samandjack.net

Story Notes: AUTHOR: Blade

EMAIL: elbereth@inforamp.net

DISCLAIMER: All characters and the SGC Cheyenne Mountain Complex are property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This is a piece of fan fiction. It was written for entertainment (mostly my own) -- no monetary gain nor infringement on copyrights or trademarks is intended. Any variance from canon is a figment of my warped imagination, and a direct result of having the hots for Teal'c, while also being allergic to writing Mary-Sue fic. Everything else grows in the telling.

CATEGORY: Romantic Yuletide Fluff, lotsa m/f (wait and see who!), PWP -- er, *does* it have a plot? I can't tell ...

SUMMARY: It's the annual SGC staff Christmas Party, and a few select guests have joined the gang.

REFERENCE TEXT: "The White Goddess" by Robert Graves -- a truly fine overview of comparative mythology. ;-]

RATING: R? (I think? Maybe? Perhaps? Help!) 8-'

STATUS: Complete.

SET: The SGC cafeteria, 'round about December 22, 1999 ... ergo, anything up to wherever we are in third season is fair game. Not that I've seen them all so far. *Yet* ...

SPOILERS: Um ... probably a few ... no real mention of episodes, just people, which includes Thor, Jacob/Selmac, and Martouf/Lantesh. Er. Add to that list Sha're, and Sarah O'Neil, who are *sorta* there ...

ARCHIVE: Contact me, I seldom bite.

FEEDBACK: Please be gentle, I bruise easily.

WARNINGS: Overt Mistletoe. Really Serious Kissing. (What? You expected more in the SGC cafeteria? No, don't answer that, you probably did. Give me time ...) Suggestive Thoughts. Alcohol use, implied. A tiny smidgen of minor cussing.

NOTES: Well, okay, *my* company Christmas Party was nowhere *near* this much fun. And I'm not 100% certain about ... no, that's a spoiler. 08-] I wrote this on the fly as a sort of Christmas Challenge to myself ... it has undergone one revision from first draft. The revision had a lot to do with running it through a computer modern enough to understand the term "spellcheck". Just so's ya know. ;-]

Copyright Blade; December 1999


Jacob smiled indulgently and shook his head, "Samantha Carter, adult women do not kiss their fathers under the mistletoe."

Sam grinned. "Okay, send Selmac out to play. I'll kiss him instead!" The look that crossed Jacob's face sent Sam and Janet into a bout of giggling.

The mistletoe was hung in the exact centre of the base cafeteria, the base Christmas Party was in full swing, and Major Carter and Doctor Fraiser had claimed their territory. Any man who passed by the pair was expected to pay their "respects" to the ladies, no arguments. (Janet secretly suspected that someone had spiked the punch, but she wasn't about to point it out to anyone who couldn't guess by themselves.) All in all, they were having fun.

Selmac's eyes flashed, but he remained still, waiting to see what Sam would do. She wrapped him in a warm hug and kissed him chastely on the cheek, before saying, "Merry Christmas, Selmac. Tell Dad he takes mistletoe too seriously."

"Thank you, Samantha ... and maybe you don't take it seriously enough." There was that familiar yet unnerving change to the sound of the voice partway through the statement, as Selmac's resonance became Jacob's mild paternal scolding.

"Oh, you'd be surprised how seriously we take mistletoe, General Carter," Janet drawled, as she nudged Sam to get her attention. Daniel was walking toward them, deep in conversation with Thor of the Asgaard.

Tipping the ladies a conspiratorial wink, the archaeologist continued, "... nice of you to join us, Thor. It means a lot when friends are able to visit during the holidays, and you've certainly travelled further than most to be here!"

The little alien blinked up at Doctor Jackson. "I am glad that General Hammond invited me. I have missed the mid-winter revels of the Tau'ri. I find it fascinating that the more severe the climactic conditions, the more warm and familial the festivals of the Tau'ri become."

He and Daniel stopped when they reached the ladies' territory under the mistletoe, and Thor slowly looked up at the greenery, before turning his huge eyes to Sam and Janet. "You wish me to participate in ancient Druidic fertility rituals?"

