samandjack.net



"So, you'll never guess where I am right now." Sam couldn't help but smile as she heard Jack's voice over the phone.

"At the cabin?" she guessed, knowing very well that he was at the cabin right now.

"Ah, but where in the cabin?"

"Is this headed to dirty town?" she asked, her voice only slightly above a whisper.

"Only if you want it to baby," he said, trying to sound smooth and suave. He frowned when he heard Carter make a very unlady like snort on the other end. "Carter!"

"Jack?"

"Fine, if that's the way you're going to be, I'll just come right out and tell you. I'm lounging in bed right now with a GORGEOUS brunette who has the greenest eyes I've ever seen."

"She give good tongue?" she asked, arching an eye brow.

"Ah, she's a little too enthusiastic at times," he said as he glanced down at said brunette. She sighed heavily in her sleep as Jack continued to run his fingers through her hair.

"Well, on that note," Sam said with a smile she was sure Jack could hear over the phone. "I spend my day with a very handsome blond who went out to dinner and a movie with me before crawling into bed for some serious cuddling."

"You hussy," Jack said with a smile of his own, pretending to be outraged. Sam hissed at Jack to be quiet but it was too late, the blond tucked into her side stretched and yawned as he cracked an eye open.

"Momma?" he asked, rubbing at an eye as the other glanced up at the phone.

"Good job Jack," she told him as she looked down at Liam.

"All part of the master plan. Put him on." with a shake of her head and a sigh, Sam helped the sleepy 5 year old sit up before she handed him the phone. "Hey buddy!" she heard Jack's voice come through the phone. The pair talked for a short while before Liam reluctantly said good bye with a huge yawn before snuggling back down under the covers and pulling his blankey close.

"Don't let the Maggie sleep under the covers," Sam warned as soon as she took the phone back. "I don't want to spend the next two weeks picking dog hair out of my mouth."

"Don't let Liam drool on my pillow," Jack countered. "I don't want to deal with that hard spot when I get home."

"Sorry, too late," Sam said, glancing over at the little boy who was already dead to the world. "So, our flight gets in around 4 tomorrow."

"You could have been fishing already if you had come with me," Jack pointed out. He had wanted Liam and Sam to fly to Washington so they could all drive to the cabin together. He was bound and determined to subject his son to a road trip at least once before he was 10.

"It was his last day of school," she countered. "He was not going to miss that party even if you, Teal'c, Daniel and Cam had offered to take him through the gate." Jack chuckled before agreeing. As soon as cake had been mentioned, Jack knew the boy wouldn't miss the party, he was too much of his father's son.

"So, tomorrow at 4, huh?"

"Keep the dog on top of the covers, please?"

"No promises," he said with a smile.

"Have a good night General," she said, her voice loosing some of the levity it had just contained.

"Good night Colonel," Jack added, his smile only growing as they both hung up. "Remind me to change the sheets tomorrow," he whispered to the dog before settling down himself for the night.