samandjack.net

Story Notes: I know it been over six months since I last posted a story. I've been going thought a lot of family problems as well number of health issues during 2013. Hopefully this year thing would be a lot better for me. I'm still dealing with a number of new health issues which I hopefully will be able to get sorted out in the next few months. So for now enjoy this new story which I'll be posting a chapter twice a week and thank you Janet for beta reading this story for me. Oh happy new year every one and I'll be looking ford to your reviews
Author's Notes: I know it been over six months since I last posted a story. I've been going thought a lot of family problems as well number of health issues during 2013. Hopefully this year thing would be a lot better for me. I'm still dealing with a number of new health issues which I hopefully will be able to get sorted out in the next few months. So for now enjoy this new story which I'll be posting a chapter twice a week and thank you Janet for beta reading this story for me. Oh happy new year every one and I'll be looking ford to your reviews


TITLE: Ancient teenagers

AUTHOR: Alimoo1971

RATING:

SPOILERS: season seven

CATEGORY:

PAIRINGS: Jack & Sam

SUMMARY: Jack and Sam are turned into teenagers by an Ancient device

ARCHIVE: SJD, Yes. S/J NC17 Fanfic Archive, Fan fiction

DISCLAIMER: Ok, don't own characters. Made this story up, didn't make any money out of it, yada, yada, you know the rest.

FEED BACK: Yes Please

NOTES: I was thinking about this story during milking, so I decided to write it. I know it been over six months since I last posted a story. I've been going thought a lot of family problems as well number of health issues during 2013. Hopefully this year thing would be a lot better for me. I'm still dealing with a number of new health issues which I hopefully will be able to get sorted out in the next few months. So for now enjoy this new story which I'll be posting a chapter twice a week and thank you Janet for beta reading this story for me. Oh happy new year every one and I'll be looking ford to your reviews

SONGS:

***********************************************

SG1 and 2, along with Dr Coombs and Dr Felger, had been on a planet PYX-123 for five days.

Seven days earlier, SG5 had returned to Earth with their findings.

“Sir, from what I can tell, it’s from the Ancients. There are writings on the walls and some sort of device,” Colonel Dixon reported. He clicked on a photo which displayed on a big screen in one corner.

“Any ideas what it is?”

“No, Sir, but I think Dr Jackson might know what it is and could translate the writing.”

“Very well. Is there anything else?”

“No, Sir.”

“Ok. You’re all dismissed. Give all the information to Dr Jackson.”

“Yes, Sir.” They all stood as General Hammond did and he walked back into his office while SG5 walked out of the briefing room. They proceeded to Daniels lab where they knew he would be. When they walked into the lab, Daniel had his nose in a book and didn’t hear them enter.

“Hey, Daniel.” He looked up to see SG5 in his lab.

“Hi guys. Is there something I can do for you?”

“Yes. General Hammond said to give this to you. We found something you would love to see,” Colonel Dixon said with a smile on his face.

“Oh, what is it?”

“It’s from the Ancients.” That got Daniels attention.

He put down his book and said, “Show me.”

They passed him a disk which he put it into his computer and then typed a couple of keystrokes. Then he used the mouse and clicked on the folder to open the files they had saved. He then opened the photo files to view their findings. When he saw the first one, he froze.

“You know what it is?”

“Yes, Nirti used one on P3X-367 last year. I read about what happened to Sam and Jonas Quinn. From the description, I’d say it’s another Ancient DNA modifying device.”

“Was that the one where the Russians brought back some guy and he turned into water?”

“Yeah, that’s what it could be. At least Sam will have a chance to study this one, if the general Okay's it.”

“I’m sure he would… good luck. We’re going to get some dinner.”

“Ok, thanks for this guys.” They walked out leaving Daniel looking at the photos and reading the texts from the photos of the walls. He had been at that for an hour when Teal’c walked in.

“Daniel Jackson.” Daniel turned to Teal’c.

“Hi, Teal’c. I was busy looking at what SG5 brought back.” Teal’c walked over to Daniel and looked at the monitor. He recognised the ancient device.

“I have seen this device before.” Daniel turned to Teal’c.