Janet and Sam looked at each other, then burst into laughter as they dropped to their knees and drew Thor into a circle of hugs. "Symbolic, Thor, and very mild compared to the early days!" gasped Sam, and kissed him lightly on the cheek. "Wouldn't this be one for the scandal rags, though?" chuckled Janet, kissing the alien's other cheek.

Thor smiled softly, and nodded as a sparkling glow filled the air around Janet and Sam. As wide-eyed wonder spread across their faces, he blinked up at Daniel and said, "I have indeed missed the warmth of the Tau'ri."

Lightly, Thor touched Sam, then Janet on the shoulder, nodded to Daniel, and walked off into the festive crowd, headed in the direction of the buffet table. Daniel regarded his two friends curiously. "What was that?"

Janet and Sam looked at each other in amazement. Smiles broke over their faces, and they hugged tightly before scrambling to their feet.

"I feel ... unbelievable!" Sam looked around the room, her eyes lighting on Daniel. She drew the startled (yet unresisting) archaeologist into a passionate kiss. Daniel closed his eyes, and suddenly felt as if he were kissing Sha're -- the body moulded against his shifted subtly to fuller breasts and rounder curves, and the passion matched exactly that of his dear dead wife. Part of his mind insisted he was kissing Sam, his chaste-sister-buddy Sam; the rest of his mind yelled at him to shut up and enjoy it.

They finally broke apart. Daniel stood with his eyes closed, licking his lips as if trying to memorize the feel of his wife all over again. He finally sighed, "Thank you, Thor," and opened his eyes to look at Sam, who was regarding him with a calculating eye.

"Thor did something," she stated. Daniel nodded; Janet grinned wickedly, "You bet he did! I feel like I could have sex all night!"

Daniel blushed and smiled, "Well, our favourite God of Thunder *does* have some interesting powers ... and you guys *are* standing under one of the most powerful phallic emblems in the Western World! The mistletoe was thought to rule the mid-winter -- which is now -- and was regarded as a powerful aphrodisiac. Kisses forbidden at all other times of the year were permitted under its leaves and berries."

"Do tell?" Janet murmured, "Just make sure you pass along that little tidbit to anyone who should ask, okay, Doctor Jackson?" She grinned savagely and grabbed him.

This time Daniel was most definitely kissing Janet Fraiser. Her body undulated against his, giving him the impression of hard nipples grazing his chest through his shirt and her uniform. Her tongue caressed his lips, then demanded entrance. Their tongues entwined passionately, then suddenly, too soon, he felt her break the contact.

He opened confused eyes to find Janet gazing ferally over his shoulder. She absently wiped the back of one hand across her mouth and said, "Sorry, Doctor Jackson. If we continued that, I'd have dragged you off to bed, and I'm really hunting someone else." She favoured him with a brilliant smile, and his quick glance over his shoulder failed to tell him just whom Janet had targeted. Although he thought he might guess ...

"I think I need to have a word with Thor," he murmured, and disappeared into the crowd.

Sam had been unabashedly watching the show her best friend had been giving. The two grinned at each other conspiratorially. Sam whispered, "What do you think: Jack or Martouf?"

"You still haven't made up your mind?"

"Hell, no. Could you, in my place?"

"Maybe not. But that's all academic to me, girlfriend. Oops, I need a prop!" She flashed an alluring grin to a passing masculine form, "Airman? Would you bring little old me a chair, pretty-please?"

"What do you need that for?" Sam whispered.

"You'll see. Or maybe you'll be too busy," Janet added, gesturing over Sam's shoulder. "Kiss 'em both. Maybe that'll help you make up your mind." With that, Janet winked at her friend, and settled onto her chair (paid for with a quick yet passionate kiss to the helpful airman) to watch and wait.

Jack O'Neil and Martouf were approaching the ladies' position, their path drifting through the crowd as they verbally sparred with each other. They were brought up short by Sam's seductive tone, "Jack. Martouf." She then winked broadly at the latter, "Lantesh."

"Okay, Carter, have you been into the punch? I didn't spike it with you in mind, y'know. Just thought the party needed some livening up. Stuffed shirt military affa--* ..." His tirade was cut off in mid-word by Sam's lips.

