samandjack.net

Story Notes: OK, This is inspired by a comment made on the Sam/Jack list. The look they give each other at the end of the ep is my fav look of all time! So, here we go…


She’s just standing there, staring at me. Right through me. Into my very soul.

She’s never looked at me that way before. It’s so intense, but never in the way I would have imagined.

Please Sam, don’t hate me. Forgive me, please.

‘I take it, Colonel, you were unable to procure any of the Eurondan technology?’

Dragging my eyes away from hers as best as I can I answer the General.

‘That's correct, Sir.’

‘I'm sorry to hear that.’

I know Sam is thinking exactly the same thing as the General. Yes, they could have saved us, but at what price to our integrity? Her eyes are fixed to the floor, at some point near my boots, as if she’s afraid to look at me.

‘Don't be,’ is the only reply I can manage. Don’t be sorry about it Sam. I did it for our planet, for you.

Her eyes raise to mine and I can’t read them. I hate that. Usually I can tell what she’s thinking straight away, but I cant. At a guess, Id say its along the lines of, ‘I hate you Colonel; why did you screw our chances to save the planet; what did you take hat opportunity away from me? Etc etc…

I can’t, no matter how hard I try, take my eyes away from hers. I’m trying to let her know, why I did it, how sorry I am that she wont be able to wrap her wonderful mind around some new technology.

‘We'll debrief in one hour.’

I flick my eyes over to Hammonds for just a second to reply.

‘Yes, Sir.’

She stands there looking at me for what seems an eternity, when in reality its only actually about 5 seconds. She nods ever so slightly and then turns away from me. I hate it when she does that. Whenever she walks away from me it feels like someone is ripping out my heart and stamping on it right in front of me. Especially this time.

I cant move, my legs feel like dead weights, simply because I know I’ve hurt her. Shown a side of myself to her that I never wanted her to know about. Watching her walk away is so hard, but I try and keep myself passive. No one apart from the two of us can ever know how much I hurt her, shocked her, and maybe even scared her. And no one ever will.

***

That’s it!! I’ve done it!! Finito!! Hope you’ve enjoyed it, and as always…………FEEDBACK me!!! J

14/10/2002