“The one that Nirti had last year where Sam almost died?

“Indeed, but this one is twice the size of the one I have seen.”

“Really? Well, I’m going to ask the general if SG1 can go take a look.”

“General Hammond has gone home for the evening.”

“Oh, well I’ll ask him tomorrow then.”

“Care to join O’Neill, Major Carter and myself for evening meal?”

“Ah, sure.” They walked out of his lab and made their way to the mess hall. They talked about how their day had gone until they entered the mess hall and got in the serving line to make their food selections. Then they sat at the usual SG1 table.

“Jack and Sam must have had their dinner early.”

“Major Carter was working in her lab when I came to see you.”

“Oh? And Jack?”

“Doing his reports.”

“Oh, ok.”

Jack walked to Sam’s lab, as he always did. He entered to see Sam typing on her laptop. She stopped, looked up and then smiled when she saw Jack walking into her lab.

“Hey, dinner time.” Sam looked at her watch.

“Wow I didn’t realise that was the time.”

“Now you know. So, do you want to get out of here and go into town and get some dinner… I’m buying?”

“What about Daniel and Teal’c, Sir?”

“They will have had their dinner by now. You know Teal’c always has to have his meals before a certain time, otherwise he gets cranky if his blood sugar is low.” Sam smiled.

“Yes, I do know what Teal’c is like, Sir. I’ll meet you where for dinner?”

“How about home, I’ll get us something?”

“Sounds good to me.”

“Ok, see you at home then.” He turned and walked out the door smiling. Sam watched him leave.

She was thinking, “’Home’… I wish…”

She saved what she had been working on and then closed down everything and turned off the lights before leaving. She headed to the Locker Room to get changed before leaving to go to Jack’s house. Sam had found termites in her ceiling and her house was being fumigated. The Pest Control Company had told her it would be best if she stayed away for at least a week, to allow the chemicals to work and for the toxic levels to fall to safe levels. She had planned to stay on base, but Jack offered for her to stay in his guest room, which she accepted, after they advised General Hammond about the living arrangements even though it was only for a few days.

When Sam got to Jack’s place, he was already home. She walked inside to see Jack walking out of the kitchen with two beers in hand. He passed one to Sam after she hung her coat up and took off her shoes.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome. Come, dinner awaits.”

They walked into the living room to see a pizza box and a smaller box on top. Sam knew they were the hot chicken wings that she loved. They sat on the couch and drank their beers and ate dinner while watching TV.

After dinner, Sam took care of the empty bottles and rubbish then returned to the living room with two open bottles of beer. She passed one to Jack before she sat down again.

“So, what have you got planned for tomorrow, Sam?”

“Looking at the device SG7 brought back. You?”

“Paperwork.” Sam smiled knowing how much Jack didn’t like paperwork.

“Well, Jack, once it’s done, it’s done.”

“Funny.”

They watched the rest of the movie before they went to their own bedrooms for the night. They were both well aware that they couldn’t do anything due to the possibility that the NID were watching them.

The next morning, they walked into the mess hall, got themselves some breakfast, and then joined Teal’c at his table.

“Morning, Teal’c,” Sam said as she sat down.

“Morning, Major Carter, O’Neill.”

“Teal’c, where is Daniel? He’s normally here at this time of the morning.”

“He is in his lab working on a translation for SG5.”

“All night?”

“Indeed. SG5 found an Ancient DNA altering machine, like the one Nirti had.” They stopped eating and stared at Teal’c.

“Are you sure it’s one of those machines?”

“It is. I saw the photo, but it is twice as big as the one Nirti had.”

“Then why is Daniel… were there writings?” Sam asked. Teal’c nodded.

“SG5 found walls with Ancient writing on them and video-taped some of it before returning.”

“Why do I get a bad feeling that Daniel wants to go to what PYX whatever?”

“Well, I think he won’t be the only one, Sir. I would want to go and check out the device, since I didn’t get a change last time.”

“Yeah, well, you do love your doohickies.” Sam smiled at him, which made him smile back.

“Just think about it, Sir. If we do go… no paperwork.”

“Well then, we should go find Daniel and Hammond.”

