samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: meaghan@stargatesg1.com

Status: complete

Category: SJR

Rating: PG I guess, may be M

Warnings: m/f

Season/Sequel info: Third season

Spoilers: First season

Archive: SJA, heliopolis, and anyone else your welcome to it just ask.

Feedback: please I love that beeping that means "You've got mail"

Summary: Sam and Jacks wedding day is upon them, but Sam's weird mood swings threatens to destroy their happiness

Disclaimer: No sorry. In my dreams. Stargate SG1 And its characters are the property of Showtime, double secret production, Gekko Productions, MGM/UA. No infringement or copyright intended.

Authors Notes: This is my first posted Fanfic. I have several on paper in my lecture books but its such an effort to type them up. Especially when I am supposed o be studing for Uni exams. Oh well Sam and Jack beat Genetics, Chemistry and Physics any day. Also thanks to Jez for reading this and then betaing it, as well as providing great inspiration to continue writing.

July 2000 Meaghan B


*SAM*




Oh my god! They're the only three words to describe what's about to happen. It can't happen, it won't happen, I won't let it happen, I'm not ready yet. I can feel the sweat running down my back, why am I so scared? People do this everyday. It's nothing to be worried about.

"Calm down Sam, take it easy" Janet says.

HA! She should try this sometime. How did this happen!




*--------------*

7 months earlier

*JACK*




For crying out loud I've done it again. I've upset her for the tenth time this week. It's not like I meant it. She has just been so moody lately, and I can't stand it. Maybe it's nerves, I'm sure it is, especially if she's freaking out as much as I am. This is really getting out of hand. She's just seen me sitting here and she turns and walks the other way. Great! We're are going to have a great life together if this is the way we act after a stupid disagreement! All I said is that we shouldn't do a research mission to P1Z742 because we really didn't have time. The next thing I know she's telling me just because I don't understand her science and her passion for scientific data doesn't mean that I should try and stop her. That knocked me back about 20 paces Geez! Then she walked out of the room and I haven't seen her since then. What am I supposed to do?




*SAM*




Great. Now I've done it. I've screwed things up again. Well and truly his time, I think. Maybe if I just tell him I'm sorry, really really sorry he'll forgive me for yelling at him. Huh- this is Jack- so maybe not. I just don't know what has come over me, but he *was* right- we really don't have time for a research mission. Especially not with the wedding this Sunday. Great- I hope he's forgiven me by then- I'd hate to have him in a bad mood on our big day. God I love him!




*DANIEL*




Oh NO! That's all I can say. Now they're avoiding each other and Sam is back in her quarters. They still don't know I know about her sneaking in there, but that's not a good sign- in any culture. I wonder what happened, I really wonder. All I know is that yesterday Sam came into my lab and started babbling something through tears. I know 23, languages but do you think I could decipher female tear babble? No way! All I got was "I've stuffed up!" umm not much to go on. Only when I noticed Sam back in her quarters, did I figure something more than 'I've stuffed up' happened.




*SAM*




I'm going to apologise- sincerely, totally. I'm walking towards his room. I knock.

"Jack, are you there it's me Sam"

"Come in Major" Oh no- major not a good sign

"Jack, listen all I want to say is I'm really sorry about everything, the way I've acted lately. I really don't know what's up with me."

"Hmmm."

"Hmmm, is that all you have to say? I come here to apologize to you and all I get is an hmmm!"

"Sorry, would you have liked an arr instead?"

"Jack, for crying out loud! I really don't like fighting with you, I hate fighting with you. Please, I'm really sorry about all the snide remarks, the dirty looks, everything."

"Sam, you've yelled at me, screamed at me and accused me of not caring about your scientific work...."

"I didn't mean that. It was a slip of the tongue, you're allowed to have them"

" Oh yeah, like what Sam, when have I ever degraded you or your work here?"

"Damn you Jack O'niell- I'm here to apologize, we're getting married in three days. We can't still be fighting then or what's going to happen huh? I'll tell you nothing that's what. Come Sunday if we're still fighting nothing's going to happen!"

