samandjack.net

Author's Notes:

Sam and Jack are in deep trouble and more trouble is brewing for the both of them



Disclaimer: Stargate SG1, characters, settings etc. are property of their owners. No copyright infringement is intended. Original characters and plots are property of the author. No profit is being made from the fiction.


A Little Indiscretion
by Adelie King

 

Chapter Two: Deep in It

Jack got back in the briefing room with an unmistakable expression on his face. Daniel Jackson saw it quickly and went up to him, "Jack what happened?" He asked in his calm demeanor.

"Oh nothing..." Jack rubbed his hair frustrated and growled in a loud whisper, "Carter just led her father to believe we're sleeping together that's what happened." He was clearly panicked, "Which we both know didn't happen."

Daniel asked, "And what made him believe that?" He crossed his arms and remarked, "Is there something you two haven't told me?"

"For one thing she grabbed the back of my head and pulled my mouth to hers laying a big wet one on me." Jack complained still keeping his voice down, "In front of her dad."

"Well I can see why he'd think that then." Jackson commented in agreement and understanding. Then he inquired, "And what started this in the first place?" Jack turned away rubbing his neck nervously. Daniel asked, "What'd you do?"

"We kissed it just happened." Jack finally confessed in frustration and then explained, "We got to close to each other whispering about the negotiations and before we knew it our mouths were joined." He scratched his head his heart still racing. Jack looked down and slowly finished, "Then Jacob Carter walked by and saw us."

"Oh that was really bright Jack." Daniel told him bluntly.

Jack barked, "Will you get off it." Then he told him, "I'm in enough trouble already. Carter's dad is already going to see Hammond and have her transferred because of it."

"What!" Daniel was shocked, "He can't do that." He observed, "It was one little indiscretion. It could happen to anyone."

"I know that Daniel." Jack's voice lowered irritated, "But Carter's father now thinks she's in love with me and that she's planning to sleep with me." He paused and predicted; "Now she's going to be off the team if Jacob has his way."

Daniel logically asked, "Maybe if we explained to General Hammond what exactly happened. He might back off."

"I highly doubt that." Jack assumed, "Why would he listen to me over General Carter?"

"Because Hammond knows you better than him." Daniel affirmed, "He knows you wouldn't do anything to hurt or ruin Sam's career."

"We still kissed Daniel; I doubt he's going to react well to that." He stated the facts.

"Well its better than being castrated by Sam's father." Daniel pointed out. Jack knew he had a point. Then he recommended, "Go see Hammond soon as you get back." Jack finally nodded in agreement even though the chance of a serious reprimand was there for him and Sam. "And Sam should go see him too." Daniel stressed. Now Jack was really stressed.

The next moment Sam came in clearly stressed and upset from her argument from her father. She looked at Jack in a different way than before one that Daniel quickly summed up. He then curiously inquired, "Are you sure Sam is not in love with you?"

"No Daniel, she just said that to irk her father." Jack swore up and down unable to look in her direction.

"Well she sure looks like she is to me." Daniel argued with clear observation, "This may be more of a problem than we assumed."

"You may be right." Jack couldn't help agreeing when he finally looked up at her. Then he looked her up and down.

"You'd better talk to her first before Jacob or you talks to Hammond." Daniel highly stressed feeling a bit nervous for them himself. He then asked, "Do you feel the same way?"

"I...uh." He couldn't exactly answer his question, "I don't know yet." Jack looked at Sam and saw her head down another hall. "Oh crap." He casually went after her.

Soon as he caught up he stressed, "Carter, we really need to talk." His tone was deadly serious, "We now have a really serious problem here." Jack reminded her, "Your father thinks we're having an affair."

"Don't remind me okay." Sam agreed flustered, "I'm stressed out already." Her hands on her hips combatively.

"So what are we going to do about it Carter?" Jack made a serious inquiry tucking his hands in his slack pockets, "Hammond is going to want an explanation after your father gets to him."

"I don't know yet." She admitted, "I'm trying to think of something Jack." She was now using his first name all of a sudden.

"How about we go to General Hammond and convince him nothing is going on." Jack suggested logically, "Since nothing is going on..." He said the last part as if he was unsure. Sam gave an expression that worried him making him ask. "There isn't is there?"

Now Sam was speechless and lied, "No there isn't..." It was clear she lied because she couldn't look him in the face.

"Carter?" Jack addressed her as from a parent to a child, "I know you too well. You're lying to me." Then he asked firmly, "Is what your father pried out of you true?"

"What?" She looked at him acting innocent but he still knew better.

"That you're falling in love with me?" He asked his voice turning gentle waiting for an answer. Sam was really flustered now which answered his question for him. "So it is true..." Jack rubbed his hand down his face with frustration, "Oh Carter." He turned around rubbing the back of his neck.

