samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers/ Season: Daniel’s still alive

Feedback: Sure

Disclaimers: Everything belongs to the wonderful people who make the show.


The first time a cool wind passed the back of her neck Sam ignored it.

The second time she rubbed the back of her neck with her hand.

The third time it happened Sam turned around to see if anyone was there.

The fourth time she wondered what was going on.

By the fifth time she knew exactly what was happening. Sam picked up her phone and hit speed dial.

“Fraiser.” The voice on the other end sounded.

“Hi Janet its Sam.”

“Hi. How’s everything going have you made any progress?”

“A little. In your medical guidelines does it anything about sedating CO’s for not allowing their 2IC’s to do any work?”

“What’s Colonel O’Neill done this time?”

“Maybe you should ask him yourself he’s lurking outside the door. Colonel you can come in you know.” She called over her shoulder.

“How did you know it was me?” He asked stepping into the lab.

“Hang on a second. So Janet?”

“Do you really want me to sedate him because he’s bored and your next mission isn’t for another three days?” Janet asked.

“I’ll get back to you on that. I’ll talk to you later.” Sam hung up the phone and swivelled around on her chair to face her CO.

“So how did you know it was me?” He asked again.

“Lots of reasons. Mainly with all due respect sir the fact that you’re the only one I know childish enough to do that.”

“Hey!! You said mainly there were other reasons.”

“Yes sir. Firstly I recognised your footsteps. Secondly, I saw your reflection in the computer monitor and thirdly…”

“And thirdly?” He promoted.

“You really shouldn’t borrow my post mission shower gel sir. Subordinates tend to find Colonel’s smelling of Gardenia’s a little less than seriously.”

“Hey it’s not my fault Daniel used all mine.” Jack protested.

“Yes sir. And with your permission sir, since you broke my concentration I’m going to go and get some Jello.”

“Go.” He picked up a wrench off the desk and started to fiddle with it.

“Do you want to come sir? Unless you have something better to do.” She hid her smile.

“No Jello’s good.” He smiled and followed her.