samandjack.net

Story Notes: TITLE: Row, Row, Row Your Boat

AUTHOR: Jez- jez80@ozemail.com.au

SPOILERS: none

RATING: Probably G

ARCHIVE: Sam and Jack and Heliopolis please.

SUMMARY: While camping, the team go rowing and start discussing the film 'The Titanic'.

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyrights or trademarks was intended. Previously unrecognised characters and places, and this story, are copyrighted to the author. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author. I also don't own Titanic. Just borrowed some scenes.

AUTHORS NOTES: This is an answer to the '2000 mini-Titanic' Challenge. Couldn't resist when I read it.

FEEDBACK: Yes please!


"Come on! I want ice-cream" Sam insisted as she made her way down to the row boat. The team had all gone camping for the weekend. After dinner and quite a few drinks Sam had a craving for ice-cream and it was an hours row to the small general store on the other side of the lake.

"But Sam we've been drinking!" Daniel tried, fearing getting into the small boat with his intoxicated friends.

"You can't get arrested for drink rowing can you?" She asked, turning to her Colonel.

"Probably. Teal'c you better row" he said as he helped his Major into the boat.

"As you wish O'Neill" Teal'c replied as he dumped the still fearful archeologist in the boat.

Teal'c pushed the boat into deeper water before getting, picking up the oars and starting to row.

"Is it even safe to have so many people in such a little boat?" Daniel continued.

"Whatcha talking about Danny? This boat is huge." Jack stood up to prove his point.

"The Titanic huh sir?" Sam asked with a grin.

"Sure is Rose" he replied, winking.

Teal'c raised an eyebrow. "Colonel O'Neill, why did you refer to Major Carter as Rose? Her given name is Samantha."

"I know that Teal'c. I was referring to the movie 'The Titanic'. You know that *really* long one we watched at the Major's house."

"I remember quite clearly O'Neill." Teal'c paused for a moment before he began singing. "Every night in my dreams. I see you I feel you. That is how I know you go on..."

Sam groaned and buried her head in her hands. "Please Teal'c. You know I love to hear you sing but if you continue with that song I may have to jump overboard."

"But then Jack would stop you" Daniel pointed out.

"I would?"

"Remember in the movie, Rose goes to jump and Jack stops her."

"Oh yeah!" Jack grabbed Sam around the waist, pulling her to him. "I've got you. I won't let go" he said, quoting the movie.

The whole boat, including Teal'c, laughed. "Does that mean I get to stand on the front of the boat now?" Sam asked.

"NO!" Daniel shouted.

"Ah stop being a spoilsport Danny. Let the gal have some fun" Jack replied as he helped Sam stand up. "Danny, you may wanna move to the back of the boat to balance it."

"I'm gunna drown" Daniel repeated to himself as he moved to the back of the boat.

With Jack's help, Sam was soon standing on the bow, arms outstretched.

"I'm flying Jack" Sam said in a terrible English accent. Laughing, Jack stepped up behind her, holding her around her waist as they imitated the scene.

Suddenly, the boat stopped, the bow digging into a sand bar. With a squeal, Sam and Jack were thrown forward, landing tangled together in the shallow water.

"Are you alright?" Jack asked, pulling Sam up so she wouldn't drown.

"I'm fine" she panted out in between giggles.

"Hey Jack and Rose ended up in the water too!" Jack pointed out, watching as Sam slowly calmed down.

"Yeah but not quite that soon. A lot of other things happened first." Sam was suddenly aware of how close Jack was.

"That's right. They got to dance..." Jack got up and pulled Sam to her feet. Out of the corner of his eye he could see that Daniel and Teal'c were attempting to dislodge the boat from the sand bar. He pulled Sam to him and started swaying. "And they got to kiss." With a hand on the back of her head, Jack pulled Sam's mouth to his, giving her a deep kiss, full of promise.

"And they got to make love" Sam breathed when they pulled apart.

Jack looked at her for a moment to see if she was serious. He gave her another passionate kiss before running over to Daniel and Teal'c. "We've gotta get this off so we can get back to camp ASAP!" He said, tugging at the boat. Sam laughed at him before going over to help. The sooner they got the boat dislodged, the sooner they could continue recreating movie scenes. There was one scene in particular she was looking forward to recreating.



THE END