samandjack.net

Story Notes: spoilers :none

authers notes first atemt go easy on me

contact me: splasher89@hotmail.com


Well aint this nice ! God i hated these things ! suits and uncomfortable shoes . New Years Eve party at the SGC were more like a funeral ! The only nice thing i knew i was going to like about tonight was the fact of Sam out of uniform . In a dress to the point . We knew how we felt about each other for years but both of us were to dam stubborn to admit it or the military thing always got in the way . But still that's the only reason im going ! "Sir . looking nice tonight ." I know that's her her voice always did something to the back of my spine that no one else could . "Carter " I turned round , pretty dam stunned to say the least !!!! A lovely black fitted dress that covered every thing but only just (if you get my meaning !) "Sir you ok ?" I think she was starting realise that i had been steering for just that little bit to long ! " IM fine , well you look good ....nice dress ." " Thank you so you going in or we gona stand out here all night ?" She always ended her little jokes with that cute little smile . Ok is this making tonight harder to do or making it better ? seeing her so nice but still unable to touch . We walked in together , the music was a bit to noisy i could have declared my love there and then to her and she wouldn't have heard it ! WE sat on the table with the rest of the gang , Daniel , T'Elc and Janet . I think the next four hours went so slow i looked at Sam and imagined what underwear she was wearing that many times that i went through the whole Bloomindales catalogue ! The music got turned down , which made me finally look up . Everyone bar Sam had gone from the table . Daniel was dancing with Janet , bit suppressed i thought T'Elc was trying his best to "dance " with Summers i shook my head with amusement then turned to Sam , god had she got even more beautiful in the past five mins then with out even realising i were thinking the words i blurted out - " You wana dance ?" She looked at me as she does when she knows im trying my best to show her the way i feel and just stood up and smiled . " Ok sir " "Please don't call me that that's SGC stuff ! Jack !" "Ok then ... Jack " We got on to the dance floor just as the song was finishing . " Right now we are gona slow things down for all you Ślove birds out there Ś" We looked at each other and SAm just put her head on my chest and started to dance with me . My heart was pounding but the feel of her head on my chests was enough to calm me . Shania Twain "your still the one " played in the back ground But we didn't listen her hand was round on my back the other in my hand . i placed my other hand on her hair . i loved that hair and everything about her . It was getting to bad i couldn't control myself the thought of her being this close and still not being able to kiss her ! "Do you want another drink ?" i asked hoping she would say yes so that i could let go and compare my self . She looked up and said , " You know this is the only time we are gona be able to be this close with out breaking any rules , stay its hard on me to you know just dance with me Jack ." I closed my eyes and drew her closer . the song was coming to an end i could feel her griping harder on my back as if she never wanted to let go ! The song finished a min or so later we kept dancing hoping another song would come on before anyone noticed how we were . "That's it army people ! that was the last song thank you ! let me hand you over to your CO General Hammond !" We both looked up at each other our eyes were locked as if we were a couple that hadn't seen each other for years ! the moment was to much we leaned forward to kiss . "Happy new years every one " Hammond's voice made us jump before our lips touched we pulled away from each other and clapped with every one else ! The only funny thing about this all now was the state that Hammond was in (completely drunk !). " Its nearly time ladies and Gentlemen ! 11.55 ! i want you to take the person to your left and dance with them for the last song and that people is the person who will bring you in to the new year !" He had handed us another 10 or so mins close again ! i turned and grabbed Sam before she could object . Again as if we were one person we danced slow and close People started to cheer it was the final ten seconds of a mixed year for me . "TEN !" everyone said in unison ! sam stood still and looked into my eyes , "Happy new year jack." and for the only time we are allowed by law to kiss each other we melted in to one another a kiss so deep but so soft to touch it shocked us both how much we didn't know the other was in love . i pulled away just for a second to whisper "i love you " in her ear . The fact one of us had finally admitted it shocked her i think . She cupped my face and drew me closer . The song again finished we knew we could no longer grab any time and just let go gently .i couldn't let her go ! what was i doing ! i kept hold of her hand and took her to one side . "i hate this " she wiped away my hand covering my face " So do i but we cant change the way that the government look at it !" "i cant take it any more ! im going home before i do something i don't regret ! " I lent forward and kissed her on the head . I walked away like i should have , but god how i wished i could have run back up to her and kissed her again ! I drove all the way home thinking what could have happened 2nite . What an idiot i could have done so much more than just tell her i loved her . I know now she feels the same and it wasn't just my ego wishful thinking ! I stopped the car and turned round , this was it it was either now or never ! I went to Sam's i could go back to the dance (that would be to obvious . An hour went and no one came . Then a taxi pulled up out side she got out took one look at me and ran up the stairs to her door to me . We entered such an embrace that i didn't care if Hammond saw us now i loved her . Like the scene from working girl where Harrison Ford picks Mel Griffins up and kisses her all the way to bed is how i can describe the next ten mins . We got to the bedroom and in no time at all we were completely naked ! i took a mo to stand back you know just to admire the view . We made love like real love should feel . The part after the formalities was the part which i wish i could have bottled up and carried round with me just the silence in the mist of the early morning and her head on my chest asleep listening to my heart . Remembering last night the best thing i could have done was to walk away and stay at home . But the look on Sam's face when i told her i "Hate this " made me realise that we could no longer make do with other realities and brief chances . It needed to be real love like this like now . As i went to sleep i felt sam move softly and whisper " i love you " The following 5 hours sleep were the best id had since i realised my feelings for her. Well son you know the rest your mum left SG1 and went to help Janet with her medical background . You were born approx. 9 months after the new years ball and that i think explains how we finally got together . Sleep well you know id never admit how hard it was for me to show how i loved your mum unless you were asleep may be ill explain it to ya when your older ! or not ! . "I know how hard it was for you " " Sam how long you been there ?" "Me ? i've been here all your life !" And with that Jack put his son to bed and fell to sleep next to Sam as he liked no ergs to tie them down and just love to guide them .