samandjack.net

Story Notes: TITLE: Beyond 100 days

AUTHOR: Jez- jez80@ozemail.com.au

SPOILERS: 100 days

RATING: M (Some swearing)

ARCHIVE: Sam and Jack and Heliopolis please.

SUMMARY: The aftermath of 100 days.

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyrights or trademarks was intended. Previously unrecognised characters and places, and this story, are copyrighted to the author. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author

AUTHORS NOTES: Now I haven't seen 100 days yet, this fic is written purely from the spoilers I've read. I appoligise for any inaccuracies.

DEDICATION: This fic is dedicated to all you guys on the Sam and Jack list who sent in spoilers for 100 days. Thanks!

FEEDBACK: Yes please!


~~o0o~~



Janet had just finished checking SG1 following the rescue of Colonel O'Neill. She was surprised at the quietness of the team. Especially Sam. Janet thought the woman would have been ecstatic at having her Colonel home but she seemed almost more upset than before. "Well everyone's okay. I believe the General has put you on downtime?" They all nodded and got up to leave. "Sam? Can I see you for a minute?"

Once the others had left Janet turned to her friend. "Are you okay?"

Sam looked up quickly. "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

Janet shrugged. "You tell me. You look pretty upset."

"I'm fine." Sam stood back up. "Hey let's go out tonight" she said suddenly.

"Go out? Sam, you've hardly slept for three months. I don't know how you're still standing. Don't you think you should get some rest?" Janet was worried now, this wasn't normal behavior from her friend. She normally had to drag Sam away from the 'gate and her team. "Sam did something happen on that planet? Something to do with Colonel O'Neill?" She saw Sam flinch visibly at the mention of the Colonel's name.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Come on Janet, I want to get drunk and forget all about the past three months."

Janet sighed. "Go home and get some sleep Sam, you're exhausted. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

Sam shrugged and left, but she didn't go home. She got changed and went to a bar, determined to forget all about Colonel Jack O'Neill. She was up to her third drink when the tall, handsome man sat down next to her. "Hi" he said as he ordered a drink.

"Hi" Sam replied, not really looking at him.

"I know this is going to sound like such a line, but what's a gorgeous woman like you doing out by yourself?"

Sam laughed. "You're right. That does sound like such a line." She looked at him then. He had short, brown hair and the most beautiful blue eyes. He was dressed in a dark suit with a tie. In short, he was gorgeous. She shrugged, smiling at him. "My friend didn't want to come so I figured I'd come out by myself."

The guy nodded and watched as Sam finished her drink. "Can I buy you another?"

She smiled. "Sure. Another bourbon and coke thanks" she told the bartender.

"And I'll have another beer." He turned back to Sam. "My names Chris by the way."

"I'm Sam."

He nodded his approval. "Would you like to dance Sam?"

"Sure. Why not." She rose of the barstool and he led her to the dance floor.

A few hours later Chris and Sam emerged from the bar. She was leaning against him and laughing hard. "I don't think you should be driving Sam. Let me take you home."

"I'm quite capable of taking care of myself" she defended, but didn't resist when he led her to his car.

"I'm sure you are, but I'd be worried about you. This way I know you'll get home safe."

"Such chivalry" Sam giggled as she got into his car.

He nodded as he sat in the driver's seat. "That's me. A regular Mister nice guy."

Sam placed her hand on his thigh. "I hope you're not a nice guy all the time." She leant over and kissed him almost ferociously.

"Oh no, not all the time" he breathed when they pulled apart. He started the car and headed quickly in the direction she told him.

Pulling up out the front of Sam's apartment, Chris turned off the engine. He got out and helped Sam out of the car, allowing her to lead him to her apartment. She'd been all over him on the drive home, leaving no doubt in either's mind how this night would end.



####



Sam turned up to the base late the next morning and went straight to Janet's office. Unfortunately Janet wasn't alone. Jack was leaning up against the door talking to the doctor. Sam turned to leave but he'd already spotted her. "Morning Major" he called loudly.

Sam flinched as his voice made her head pound. She turned back towards him and it was obvious to him what she had been up to last night. She had two rather large hickeys on her neck and it looked like she had the hangover from hell.

His face darkened slightly. "Excuse me, I've got things to do" he said, pushing past her and heading down the corridor.

Sam sighed and walked in to sit at Janet's desk. Janet gasped at the appearance of her friend. "God Sam. I thought I told you to go home last night."

Sam shrugged. "I didn't want to go home to an empty apartment so I went out for a while." She took the Aspirin that Janet offered her, swallowing them without water. "Thanks."

"So who was he?" Janet asked bluntly. "Or didn't you get as far as names?"

Sam gave her a dark look. "Of course I did. It was Chris... somebody. He was a business man... or something else that requires a suit and tie."

