samandjack.net

Story Notes: Hi there! This is my first ever fan fiction and I'm posting it NOW before I change my mind (again!). Its a completely frivolous piece of fluff that came to me a couple of weeks ago when the British weather got too depressing for words. I would like to thank Dee for all her advice and encouragement and without whom this would never have seen the light of day! This is my first fan fiction, so all feedback and constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated. No flames please.


She looked at him, he looked at her and time seemed to stop. They'd been through so much together, both almost died more than once. He lifted his hand to her face, gently caressing her cheek. "Sam"

"Yes, Jack"

He leaned towards her, looking deep into her eyes. Their lips met and everything else ceased to exist.



*



"Sam... Sam... Wake up!"

"What?"

She slowly opened her eyes, squinting against the brightness into the smiling bespectacled face of Daniel Jackson.

"Some dream you were having - want to tell me about it?"

She felt herself beginning to blush, unable to forget the feeling of Jack's embrace. She smiled at him weakly.

"Not really, its kind of embarrassing"

"I get it. One of those dreams where you're running around with no clothes on."

"Pretty much." She took a deep breath, mentally shook herself and asked Daniel what he wanted.

"The General wants SG1 in his office. He didn't say why"

She dressed quickly, wondering what was so important that it couldn't wait until morning. She was the last member of SG1 to arrive. Teal'c nodded to her as she entered, Daniel turned and smiled but Jack just kept staring at the wall, oblivious to her.

"Well people, we've got a problem", began the General. He went on to describe the hostile planet where SG4 were now held prisoners and outlined the proposed rescue mission. Sam was having difficulty concentrating on the briefing, her eyes kept drifting to Jack who hadn't made one wisecrack, or even moved since she'd entered the room. The General was finishing his talk, she tried to concentrate on SG4 and their problems but the memory of the kiss of her commanding officer kept coming back. This was ridiculous, she was behaving like an adolescent, it was only a dream... but such a vivid dream.

"Be ready to ship out in one hour. Good luck, SG1"

They all stood up to leave. Daniel turned to face the rest of the team.

"What's with you two? I don't think either of you heard half of that briefing."

Sam looked at Daniel then at Jack. Teal'c raised an eyebrow.

"You got me up in the middle of the night, what do you expect?" said Sam with more defiance than she felt.

Jack sighed, "Sorry guys, I had this really wild dream. Pretty disturbing actually"

At the mention of dreams Daniel turned towards Sam. Jack noticed the look that passed between them.

"Am I missing something here?"

"No" Sam spat out, "absolutely not"

"But Sam..." Daniel pleaded to the rapidly disappearing back of Captain Samantha Carter. Daniel shook his head and shrugged.

"So, Jack. This wild dream... what was it about?"

Still staring at the doorway Jack answered him. "A woman, Danny. It was about a woman"



*



Sam was in the Science Lab getting her gear together for the mission but her mind was not on the job in hand. If anyone had asked her the day before if she found Jack O'Neill attractive she would have said yes, sure, he was tall, handsome, in great physical shape and had nice brown eyes but no, she definitely did not think of him in that way. But now she was thinking of him like that and it was all because of one dream. She wanted him to kiss her, run his hands over her, hell, she wanted him to make love to her. How was she going to deal with this? Totally immersed in thought she didn't hear the door open and Jack walk in. When he put his hand on her shoulder she swung round to face him.

"Sir?"

"Captain"

He seemed hesitant, the normal bravado gone. He opened his mouth to speak and looked away, embarrassed. Turning back to her, he didn't seem like their strong commanding officer, he looked uncertain, almost frightened...

"Captain... Samantha. I dreamt about you"

A smile slowly crept over Sam's face.

She looked at him, he looked at her and time seemed to stop. They'd been through so much together, both almost died more than once. He lifted his hand to her face, gently caressing her cheek. "Sam"

"Yes, Jack"

He leaned towards her, looking deep into her eyes. Their lips met and everything else ceased to exist.



The End