samandjack.net

Story Notes: Good Morning 05: Season- I've never specified before but anywhere up to the end of season 5

Series/Sequel- Sequel to `Good Morning Daniel'

Content Warning- slight language…but not much

Authors Notes- all thoughts are in Italics, so make it easier to read. Thank you to zia-nova my wonderful beta, and to this story wouldn't be here without her…as I had no clue what to do for Teal'c and this was her idea I just padded it out a little. Anywayz feedback welcomed and hope you like!

E-Mail- gemmie_jam@hotmail.com


Good Morning 05: Good Morning Teal'c


`Zippidy-do-dah, zippidy-ay. My-oh-my, what a wonderful day!' he was humming to himself. He was late, very late. He was sort of hoping he wouldn't bump into Sam. If she even when home last night, she would be early or on time, never late. Walking through the security checks he headed towards the elevator. `Plenty of sunshine heading my way!'

No, it couldn't be her. She was never late! He stood beside her waiting for the doors to open. He stood there for around a minute and she didn't say anything, she didn't even acknowledge the fact that he was there.

Her leg was tapping madly. She mentally scolded herself to keep it still. She really didn't want to let him see that this `situation' was getting to her.

They entered the lift silently and stayed silent for several floors. The doors opened at level 7 to find Teal'c waiting.

"Good Morning Major Carter, Good Morning O'Neill."

Both Jack and Sam just smiled and nodded at him.

"Is there something wrong Major Carter?" asked Teal'c

Sam looked at Jack shocked...wondering did he tell Teal'c. "No Teal'c, why?" she answered pleasantly.

"It is just the atmosphere in this elevator is causing my symbiote some discomfort!"

"No Teal'c, everything is fine!" she turned and glared at Jack. Crossing her arms in front of her she started tapping her foot again.

Jack chanced a look at her. He almost gave himself whiplash with the speed and force of his double take. She is still wearing the ring! He stood staring at her.

She turned her head to look at him. Seeing he was staring at her, she raised her eyebrows. What?

He gave her a sickly grin and nodded towards her hands. That!

She looked at him confused for a minute and glanced down at her hands. A look of shock quickly passed over her face. OH MY GOD! I forgot to take the ring off for work this morning! That was quickly followed by a look of realisation. Damn…he's seen it! She quickly threw her hands behind her back and started tugging on the ring.

Jack as looking straight ahead towards the elevator doors but could see what she was trying to do out of the corner of his eye. She's taking it off. I thought we where gonna be able to work this out…I should have talked to her sooner…well…I should have TALKED to her… that would be a start. He looked towards the floor feeling hurt. Everything he had wanted and planned for him and Sam. This was definitely not part of the plan.

Sam's arms pulled apart in opposite directions. She had gotten the ring off. She stood looking at it for a moment. Her left hand suddenly felt cold and empty. She pushed the thought to the back of her mind and put the ring in the chest pocket of the jacket. She turned to Jack with a triumphant smile on her face. There I'll show him that I don't want to play this game and it was just a stupid thing I did when I was drunk and also, that I plan to rectify the situation as soon as physically possible.

Jack eyes lifted to meet hers. They where not filled with understanding, mutual agreement or a cocky plan to playfully get back at her later. They where filled with sadness and hurt. She moved her hand to his left arm and tugged on his sleeve to bring it out of his trouser pocket. His hand was in a fist. Balled up tight. As if holding on to something for dear life.

Sam turned to him fully now and used her hands to pry his open. There is the palm of his hand, that was red from being squeezed so hard, with little lines where his nails had been digging into the skin, was his ring. She looked up to him confused. Her brow furrowed into a frown. I thought it was all a mistake…and you didn't want this?

He started to close his fist again. Only briefly meeting her eye, before he stared at the floor again. Obviously not!

She took the ring out of his hand and turned his hand over in hers. There was still a slight mark where the ring had been…he must have only just taken it off. She gently ran her finger over the back of his hand focusing on the mark where the ring had been. She looked up at him with questioning eyes. So you want us to STAY married…and not get a divorce? I small and brief smile flitted across her face.

He placed a hand on top of hers to keep it still. He squeezed her hands and smiled. There is nothing I would love more in the world.

She took the ring in her hand and looked at it carefully. She wrapped her hands around his neck and found the little join in the chain for the dog tags. She opened it and slid the ring on. She ran the ring around the chain till it was in the middle the pushed them back down, under his top. She looked at him with understanding tainted with hurt in her eyes. She patted on the ring through his shirt. We have to keep this quiet.

He ran his hand up her arm and pushed a piece of hair out of her eyes. I know!

Just then the elevator jerked. They both looked at the screen telling what floor they had reached. Teal'c turned to look at them.

"Before I leave I would just like to say congratulations. After what I heard Major Carter saying about you O'Neill, and how much aggression you had for Major Carter the other day O'Neill I am glad you have now rectified the situation and have embraced the gift of marriage. I am planning a traditional Chu'lak ceremony of joining for you. Please when you both have some spare time could you come and see me?" With that he nodded at them and turned to be on his way.

Sam rounded on Jack…anger flaring up between them again. They attacked together

"WHAT THE HELL DID HE MEAN?"

The End