samandjack.net

Author's Notes: I have decided to write more to this story. I don't know how far I'll go. But for now, be expecting more! :)


Well, she did surprise me! I guess I didn't understand. We kissed again after I said,

"I guess not."

She pulled away and looked in my eyes,

"You didn't let me explain in the infirmary."

"I'm sorry."

"I do feel the same way."

"You do?"

"Yes, I just didn't say anything because we were on base."

"So, what do you want to do now?"

"I don't wanna lose you."

"I don't either, Sam."

There was silence. She looked like she was creating a diagram in her head of all of our options.

"Sam," I broke the silence, "I will retire, again, or we can wait. But I don't want to push you, or do anything to make you regret it later."

"Jack. I can't wait any longer. But I don't want you to retire."

"So, what do you say we do"

She gave me a mischievous smile, "Well, Colonel, you were never one big on rules."

"Are you saying we blow the regs?"

She kept smiling at me.

"Well, Major, I think I like your battle plan."

"Why thank you." She said.

"But Sam, what if something happens?"

"Like what?"

"Like we get caught?"

She looked away, thinking of the possibilities and consequences. She turned back to me,

"Jack, don't think I don't know what could happen. Because I do, and I completely scared about it. But before the mission, I was walking downtown and I saw an old couple on the bench. They were so in love. You could see it in there eyes and the way they smiled at each other. And then I saw a young woman with a baby on her hip. That got me thinking. My time is running out, and I don't want to wait any longer for my chance of happiness. I think the world owes me that much for saving it so many times. When you came to talk to me in the infirmary, I wanted to jump up and down and scream like a teenage girl after her crush asks her out. But we were on duty. I realize what will happen if anyone finds out about this. But I'm willing to take the risk if you're going to be by my side through the whole ride."

I sat there in silence. This sounded so unlike the Sam I knew. I looked at her in the eye,

"Sam, I will always be by your side. I just don't want you to regret anything later."

"No regrets. I think I've waited too long to even think about regretting anything that happens between us."

I smiled at her. I was liking this new side of her that only a few people have seen. And I was excited to get to know it better.



End Notes: what should the next one be about? Any suggestions? Please tell me!!!!