samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers: The Lost City and Inauguration

Warnings: Nil. Completely harmless.

Authors Notes: Saw Lost City Pt 1 last night and just wrote this little thing in response. It may be the first thing I have ever written in 2nd person. Enjoy.


Kinsey left you mad and with more than a few questions. You call Major Samantha Carter into your office and ask her about her relationship with Colonel Jack O'Neill.

"Kinsey hasn't told you?" The woman in front of you is angry and a little upset. You suspect the Vice President has had a word with her- her reaction is not unlike your own. "The Colonel and I are having an affair. At least that's the way he tells it."

And you remember now the concern on this woman's face when Jack O'Neill spoke in another language at the briefing. The way she turned to him to assure herself of his wellbeing.

"How do you tell it?" You ask, because, really, you are dying to know. All this adventure needed to make it complete was a touch of forbidden love.

She pauses and takes a breath. You know her intellect is regarded highly by some of the most esteemed scientists in the world, and you wonder if that is how it has controlled her heart for so long. "It's not what you think it is. Colonel O'Neill is the best man I know. He killed me once, to save the SGC. I hope I can return the favour." She looks you in the eye. "Permission to be excused?"

You nod and she leaves the room. You watch her through the window into the briefing room. She stops at the top of the stairs, her head raising and her back straightening. Daniel Jackson comes up the stairs then and you think she smiles at him, but your point of view is obscured. And you know that Jack O'Neill is a good man because that woman loves him.