And with that I stormed out of his room, slamming the door with all the force I could.




*TEAL'C*




Daniel Jackson had informed me that earth women turn nasty when angry. By nasty does he mean slamming a door, kicking the wall and muttering obscene words about ones CO? I'll have to ask, but that's what Major Carter was doing as she ran into me in the corridor.

"Major Carter what seems to be troubling you?"

"What is troubling me? No no no Teal'c not me. What is troubling him in there?" She pointed to Colonel O'Neill's quarters

"The Colonel?"

"Yes the colonel, Jack O'Neill, the kindest most loving man, my fiance. God Teal'c why do I have to ruin everything?"

At this point the major started crying and ran into the elevator. I will never understand earth women!




*JACK*




Why, huh? Why couldn't you just say "That's fine now lets get married."? Noo, you had to say-hmmm- smart one colonel. Now you have lost her for good. How the hell am I ever going to make this up to her in three days? I have no idea, but I have to. I can't let her get away, I'll have to live with the mood swings.




*JANET*




I'll kill him, really I am going to kill him. How dare he do this to her- 2 days out from the wedding. Sure she hasn't been herself lately but who is when they are about to marry their CO? She came to me three days ago, crying, shaking, sick basically. She asked what was wrong and I told her that I don't think there is any medical term for nerves, pre- wedding jitters maybe. She told me that she wasn't nervous, she was thrilled, but the massive mood swings of hers were killing her, and Jack. So I took some blood and told her I'd run some tests to make sure. The results should be in tomorrow, and I think I know exactly what it will say- nothing. But he better make this up to her, and soon. I'm not getting all primped and prissyed just to have them not go through with it. Huh- I better talk to him myself.




*SAM*




Why did I say that? I have no idea why I gave him an ultimatum. God am I so stupid? Yes, because I am throwing away the best thing that ever happened to me. Damn him for being so loveable. What am I supposed to do now? Oh great, the tears are coming, hell another mood swing. Why, why, why?




*DANIEL*




"Sam, are you in there- it's Daniel" No duh you moron.

"It's open you can come in." She doesn't sound too good and as I walked in I got the proof. What an awful sight, Sam was laying on her bed with photo albums sprawled across the room.

"Sam, uh what are you doing?"

"Thinking of the good times, hoping like hell that they'll be back by Sunday."

On her bed were photos of her and Jack, SG-1, her and Jack, Jack and her. She was seriously depressed.

"Um Sam- what happened if you don't mind me asking?"

"Daniel, that's just it. I really don't know. It just seems that 8 weeks ago I changed!"

Hell yeah- we had all noticed that, the mood swings, the tiredness, everything.

"Look Daniel- this is at our engagement. Our real one not our 'official' one. Have you ever seen Jack like that before?"

"Yes Sam, the day he showed me the ring- before he asked you."

I saw the stunned look on her face.

"You knew?"

"Yeah Sam- I'd known for awhile."

Then she started to cry. That's something I've never seen before, that time in my lab was angry tears, but this, she was really upset.

"Daniel you have to help me."

"Uh me- do what?"

"Fix everything. Heal the rift with Jack."

"Okay Sam, sure."

Okay, now why did I say that? Again, I am way over my head.




*JACK*




Okay, okay, okay how to fix things with Sam. Ummm thinking, thinking. Flowers, lotsa flowers. No that's not her style a new zat gun is her style. I guess I could always give her my wedding present. I need to show her how much I really do care. Oh Man I am going to need some help. Great, now whose that knocking at my door? Please don't let it be Sam, I still need time to think.

"Colonel, I have to talk to you!" Crap its Janet and she sounds pissed.

"Come in Doc."

"Listen Colonel, bef........."

"Janet, please don't start on me. I've spent all night thinking, since it happened, and most of today figuring out what to do. I'm really lost all I can think of is her."

"Colonel, that's all you need, think of her and you should find the answer."

What this woman was talking about I really don't understand, she's Sam's best friend she should know something.

