samandjack.net

Story Notes: NOTES: It's only here on threat of no music. I like my friends. And my life!!

THANKS: Ummmm....2 the gr8 stargate writers, actors, producers, crew - all those who make it happen!

Feedback: If u want. Yeah.

Ok, so here it is.


'I can't take it anymore! What if that were -' Sam stopped short from completing the sentence, and closed her eyes in an attempt to calm down. Jack took three giant steps over to her and stood inches away from her face.

'If that were who, Carter?' Sam looked at the floor.

'Carter.' He lowered his voice. She still didn't respond.

'Carter.'

'Sam.' She looked up at him, shocked. He never used her name; it was almost a taboo for them. It was getting too close, the one thing they couldn't afford.

'If that were who, Sam?' He repeated, using her first name again. She looked up into his dark brown eyes.

'You,' she said almost inaudibly. She looked back down at the floor again and closed her eyes, struggling to hold the inevitable tears in. He took her chin in his hand and moved her face up to his.

He just stared into her eyes, wishing beyond belief that he could say all the things he wanted to, but couldn't. So he just stared. He knew she knew what he was saying.

She couldn't hold it in anymore. The tears spilled down her face, her eyes still closed. Jac just stared at her and wiped a tear away from her cheek.

They just stood there for a minute, just staring.

'I will never leave you, Sam.'

'Don't make promises you can't keep.'

He pulled her in for a hug. 'I intend to keep that one.'

'I'm glad.'

They pulled apart. 'Think you'll survive a little longer without me, Carter?'

She knew exactly what he was asking. She stared straight back at him, straightened and smiled. 'Yes, Sir.'

He smiled back at her, and the PA system broke into their thoughts. 'Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter to the Briefing room. Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter to the Briefing room.'

'That's us.'

'Sure is, Sir.'

'Ladies first,' he said as he motioned for her to go. She smiled and too his offer. He followed her out of the room, still with a small smile on his face. If anyone had seen them for the following minute or so, you'd swear they were sharing a private joke.

In a way, they were.

*****The End!*****



End Notes: Ok, so if u liked it, tell me. If you didn't, tell me. If you don't have an opinion, tell me. :D

Feather