"Dammit Sam, I thought you were smarter than that. I mean jumping into bed with someone you don't even know! Did you at least use protection?"

"Of course we did! Shit Janet, it's no big deal. I met a guy, we got drunk and had sex. People do it all the time."

"But you don't Sam. Daniel told me about what happened on that planet. I'm sorry, but this is no way to deal with it."

"This has nothing to do with that! I just... I don't know. He was a nice guy, absolutely gorgeous and he was interested in me. Tell me what's so wrong about wanting to feel like a woman for a change?"

Janet sighed. "Nothing Sam, but there are other ways to go about it. Believe me I understand how you feel, but after what happened yesterday... I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Too late Janet" Sam said quietly, tears in her eyes.

"Oh Sam" Janet went to her side, pulling her into a hug. "Shhh, it's alright. You've just gotta forget about him. He's not worth it."

"How can I just forget about him Janet? When I see him every day."

"You just have to start thinking of him as Colonel O'Neill again. He's just your CO, nothing more, nothing less."

Sam nodded, wiping the tears from her eyes. "You're right. It was stupid of me to think anything could ever happen. He's not worth it."

She gave Janet a determined smile that froze on her face when she heard Jack's voice. "Is everything alright?"

Sam turned to look at the worried face of her CO. Taking a deep breath she rose out of the chair. "Yes Sir, everything's fine." She gave Janet a small smile and walked out past Jack.

He stared after her for a moment before turning back to Janet. "What was that all about?"

Janet considered giving the man a piece of her mind. How could he act so adoring toward Sam one minute and then jump into bed with someone else as soon as they were separated. She bit her tongue though, not wanting to upset Sam any further.

"That's none of your business Colonel. Now was there something you wanted?"



#####



A week later SG1 had there first mission since Jack's return. Things had basically gone back to normal although everyone noticed a difference in Sam's attitude towards Jack. There was no longer any flirting between them and she no longer laughed at Jack's attempts at humor. He had thought that it was because he had brushed her off when she had attempted to explain how they'd rescued him. He asked her to explain it to him one day. She had explained it scientifically, not using layman's terms like she normally did when explaining things to him. He didn't understand why she was so mad at him.

The wormhole engaged and SG1 walked up the ramp and through the event horizon. The planet on the other side looked pretty standard. Trees, trees and more trees.

They walked for an hour before stumbling across a large village. The locals looked at them curiously. One man walked up to them, smiling broadly. "Hello. My name is Quirof. Are you travelers?"

"Ah, yes. Yes we are" Daniel said. "I'm Daniel, this is Jack, Teal'c and Sam."

Quirof's eyes stayed fixed on Sam. "You're wife is very beautiful."

Sam blushed. "I'm not his wife. I'm not married" she replied with a nervous smile.

Quirof's smile seemed to grow at this. "Well I welcome you all to Mika'too. We are a peaceful village. Would you like to rest here? The suns will be setting very soon."

Jack looked at his team before nodding to Daniel. "We would be honored to accept your hospitality" Daniel told the man.

Quirof smiled. "Follow me. I shall show you to your abodes." He gestured for them to follow him to five small huts on the edge of the village. "These are our guest abodes. We get many travelers here. You may choose who will sleep where."

Jack nodded, watching as Sam wandered off to look in the nearest hut. She'd been doing that a lot this mission. Wandering away from him at every chance. Normally the two of them were almost inseparable on a mission.

Twenty minutes later they had stowed their gear and were sitting around a campfire. Jack noted, with a pang of jealousy, that Sam and Quirof were getting on very well. They were laughing and talking like old friends. It was the first time he'd seen her laugh since he'd returned home. He shook his head and turned away from them, watching as a group of women served food and wine.

A couple of hours later Jack walked back into the village. After dinner he had gone for a walk to clear his head and think. He'd found a grassy spot near the river and sat there, looking at the stars. He still couldn't work out what was wrong with Sam. He had a feeling that Janet knew, she had been abrupt with him too. Even Daniel was acting cold towards him. It had to be something big but he couldn't figure out what and no one would tell him the problem.

He looked around the fire, trying to spot his team. Teal'c and Daniel were where he had left them but Sam wasn't with them. "Where's Carter?" He asked as he approached his friends.

"She went back to her hut. She said she wasn't feeling well" Daniel told him. Jack looked at him for a minute before turning and heading to the guest huts.

He went over to the small building allocated as Sam's quarters. He knocked briefly before he walked inside and what he saw made his blood boil. There was Sam kissing Quirof quite passionately. His shirt was off and his hands were in the process of slipping Sam's jacket down her arms. "What in the hell's going on?!" He barked, making the couple jump apart.