"Uh Doc- come again?"

"Colonel what makes you love Sam?"

"The better question would be what doesn't, everything, her soft blonde hair, her crystal clear blue eyes, her sense of humor, her amazing talent for science, just her Doc."

Oh crap- I just sounded sensitive in front of Janet Fraiser- wait until everyone finds out.

"Can you help me please? I have an idea but I'll need your help"

"Um- Okay Jack anything for Sam"




*DANIEL*




Why did I agree to help Sam make up with Jack? I'll never know.




*JANET*




Why did I agree to help Jack make up with Sam? I'll never know.




*SAM*




Please let this work. I love him so much.




*JACK*




Please let this work. I love her so much.




*TEALC*




Where'd everybody go?




*JANET*




Oh no! This is a problem. I have to tell Sam the result of her blood tests, but I can't let her know about Jacks plan yet. Um, how on earth am I going to do this? I'll just have to tell her. The results will probably shock her into a coma- hell they made me read them three times before I believed it. This is either going to sort things out between them or cause a big problem. Oh what the hell, I'll have to tell her before the wedding tomorrow. I spent all last night with the colonel, figuring out what to do, stage one of the plan is already in action, I hope!




*JACK*




Hope this works.




*SAM*




As I walked into my quarters I got the surprise of my life. There on my dresser were twelve long stemmed roses. A picture was next to it of Jack and I on our second date. A note on the back said 'why love your CO?' Boy was I confused, but I guess it did its job because I ran straight to the briefing room and forgot about my plan. As I walked in I got another shock- there was the stuffed bear I won from the carnival when I beat him on the shooting gallery. It was holding a picture with a note attached said-'I'm not here'.




*JACK*




I had to get off the base whilst my plan was in action, well the first part anyway, so I could set up the second part. Since we're on down time it was easy to get away without to much suspicion, but Teal'c wanted to come, broke the poor guys heart when I said no- but I have to fix the heart of the women I love. I pull the car up to the meeting spot. I hope she gets here on time.




*DANIEL*




Oh no! I've lost Jack. After our little morning meeting he disappeared. I've got to find Sam or she's going to flip.




*JANET*




I found Sam in the locker room crying. She seems to be doing a lot of that lately. I noticed beside her was a stuffed bear, a photo frame, a model of DNA, a photo, a toy car and a note. Obviously the plan was working. Only one thing was missing and I had to give that to her. But first to tell her the results of her blood test.

"Sam- hey there what's the matter?"

"Janet-everything, look at what he's done to make this up to me when it's all my fault, I just wish I could find him so I could..."

"Enough information."

"Sorry."

"Sam, um I have some news for you. Whether it's good or not I really don't know."

"What, what's the matter has something happened to Jack?"

"No but I got your blood work back. Sam..."

"Yeah, so is it pre-wedding jitters?"

"You could call it that I guess, but Sam..."




*SAM*




What!? I shake my head, roll my eyes and ask again. "What did you say?" I asked dreading the answer will be the same. "Sam, your pregnant- 8 weeks, I'm guessing maybe 9 or 10." Of course that's when it all started, the mood swings, the need for food, the tiredness, but being pregnant never crossed my mind. "Wow- that's great I have to Jack, if I can ever find him!"

"Here I think this will help." She handed me an envelope and walked out. This was too weird. I opened the envelope, inside was a picture of us at our engagement and a letter, or rather a map. On the bottom was written 'be here by 5:00pm please. Love CO." I stood grabbed my jacket and car keys, ran out the door and into the elevator.




*JANET*




The last thing I saw- Sam running into the elevator. Good. It worked better than Jack or I could ever had expected.




*DANIEL*




I got to the elevator in time. How on earth was I going to tell her Jacks gone? "Daniel!" She sounds surprised. "Sam- um I've lost him!" Good going. "Doesn't matter plans cancelled space monkey." with that she pushed me out of the elevator, and left me with a sprained ankle.




*JACK*




It's 4:50pm and times running out. I hope she makes it, I've set up the blanket, the food and the lights just perfect. Now all I need is her to turn up.




