samandjack.net



Title: Even In Death

Author: Neferlue

Rating: PG

Spoilers: None

Season: none

Genre: Angst, Songfic

Warnings: Character Death.

Disclaimer: I own neither anything to do with Stargate, or the song “Even In Death” by Evanescence. I do own my Star Trek and TMNT figurines, however….

Summary: S/J, Established Relationship. What happens when someone dies on a mission?

Author’s Note: I decided to try my hand at some angst. I love happy endings, but I decided to try something different. Having a number of stories I want to send to a publisher, as well as some in writing, I decided the change in genre would help my writing skills to expand. The italics are the song lyrics. I recommend downloading the song (Yes, it’s legal, as they no longer release those songs on CD and encourage their fans to download their older stuff, due to its unavailability, and some scams.)
I should also note I constantly listened to the song as I wrote this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Give me a reason to believe that you're gone
I see your shadow, so I know they're all wrong
Moonlight on the soft, brown earth
It leads me to where you lay


Carter lay, staring at the stars above her, numb. This couldn’t be happening, no way in hell. Quietly, she rose from her sleeping bag, and moved to the other side of the fire, the moonlight giving her light to see. Quietly, she peeled back the makeshift sheet to look up on his face, his beloved face, thankful she couldn’t see the staff wound gaping in his chest.

They took you away from me
But now I'm taking you home


Tomorrow, reinforcements would come. And tomorrow, she would take his body back, back home. Home to an empty house, an empty base. Everything would be so empty without him, his wit, his presence. Him.

I will stay forever here with you, my love
The softly spoken words you gave me
Even in death our love goes on


She remembered his last words, as she held him in her arms, gasping. “I love you, Sam.” Through her tears, she answered, “I love you too, Jack.” One last look into her eyes, and he was gone, the light extinguished, never to be rekindled.

Some say I'm crazy for my love, oh, my love
But no bonds can hold me from your side, oh, my love


They’d thought she was crazy, falling for her CO. For being in a relationship with him. But there was this unbreakable bond between the two of them, something that defied words. Even when they were apart, it was like she could feel how he felt, what he was thinking. And living together for two years, married for a year and a half… She regretted none of it. She wasn’t crazy. It was right.

They don't know you can't leave me
They don't hear you singing to me


He couldn’t leave her. He was too much a part of her. Irrationally, she remembered him singing to her, a song of love, of never leaving, and the tears flowed down her cheeks.

I will stay forever here with you, my love
The softly spoken words you gave me
Even in death our love goes on
And I can't love you any more than I do


Touching his face, she thought how much she loved him. How long she had loved him, in secret. She had never loved anyone as she loved this man. And now he was gone. She knew she could never love anyone this much, ever. And she couldn’t comprehend that he was gone, here he was, looking asleep, as he did in their bed. She wanted to scream. It wasn’t fair!

I will stay forever here with you, my love
The softly spoken words you gave me
Even in death our love goes on
And I can’t love you any more than I do


In her grief, she knew she could never leave this place, this time. Forever would it be etched into her memory, her dreams, her thoughts. She could never leave him. And moving on from this time would be leaving him. She kissed his forehead, softly, lovingly, her tears falling onto his face, lit by the moonlight.

She would stay here forever. Because she could never leave this moment.


People die, but real love is forever...



Please visit my sci-fi, fantasy and anime forum: http://the-phoenix-lair.lefora.com/