samandjack.net

Story Notes:

Prompt: For LJ User Jenn_S, and she knows why.  :D


 


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Notes:

Nuttin' but fluffage!  Er...not THAT kind!  DIRTY MINDS!!!  *grin*

Established Relationship.



Sam stooped to pick up yet another stray, dirty sock and growled. She’d lived with her brother and father, and she knew how men could be. But this? This was different. Dropping the handful of filthy laundry onto his lap she merely raised an eyebrow when he fixed her with a look of shock.

“For cryin’ out loud, Carter,” he huffed, pulling a white sock from his plate of pizza. “What was that for?”

“Jack, do I do your laundry?”

“Well, yes, but…”

“And do I hang your T-shirts the way you like them, fold your boxers, and bleach your socks until they blind a person?”

“This one’s going to have a sauce stain,” he started, holding it aloft. Her hands went to her hips. “Yes. I meant yes, Carter, you do.”

“Then is it really that much to ask that you put all your laundry in one place so I can keep this place neat?”

“Sorry, Carter.” He tugged her down next to him and she sighed, finding it difficult to stay angry at him. She snuggled into his side. “I’m gonna take a wild guess that you haven’t been in the bathroom yet?”

“The bathroom? No…why?”

“The trail of socks?”

“Yes…”

“You followed it the wrong way, Carter.”

She pulled back from him, eyeing him warily and seeing his bemused smirk. She got to her feet, marched back the way she’d come and stopped dead when she got to the bathroom. There, sitting on the counter, was a flat, blue gift box.

“Open it,” he told her, leaning on the doorjamb.

She gave him a confused look, flipping open the lid of the box and smiling when she saw the contents. Inside was a chain with a tiny charm. In fact, it looked remarkably like…

“Yes, Carter, it’s the cabin.”

“Jack! It’s beautiful!” she told him, wiping her eyes and removing the necklace. “Holy Hannah! Is this platinum!?”

“Yeah. The lady said it was too soon for platinum, but…”

“Oh Jack,” she sighed, clutching the jewelry to her chest and hugging him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head.

“S-so, the whole sock t-thing…”

“Just a ploy to get you into the bathroom.”

“I love you, Jack O’Neill.”

“Ditto,” he agreed, getting a smack on the arm and chuckling. “I love you, Carter. Happy first anniversary.”

“Happy first anniversary, Jack.”

He helped her put on the chain and they returned to the living room sofa. He handed her a plate of sock-less pizza and she grinned, leaning in to give him a soft kiss. Jack, pizza, beer and The Simpsons; she couldn’t picture a better way to spend their anniversary.

Well, except that tiny blue number she’d hidden away for later, she thought to herself, trying not to giggle aloud. She couldn’t wait to see his expression.

And he’d thought the new Sanctuary – Season 1 box set she’d bought him had been cool…


~End~