*SAM*




4:55pm, I've got five minutes and two turns to go I think. What the hell has he got planned for me? All I can see are houses, trees, more houses and more trees. Whatever his surprise is I'm sure mines better. I turn the final corner and see it. I park my car behind his and get out. Why am I here, why are we here? Then I see a picnic dinner set up by the rug, KFC good one Jack. Next to the bucket of chicken is the photo- our alternate selves wedding photo. On the back is written 'I knew it had to happen some day and tomorrow it will- Samantha Carter marry me please- Jack'




*JACK*




As I stand behind a tree, I hear her say the words or word I've wanted. Yes, she said yes. I ran up to her and picked her up and spun her around. Then I kissed her. The most amazing, wonderful, passionate kiss since the first time we kissed. She pulled away from me.

"Jack what are we doing here?"

"If you don't know then we're in trouble."

"No, here this place?"

"Sam, I hope you don't mind but I want to give you your wedding present now. Well part of it anyway."

"Really, cause I brought mine to."




*DANIEL*




"Janet? Hey where are you? I need some help."

Ow, ow, ow- I've been zatted, shot and had a ribbon device stuck on my head. Yet I still complain over a sprained ankle.

"I'm coming- Daniel what's the problem?"

"The ferocious beast known as Carter pushed me out of the elevator."

"Oh so that was you huh? Serve yourself right standing in the way of true love and your bound to get hurt." "Huh?"

"She was going to find Jack."

"On level one?" "Above ground Daniel-he's showing her his wedding present..."

"Oh stop to much information." With that she had me on the bed and started to strap my ankle.

"Stop hurting me Janet!"

"Settle down space monkey or I'll sedate you."

"Ooh now I'm scared wouldn't be the first time."

And that's as much detail as I'm prepared to go into here, but lets just say there is another secret the base grape vine can natter about for sometime.




*SAM*




"Oh my god Jack, this is ours. This block of land here, and that house I loved, you got me a house as a wedding gift." I laid down next to him on the rug as he fed me chocolate mousse- dessert.

"Yeah, I know how much you loved that house, and this estate so I put the two together for you. And the house is big enough so we won't have to move if and when we decide to have kids" Those words stopped me, I was so thrilled about my present I forgot about his, how could I do that.

"Um Jack- when do you want to have kids?" Here we go.

"As soon as you think you're ready. I mean we're ready. I'd like kids ASAP but you have this great career going at the moment."

"Jack do you mean that."

"Sure I do, why what's the problem?" Okay here I go-

"Jack, uh I'm pregnant!"




*JACK*




What the! Am I hearing right? No somehow I don't think so, but just to be on the safe side.

"Uh sorry, I thought I just heard you say you were pregnant?"

"Jack- I am, Janet told me this afternoon, right before she gave me the map."

"Oh Sam, this is great, wonderful we're getting married tomorrow and in 9 months we'll be a family."

"No actually we won't."

Oh no what is she talking about? After everything now she doesn't want to marry me.

"Jack- I can see you're confused?"

"But what do you mean?"

"WE get married tomorrow and in 7 months we become a family- if you want me to get scientific I could tell you that I am..."

I grabbed her and I kissed her. I've never loved someone this much before. Sarah was like, I dunno, we were so similar but Sam and I we're total opposites with two things in common. Our love and the SGC.




*DANIEL*




"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like you to welcome Mr Jack O'Neill and Mrs. Samantha Carter-O'Neill" Okay so she decided to hyphenate her name. As I sat down and watched the two of them enter the courtyard I knew that this would be forever. They started to dance to a song, something about I knew I loved you before I met you or something like that. But as they were dancing something caught my attention. Jack held Sam in his arms then patted her stomach. He whispered something in her ear that made her laugh and she patted her stomach as well. Sam's pregnant- nope that can't be right. Maybe it can- mood swings, tiredness, eating more. I'll have to ask the one person who'll know, and I must say the second most beautiful in the room.