Sam glared at him. "Colonel! How dare you barge in here! These are my quarters!"

Jack pointed at Quirof. "You get out of here. Now!" He shouted. Quirof grabbed his shirt off the ground and almost ran out the door. Jack turned back to Sam. "You better have a damn good explanation for this Major" he growled.

"My private life is none of your business!"

"It is when we're on a mission! What would happen if everyone just jumped into bed with the first person they found attractive on a planet?"

Sam spun around and looked at him. "Well you seem to be the expert on *that* one!"

"Watch it Major!" Jack warned.

She took a deep breath. When she spoke again her voice was icy. "I apologize Sir. Let me try to understand this. You, being the commanding officer and obviously male, are allowed to fuck whoever the hell you like and I'm supposed to just grin and come save your ass. I, who happen to be a subordinate and female, can't even look in the direction of a guy. How's that *sir*?" She turned and stalked out of the room before he could open his mouth.

Jack stood for a moment, shocked by her outburst. In all the time he'd known her, he'd never heard Sam speak like that. He turned and rushed out after her. "Major!" He yelled, seeing her hurry down towards the river.

"Just leave me alone!" She yelled back, breaking into a run.

He sprinted after her, thankful that the planet had two large moons to light the night. He stopped when he lost sight of her, listening for any sound that would tell him where she was. He was about to turn back when he heard a small sob coming from his right.

He saw her through the trees then, sitting on the riverbank hugging her legs. He walked quietly over to her. "Sam?"

She flinched at the sound of his voice. "Please Colonel. Just leave me alone. Please do the one thing I've ever asked of you" she pleaded.

"I... I can't Sam. I can't just leave you like this." He slowly walked over to her and sat down next to her. He could see the tears cascading down her cheeks and he reached out to comfort her. She pulled away from him, refusing to meet his gaze. "Sam, what have I done to hurt you? Tell me what I've done so I can make it right."

Sam gave a bitter laugh. "You really don't know do you?"

"No. I'm sorry, I don't. Tell me."

"I don't know if it really matters now. I don't know if you can make it right" she said quietly.

"Let me try. Come on Sam, I care about you too much to not try" he hated the despairing tone in his voice. He had thought he'd lost her forever, only to have her achieve the impossible and come to rescue him. He didn't want to lose her twice. He couldn't.

"You care about me?" She asked, incredulous. "How can you say that after just forgetting all about Earth... forgetting all about me? Three months I worked my ass off to get you home, just because I thought you shouldn't have to stay there any longer than absolutely necessary. Then I find out that all the heartache and sleepless nights were for nothing. You were quite happy where you were and it was like you were almost mad at me for doing it, for coming to take you home."

"Sam, I..." Jack was at a loss for words. He had given up hope of them rescuing him and he'd settled down with Lara as a way of trying to forget. It didn't work though, the beautiful blond Major had still haunted his dreams.

Sam continued on as if he hadn't spoken, now she had started she'd opened the floodgate of emotions she had been suppressing over the last few months. "See when I realized you were stranded all these feelings I'd tried so hard to hide came tumbling out. I started thinking about the past and there were little things that made me think you might just feel the same way I do. That's all I could cling to. The thought that, just maybe, you loved me back. Well I sure found out how wrong I was."

Jack turned almost desperately to her. "No Sam. That's where you're wrong. I do love you, more than anything."

"Don't say things you don't mean. You couldn't possibly love me if you could go to her so quickly."

"Listen to me. I was a coward, I couldn't cope with the thought of losing you so I just tried to forget. I buried all of those feelings deep down... I know I was wrong Sam and I hope that one day you can forgive me. I love you. I never want you to think otherwise."

Sam started sobbing and fell against him. He pulled her tightly to his chest, rocking her gently. Jack heard a rustle and looked up to see a dark figure.

"Jack?" Daniel said quietly, moving out of the shadows.

"What are you doing here Daniel?" He asked, not releasing his grip on Sam.

"We heard you both yelling before and I got worried when neither of you came back."

"Christ Danny, did you think I was gonna hurt her or something?"

"Actually Jack I was worried that Sam might hurt you." He heard Sam's slight giggle at his response.

Jack placed a soft kiss on the top of her head. "We'll be back up soon Daniel. Go and get some rest."

Daniel nodded, turning to leave them alone again.

Sam pulled away slightly, looking Jack in the eye. "I... I don't know if I can just forgive and forget everything that's happened."

Jack nodded, his hands resting lightly on her shoulders. "I understand Sam. Why don't we just take things one step at a time. I promise I won't push you." And he wouldn't. He would wait as long as Sam needed and in the end he knew they could be happy together. He pulled her back towards her, just enjoying having her near. For now, that was enough.



THE END