She pressed herself into her commanding officer, delighted to feel him instantly hardening against her. After his initial shock, he threw himself wholeheartedly into the kiss, deepening it until they were the only ones in the room. But somehow, he kept losing track of whether he was kissing Sam or Sarah ... one moment, the lips belonged to his very desirable teammate, the next, to the still-beloved woman who had borne his son and shared his other life, the life of stolen non-military moments that had been so precious. He broke from the kiss, inflamed but confused. "Holy Hannah!" he managed to gasp, then glanced a question at Janet. She met his look with an unabashed grin and shrug.

Sam smiled broadly and snapped a jaunty salute at Jack, "Go talk to Thor, sir. I'm sure he and Daniel can answer your questions." She winked lasciviously.

"Ya think?" he mumbled to himself, vague thoughts about alien possession clamouring for the attention of his sex-befuddled mind. He turned and walked dazedly toward the buffet table. He seemed to recall he had seen Daniel and Thor there earlier.

Sam turned to regard Martouf hungrily. The Tok'ra returned her gaze with what looked like mild amusement. "What's got into you, Samantha?"

"I think Thor may have given Janet and me a little Christmas present." She pointed up at the mistletoe. "I'm thinking it has to do with what Thor called 'ancient fertility rituals'. Any objections?"

"None at all! But I'd be interested to hear your explanation for the choices you have obviously made. Please."

With a slight frown and pursing of her lips (which Martouf found endearing), she began, "Well, Daniel's still in love with Sha're, and Jack still loves Sarah as well as me -- I could feel it when we kissed. And Teal'c, while gorgeous, is spoken for. That leaves you." She grinned and licked her lips suggestively.

"So, I'm what you would call 'leftovers'?"

"I like leftovers. They're comfortable. They taste just right," she breathed as she drew him into her embrace.

As Sam and Martouf kissed, she was again aware of duality, but this time it was the duality of Martouf and Lantesh. Both were kissing her -- her and their shared memory of Jolinar. But the focus was there, focus that had been missing when she kissed Daniel, then Jack: Sam/Jolinar was kissing Martouf/Lantesh, and there was nobody in the mix who shouldn't be there.

Their kiss grew more passionate. Hands started roaming backs and shoulders, tongues intertwined, breathing grew more and more rapid. Sam felt a glorious heat between her legs, and ground her hips against Martouf's. In answer, his tongue became more demanding as he hardened against her. They were slipping into a world that contained only them, when they became aware of an insistent tapping. Tap, tap, tap it went, on the tops of their heads. Slightly annoyed, they broke their kiss and looked up ...

And saw Janet Fraiser, standing above them (on her handy chair) and grinning sternly. "Find a room. Take a walk. There's a beautiful full moon out tonight. Go!"

"Yes, Doctor!" they chorused, clasped hands, and left as quickly as was dignified. Janet grinned wryly and shook her head. She'd have to ask Sam about ...

"Doctor Fraiser?"

The deep voice right behind her made her heart skip a beat, as something clenched deliciously in her gut. She turned with a brilliant smile, and found herself looking directly into a pair of amused brown eyes. "Teal'c! I've been waiting for you!"

The subtle amusement touched his lips -- such kissable lips, Janet thought -- and he tilted his head in question. "While standing on a chair?"

"All the better to ..." Slow down, Janet, she admonished herself. She started again, "Teal'c, you're familiar with our customs with the mistletoe, right?" She helpfully pointed at the plant matter above her head.

"Indeed. I just had a most interesting discussion with Daniel Jackson and Thor on the subject. Daniel Jackson seemed to think I should discuss it further with you."

Janet studied the face before her, so subtle in its expressions, yet now so familiar. And she was suddenly certain of one thing: he was fully aware of her intentions, and was laughing inside, letting her make the first move.

"Then you understand the chair." She leaned in slowly, her arms encircling his neck, studying his eyes. She felt strong arms go around her, holding her tightly but gently, firmly yet respectfully. She touched her lips lightly to his in a chaste kiss of greeting, then their lips met again with more intensity.

