge onto the deck.



***



Jack sighed as he finished pulling on his BDU's. ~Never thought I'd be wearing these again~ he thought to himself as he stepped out of his quarters, heading towards the conference room and the briefing General Hammond had scheduled. He greeted Kawalsky and Ferreti and took a seat next to them as Hammond began.

"She's transferring in from the Pentagon."

Jack looked up in shock at the very familiar voice. He hid his shock as his eyes took in every detail and he took up the playful banter as Sam crossed the room to take the seat across from him.

When Hammond closed the meeting, Jack stood up and faced Sam. "May I speak with you for a moment, Captain?"

"Of course, Sir." Sam replied and followed him as he led her out of the room and down the hall.

They stepped into his quarters and Jack flipped on the light. He turned to face her just as she closed the door. "I never expected to see you." he stated softly.

"Me either. You were the last person I expected to see when I got here."

Jack nodded and closed the distance between them. He reached out a hand and gently stroked her hair. "You cut your hair."

"Yes, well it seemed more practical." Sam offered

"Sam." Jack began as he cupped her cheek. "What happened between us meant more to me than just a one night stand. I hope you know that. "

"For me too." Sam replied softly and leaned into his caress.

"I haven't been able to get you out of my thoughts since then and I can't say that what I feel for you is love, yet, but I'd like the chance to find out. If you do?" he added and looked into her eyes.

"Yes." Sam nodded "I want nothing more but now that I'm on your team, being together is against regulations."

"I know, but I was always one to break the rules when I felt it conflicted with something that was important to me and this is one of those times. Why don't we take this one step at a time and see what happens, okay?" Jack said softly.

"Okay." Sam nodded and gave him a smile. "Now why don't we say hello properly." she added as she pressed herself close.

"Good idea." Jack grinned and slid his hand around to cup the back of her head. Bending his elbow, he gently drew her lips to his. His lips caressed hers, testing and teasing.

After a long moment they broke apart and Sam rested her forehead against his for a moment before pulling back and meeting his gaze. "Jack, there's something I have to tell you.

"What?" he asked curiously and brushed his lips over her forehead.

"Perhaps its better if I showed you but before I do I want you to know that I've lost count as to the many times this year that I've tried to contact you. I realized each time that I didn't even know your last name. When I was offered this posting I jumped at the chance not only because it's what I've wanted for a long time but because I'd be in the same city as you and I had hoped that one day I would find you. Seems fate had a hand in this." She smiled softly.

"I feel the same way." Jack replied "Now what was it you wanted to show me?"

"Follow me." Sam said and took his hand, leading him from the room.



***



Jack's curiosity was piqued by the time Sam had led him through the halls to the infirmary. They stepped inside and stopped in the doorway seeing Doctor Frasier standing with her back to the door. Sam pulled away from him and crossed the room.

"How was she?" Sam questioned and when the Doctor turned to face the door Jack gasped.

Doctor Frasier held a small infant who wasn't any more than a few months old and everything clicked into place.

"Oh she's just fine." Janet cooed and held the baby out.

"Thanks for looking after her for me, Doctor."

"It was my pleasure, she was a perfect angel and it's Janet." Fraiser smiled.

Sam nodded and turned back to Jack. She crossed to stand in front of him and met his wonder filled gaze. "This is Krissy." Sam told him quietly. "Kristin Emily Carter. She was born three months ago, on the 15th at 4:30 am."

"Can I hold her?" Jack asked softly.

"Of course." Sam replied and held the baby out to him.

"Hiya Krissy." he said softly as he looked down at her. "I'm your dad." he added as he took her tiny fist in his and stroked it tenderly with his thumb. When he looked up from his daughter's face and looked at Sam she could see tears in his eyes. "Thank you." he told her softly.

"You're welcome. I'm just so glad that you were finally able to see her. I know that she could never and should never replace Charlie in your heart but I think that she's proof that for each soul lost there is another sent to replace it. Life does go on Jack."

"I know," he replied softly. "I think I learned that the night we spent together."

"This may be too soon considering we don't know each other all that well, but I'd like for us to be a family, Jack."

"I'd like nothing more and I suppose the best way to remedy that is for you to have dinner with me when we get back." He smiled.

"It's a date." Sam returned his smile.

"Good and I think in light of the circumstances we need to talk to General Hammond."

"I know." Sam nodded. "And I suppose sooner is better than later."

Jack nodded and slipped his free arm around her waist, leading her from the infirmary.

They arrived at the General's office minutes later and Jack took a deep breath before knocking.

"Come in." Hammond called out. Before opening the door, Jack gave Krissy back to Sam.

"Colonel O'Neill. What can I do for you?" Hammond asked when the door was opened.

"We need to speak with you for a moment, Sir?"

"We?"

"Yes, Sir. Captain Carter and I."

"Very well Colonel, come in."

Jack nodded and held open the door for Sam and Hammond's eyes widened when he saw the baby in Sam's arms.

"Colonel O'Neill I hope you have an explanation?"

"Yes sir." Jack began and when Sam was seated he took the chair next to hers.

"We thought you should know that Captain Carter and I met last year in Washington and had a relationship. Kristin is my daughter. In light of the regulations we thought you should be informed."

"I see." Hammond nodded. "I take it you wish to continue this relationship?"