She felt herself about to cry now but was holding back, "I'm sorry Sir." Sam sobbed controllably, "It just happened and..." She interrupted herself and promised, "We'll discuss it later. We have negotiations to finish." Sam left him standing there to go get her composure back so they could finish what the planet had started.

Jack paced a moment to think and recompose himself so he and Sam could go on unnoticed until they could get back home. Then they could deal with the situation and General Hammond.

When Daniel saw Sam come out it was clear to him she was struggling with her feelings so he went up to her. "Sam, are you alright?" He inquired in his gentle way, "Do you need to talk?"

"Not right now." Sam answered professionally, "We have to deal with the negotiations first." She then explained, "I can't think about my feelings for Jack right now." She walked to the table and Daniel clearly understood why and postponed his questions for later.

Jack came in and took his seat next to Sam so he didn't have to look at her and her him which made it easier on both. As the meetings went Martouf was making his usual eyes at Sam which normally didn't bother Jack but for some reason that started to change.

As they spoke to each other during the meetings his eyes lit up in her direction. Jack clearly knew Sam was in love with him but that didn't stop the jealousy and irritation building within him. She could feel the man tensing up next to her and it was making her uneasy.


At the end of that session and the negotiators broke for dinner, Jack rose from the table hands in his pockets glaring in Martouf's direction. Daniel seeing trouble walked up to Jack and requested, "Jack, can I talk to you?" Jack just ignored him watching Martouf walking up to Sam. Daniel stressed, "It's really important Jack."

"Alright." Jack reacted with irritation and went with Daniel but he kept watching them over his shoulder. When they were in a separate cave room out of sight Jack snapped, "All right what do you want?" He kept looking in the direction of the meeting room.

"To get you away from Sam." Daniel answered bluntly, "It's obvious to everyone you're about to do something stupid Jack."

"Like what Daniel?" Jack smarted off at him glaring with a jealous rage, "What am I going to do that is so stupid?" He was huffing heavily wanting to get back badly.

"You look like you're about to murder someone..." Daniel observed, "Martouf is what it looks like." He paused and assumed, "I thought you said you felt nothing for Sam."

"I don't!" Jack lied angrily, "I just don't like that pretty boy near her all the time every time while we're here." He rubbed the back of his neck frustrated and pacing.

"Forgive me Jack but it looks like you do." Daniel calmly concluded, "You wouldn't be this angry and jealous if you didn't." He paused and told him, "Maybe Jacob Carter was right...Maybe it would be better if Sam was transferred." He predicted, "I see real trouble coming now."

"You're wrong now back off Daniel." He warned and brisk walked down the hall to the briefing room again. Jack stopped in his tracks when he saw Martouf standing closer to Sam then he felt comfortable with. He was flirting with Sam and she was smiling at him. Jack's rage grew and nothing was going to stop his actions now. He walked up to Martouf calmly with a dangerous look in his eyes.

"Colonel O'Neill, is there anything wrong?" Martouf asked in his gentlemanly fashion, "Is there something I can do for you?"

"Yeah, you stay away from Carter pretty boy." Jack told him in his low deadly tone, "Or I won't be responsible for my actions."

"Well isn't that up to Samantha, Colonel..." Martouf politely inquired and explained, "If she does not wish my presence any longer I will leave her alone."

Her eyes were now twice their size and internally she felt a sudden surge of panic hitting as the confrontation continued. Sam was shocked by her CO's newfound possessive behavior over her. She needed to interfere but didn't know how to. "Uh Sir...You don't have to..."

"Back off Carter." Jack ordered abruptly, "This is between me and Marty." Then he explained to Martouf with a hint of warning, "As her CO I'm responsible for the wellbeing of those under my command and I don't like the inappropriate behavior you are displaying towards Major Carter." His arms were crossed and he told him, "I have disliked your behavior toward her from the beginning. I have just said nothing and stayed back."

Jack was jealous and it was obvious to her now. Normally Sam would've been flattered by it but he was taking it too far. "Sir, can I?"

"No I'm not done yet Carter." He interrupted her.

Martouf smiled at him and observed calmly, "Oh...I see what's going on here...I had no idea that you..." He assumed and to avoid an unnecessary confrontation he agreed, "Very well Colonel O'Neill...I can see that she has been spoken for and I will not approach her anymore." Martouf politely left which completely took Jack off guard.

Sam's jaw was on the floor when Martouf left the room. Then she looked at Jack and said, "Nice going Sir...now my dad will really think we're having an affair now." Sam then stormed off leaving a stumped Jack O'Neill behind.

"Oh...crap." Jack mumbled rolling and closing his eyes in humiliation, "Good job Jack." He rubbed his hair frustrated turning around. The shit was about to hit now