Janet felt light-headed, on fire, incredibly hungry. She had dreamed of this for so long ... she felt his tongue requesting entrance to her mouth, and parted her lips in joyous welcome. The sensual exploration continued until she stopped and drew back slightly with a gasp.

"Teal'c? Tell me that's not your symbiote I can feel."

"Doctor Fraiser, that is not my symbiote."

Janet chuckled against him, "Is that a Goa'uld in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?"

One eyebrow rose eloquently. "Mae West. And yes, Doctor Fraiser, I am most happy to see you."

"Then you'd better call me Janet." They shared a smile.

About this point, Doctor Fraiser realized that her feet were no longer on the chair. In fact, she could see Daniel over Teal'c's shoulder, waving brightly, one foot resting on the chair she had been standing on. She winked at him -- the young monkey -- and went back to kissing Teal'c.

They weren't sure how long they had stood there, she in his arms, he feeling her moving ever more passionately against him ... There was a sound. A sound both were conditioned to heed.

"*Ahem*", the sound said.

General Hammond sounded almost embarrassed. Almost. "Teal'c, son, put the doctor down. You're hogging the mistletoe."

Janet pulled back just enough to meet Teal'c's eyes. She growled throatily, "George, find your own goddam mistletoe. This is mine."

Laughter broke out all around them, and they realized belatedly that they were the focus of a circle of smiling faces.

Janet kissed Teal'c lightly on the end of his nose, then whispered, "Come on. Let's get out of here."

"Agreed." He set her down lightly on her feet, saluted General Hammond very seriously, then allowed the Doctor to lead him from the party.

George Hammond sighed gustily and turned back to Jacob Carter. "Leave it to SG-1 to make any situation more ... interesting."

"You *will* go inviting all these aliens to parties, George," Selmac's voice echoed from Jacob's mouth.

Hammond stared for a second, then chuckled, "You're learning Jacob's odd sense of humour, Selmac." The General's face took on a stern look. "I think I need to have a word with Thor. And a certain Colonel who probably spiked the punch ..."

"Thor just left."

Hammond turned to see Daniel Jackson standing behind him. "He asked me to give you his regards, and thank you for a 'fine mid-winter revel'. He also gave me this," Daniel added, holding up an apple.

"Golden delicious?" The General waited for his top archaeologist to explain.

"Not quite. Thor said something about having given Sam and Janet a gift, in return for making him feel welcome here. He said this is the apple of Freya, Norse goddess of love. Presumably another Asgaard, though Thor didn't really explain. He said to make sure Janet and Sam each eat half the apple in the morning, and they'll 'keep only the best part of the gift', whatever that means." Daniel shrugged, but looked as if he knew more than he was letting on.

"Looks like Thor's departure was a strategic retreat, George," Jacob chuckled.

For a moment Hammond had that sinking feeling of being outflanked. Upon rapid reflection, however, he realized that the little alien was fond of SG-1, and had proven himself trustworthy -- as trustworthy as a Roswell Grey *could* be, he thought ruefully. Alien mindset and all, who could tell *what* they were thinking? But no. He had no worries for his people's safety on this one. But it would make an interesting story, if he could get Carter or Fraiser to tell him about it.

The thought crossed his mind to find O'Neil and chew him out over the illicitly strong punch -- crossed his mind and kept going. If his people, his teams, could put their lives on the line every day of the year, perhaps he could overlook the occasional minor breech of discipline? For the sake of morale, of course. The thought felt good, it felt right ...

Clapping a hand to his old friend's shoulder, George Hammond said, "What about some punch, Jacob? Or does Selmac let you drink?" With much laughter, the two walked off toward the buffet.



**********



In geosynchronous orbit above Colorado, a small grey alien looked into a crystalline device. He glanced rapidly past two couples locked in ardent embraces, lingered over two friends sitting quietly in a corner discussing their absent wives, paused on the vision of two other friends sharing a drink for old time's sake.

The alien blinked his huge eyes and murmured, "Happy Yule, SGC. You have earned the peace and joy you feel this night."

He smiled in a gentle, benevolent sort of way, then his ship was gone from orbit.



-----------------------------------END-------------------------