"Yes, Sir we do." Sam replied quietly. "I know that the regulations...."

"Well when the President assigned me as head of the Stargate Project he also gave me Carte Blanche on how to handle my team and that includes all the regulations. So I am willing to set aside the regulation for now and let you both continue to be on the same team as long as you prove to me that you can both work together without your personal feelings getting in the way. If I see that happening, I will split you up." he finished firmly.

"Yes, sir." Jack smiled.

"Thank you, Sir." Sam added.

"You're welcome." Hammond smiled. "Now I assume that you wish to be assigned to married quarters?"

Sam and Jack shared a look and then turned back to the General. "Yes sir we do."

"Very well, I shall have it taken care of by the time you return from Abydos."

"Thank you."

"One more thing, you'll have to make arrangements for someone to take care of the child while you're away."

"I've already done that, Sir. Doctor Frasier has offered to assign one of her nurses to watch Krissy while we're away."

"Well then I guess it's all settled." Hammond stated as he rose and came around the desk. He looked down at the sleeping baby and smiled softly before looking up at Sam.

"Welcome to the SGC, Captain."

"Thank you, Sir." Sam smiled

"Thank you." Jack added as he slipped his arm around Sam's waist and led her from the room.

"Have you found a place yet?" Jack asked as they moved back to the Infirmary.

"Actually, no. All my stuff except for a few suitcases and Krissy's cradle is in storage at the moving company until I can find a house."

"Well, why don't you both move in with me?" Jack suggested.

Sam stopped and turned to look at him. "Are you sure?"

"Sam, we're going to be living together on the base, it's only logical that we live together off base as well." he smiled softly then added. "Yes I'm sure. I want you and Krissy to come and live with me. I want us to be together but if this is all moving to fast for you I'd understand."

"No Jack, it's not." Sam stated softly "You said earlier that you weren't sure if what you felt for me was love but I know that what I feel for you *is* love. I knew I loved you the first time I felt Krissy moving inside me. So yes, we'll move in with you." Sam added and accepted his light kiss. They continued to the infirmary to leave Krissy with Janet then headed to the locker room to prepare for their first mission together.



***



The next week passed with a flurry of activity and was a busy one. They had returned from their first mission; seen Daniel and Teal'c settled in; been through that horrible incident with Kawalsky; Sam and Krissy had moved in with Jack and they had even had an impromptu housewarming party when the movers had left.

The house was finally quiet, Daniel, Janet and the others had finally left. Jack moved through the house, turning off the lights then quietly climbed the stairs to the second floor. He moved down the dark hall. He stopped outside the room they had set aside as a nursery and looked inside. He smiled softly and thought that if he died today, this was the image he wanted to take with him. Sam sat in the rocking chair next to Krissy's crib and was humming a soft lullaby as the baby nursed.

"She asleep?" he asked softly as he stepped quietly into the room. Sam looked up from Krissy and gave him a smile.

"Yes, finally." she replied as she took the baby from her breast and stood up.

"Let me." Jack offered and took Krissy from her.

Sam watched while he settled the baby in her crib then gave him a smile as he turned to her and slipped an arm around her waist. They slipped quietly from the baby's room and moved down the hall to the master bedroom.

"So. " Jack stated as he led Sam into the bedroom. "How did you plan on celebrating your first night in your new home?" he asked with a grin as he turned to look at her.

Sam smiled slowly and moved until they were standing mere inches apart. "Hmm, well I might have a few ideas." she purred softly.

"Really? Gonna give me a hint?" Jack added with a playful grin

"Well, maybe just one." Sam finished and took a step back., moving around him.

She pulled back the covers on the bed then turned back to face him. She flashed him a seductive smile as her fingers rose to the buttons on her shirt. She freed them one by one and pushed the shirt off her shoulders, letting it fall to the floor. Her jeans followed and then her bra and panties until she stood before him completely nude.

"Figured it out yet, O'Neill?" she drawled seductively.

"Oh yeah, I think I have." he replied with a grin and began pulling off his clothes as he moved to turn out the light.

The bedroom was plunged into near darkness, lit only by the pale moonlight streaming in from the sliding doors leading to the deck.. Jack moved back to the bed and slipped in beside her. He rolled and reached out for Sam, pulling her tight against him before capturing her lips in a passionate kiss. Tongues and hands caressed, stoking the flames of passion until it glowed white hot.

They rode the wave of passion reaching the end as one, coming together, their voices blending together in a song of pleasure. Sam collapsed bonelessly on top of him and Jack brushed his lips over her sweat damp forehead. His hands cupped her face and lifted her head until her eyes met his. He studied her face in the shadowed darkness of the room as if memorizing every detail.

Just over a year ago, Jack felt like his life was at an end, that there was no more joy to be found and now. Now he had joy, and wonder and happiness beyond measure because of this woman who had breezed into his life with all the passion and fire of a summer storm.

"What?" Sam whispered softly at the look she read on his face.

"I love you, Sam." he whispered, finally voicing what his heart had been telling him for quite some time. "And you've made me more happy in the short time we've been together than I can ever remember being. You've given me back my future."

Sam smiled and kissed him lightly. "I love you too." she murmured against his lips.

When their kiss deepened, Sam sighed as they were once again carried away on the turbulent waves of passion.



~Fin~ :o)