“After breakfast, Sir. The paperwork will still be here when we return.” Jack groaned.

“Trust you to spoil the idea of no paperwork for a while and no giggling, Major!”

“Yes, Sir.” Then she giggled causing Jack to roll his eyes.

Teal’c had gotten used to their flirting and playfulness over the seven years he had been on Earth. He knew that they loved each other but could not act upon it because of military regulations. He had seen them when one or the other was missing and how it affected them. He recalled how Major Carter had shown her emotions the day he saw her in the women’s locker room when O’Neill had been missing with Mayborne.

Teal’c understood that O’Neill tried to bottle up his emotions, but he did occasionally slip. When Major Carter had been missing on the Prometheus the previous month, O’Neill had become almost as emotional as she had been. He watched O’Neill’s reaction when they got word that Prometheus had reached the Alpha Site and that Major Carter was injured. He had known that O’Neill would stay by her side in the infirmary until she awoke and he knew she was going to be ok.

It hadn’t been the first time O’Neill stayed in the infirmary while Major Carter was injured and it wouldn’t be the last. It was the same when O’Neill was injured; Major Carter would be there for him. Over the years, Teal’c had seen how much these Tauri cared for each other, not just as friends or team-mates, but as a family.

He knew with O’Neill and Major Carter there was more than just friendship, work mates, CO and second in command. They were like a married couple but couldn’t be together. They knew each other’s habits, their likes and dislikes.

He knew that one day they would get together, and he hoped the war with the Goa’uld would end soon. However, with Anubis out there with his new warriors and the replicators and the human replicators Carter duplicate, no one could really tell how long that the war would last.

They had just finished their breakfast when they head over the PA system, “SG1 report to the briefing room.”

“That’s us,” Jack said, stating the obvious.

They all stood and walked out of the mess hall and down to the briefing room. When they walked in, General Hammond and Daniel were already there waiting for them. They could see that Daniel was in the same clothes he wore the day before and he hadn’t had a shower or shave.

“Morning, Sir, Daniel.”

“Colonel, Major, Teal’c, please take a seat.” They took their usual places around the table.

“Dr Jackson came to me this morning about wanting to go to PYX-123 to check out the ruins and do more translating. Since there is an Ancient device on the planet, I’ve granted his request. SG1 will be leaving within the hour.”

“Sir, Teal’c told us about the device. I think we should contact Thor about it.”

“Agreed, Colonel. I’ll give you twenty-four hours. If you need more time, let me know before that time is up.”

“Yes, Sir.”

“Any questions?” He looked at them.

“Good. Dismissed.”

Jack and Sam stood just as Hammond did. He walked back to his office and started his paperwork for the day.

“Daniel do you have the photos of the device?”

“Yeah. Everything is in my lab. Come on, I’ll show you.” They all followed him out of the briefing room and to his lab.

“What have you translated so far?” Sam asked as she walked next to Daniel.

“Well, they were experimenting on each other and on different animals.”

“What sort of tests and what sort of animals?”

“I don’t know. The Colonel’s disk was full. That’s why I want to take a closer look at the walls for myself.”

“Ok.”

“Who knows, Daniel, it might even tell us where we can find a big honkin’ space gun.”

“I don’t think so, Jack.”

“Well, it’s worth a try.” When they reached Daniels lab, he showed them the photos of the device.

“Woo, that is big!”

“I know, but there are other devices, too.” He showed them other photos.

“Well, Carter, it looks like you will have more toys to play with.”

“True, Sir. We had better go and get ready.”

“Yeah. See you kids in the gate room.”

“Sir, don’t forget to send a message to Thor.”

“I’m going to do that right now, Carter.” Then he was gone.

“I had better go and pack myself. I’ll see you two in the gate room.”

“They seem happy this morning,” Daniel spoke softly to Teal’c.

“Indeed. Since Major Carter been staying at his home, he has been very happy.”

“It’s a shame they can’t be together.”

“Indeed.”

“Well, I’m going to take a quick shower and shave before we leave. I’ll meet you in the gate room, Teal’c.” Then he was out the door. Teal’c walked out a few seconds later to get ready himself.