samandjack.net

Story Notes: NOTES: I have no idea what came over me. This is so not gonna happen! But I had fun writing it.

E-MAIL: bluejello_em@yahoo.com


Kissing Colones


The big day, the one they'd been waiting for for ages, had finally arrived. Carter had been promoted and they were officially no longer in the same chain of command. Which meant he could properly congratulate her, as soon as the ceremony was over. To her surprise, they'd managed to keep their hands off each other for all of ten minutes it took them to reach the elevator. She suspected Dad's presence on base was a key factor.

"You know... I just realized something," she said when they'd finally come up for air. "I've never made out with a Colonel before. Alien influences aside..."

Oh, Jack could have told her otherwise but he figured this wasn't the best time to bring up those loops he'd taken off.

"Jack, this is the part where you say: "Neither have I."

"Well... you're a Lieutenant Colonel. Besides..."

His silence was beginning to intrigue her. Was there any lady Colonel she should know about?

"Besides... what?"

He took a deep breath, like he was about to dive into some deep, murky water.

"There was this party... We were really, really, really, REALLY drunk. Cromwell was wearing some kind of dress, only God knows why... And there was probably some stupid bet involved."

He'd never seen her eyes go so wide before. Ever. She was desperately trying not to laugh but her facial muscles just wouldn't listen.

"Oh. My. God... You *didn't*"

"According to some twenty SFs, I did. Of course, we had to kill them all once the booze wore off."

Most men she knew would have died before ever admitting to that, no matter how severley hammered they'd been. Life with this guy promised to be... interesting.

"So... was he better than I am?" she whispered into his ear.

"How can I tell after just one little kiss? I'll need some serious, conclusive evidence..." he said suggestively. "And we only have two more levels to go."

"You're wrong. You have your whole life to do research."

He liked that. He liked that a lot. So he decided he wasn't going to waste another moment.

The End.