*JANET*




Sam looks so beautiful, that white dress is so perfect. It fits her figure well, yet it's not to prissy or powder-puffy, perfect. Her hair has cream miniature roses through it with a veil attached to a clip of roses holding her hair in place. Gorgeous, nothing else could describe her at this point. And Jack- well he's wearing a tux and a top hat, they had to have something to cover Teal'cs symbol and he looks so smart in it, and Daniel looks ever so cute as well. I wonder where he is?

"Sam looks wonderful doesn't she, luckily she still fits into the dress huh?"

"Yeah, she hasn't really started showing yet!" Oops, the minute the words exited my mouth my hands were out trying to shove them back in again. Stupid, stupid, stupid, I turned to the person who tricked the truth out of me

"Daniel- how'd... why'd... when...?"

"Janet- guessed, you knew and about 5 min ago, is it true then?"

"Yeah in 7 months Sam's going to be a mom"




---------------------------------------------------------------------

Present

*SAM*




"Calm down Sam, take it easy." Yet again Janet tells me this. I look around the room. There's a nurse, Janet, Jack and me.

"Okay Sam" I'm starting to hate her voice "On the next one I want you to push with all you've got okay?" I reach out and take Jacks hand, he tells me that soon, real soon we'll have a baby. Thank god he's been through this before. I feel the next contraction and I squeeze Jacks hand.

"Push now Sam," Janet says.

"I am" is all that escapes my mouth

"Stop Sam, okay on the next one the baby will be out okay?"

"Great can I go now?" I really just want to sleep, goddamn who goes into labor at 11pm at night. Ow, ow, ow, here we go last one.

"Push Sam!"

"Oh my God." and I squeeze the life out of Jacks hand. And then it's over. I hear a cry-a baby's cry and all I can think of is that's our baby- mine and Jack's.

"Jack- what is it?"

"A baby Sam- and your supposed to be the scientist!" I could have killed him there and then if I had a M16 handy.

"No Jack, a boy or a girl- owwww!"

Now I do believe that's not supposed to happen, it certainly felt like another contraction.

"Uh Janet I think I just had another... oww!"

Oh no not again

"Sam umm, how to tell you this- there's another baby on the way so next contraction Sam push and this one will be out as well."




*JACK*




Okay, I ain't no scientist or gynaecologist but I do believe only one baby is supposed to come out. And now Sam is screaming with pain from another contraction and Janet tells us another baby is coming.

"What!?" Sam and I scream together

"Yeah-uh seems another O'Neill wants to make an appearance and it's already crowned so a few more pushes and this one'll be here too."

Um no. We planned for one, only one, not two. How the hell will we cope with two? Plus my hand can't stand another contraction.

"Jack give me your hand please?" Um sure, I think.

"Okay Sam push now!"

Ow my hand, my hand, my hand , my hand- god she's so strong does she realize this, and how much this hurts. What the hell am I talking about? She's giving birth to our second child.

"Uh Sam Honey, you okay about this, we've got two!"

"I dunno Jack- I don't think I want two lets just keep this one in for later huh? Like I have a choice!" Okay shutting up now

"After all Jack this is your fault!" Trying to leave the room now but Sam still has a good grip.

"Sam- last one push"

Okay lost feeling in my left arm. Then it happens, the sound that makes all this seem worthwhile. A cry, a baby's cry.

"Sam- sweetie, funnily enough it's another baby"

"Very funny Jack- what is it, umm they?"

"I dunno I'll go look" Just then Janet walks over baby #1 in her arms

"No need- Sam and Jack welcome your daughter"

"Jack she's beautiful" Sam holds her. What a sight, she looks so happy.

"And baby #2 is another little girl for daddy," and Janet hands over my daughter. Sam and my daughter, wow I never though this day would happen.




*JANET*




I looked towards the bed- there was a Kodak moment if ever I saw one. Mom with a baby and dad on the other end of the bed with the other baby. I don't think either Sam or Jack could be more happier.

"Hey- Janet all over?" Daniel sticks his head in the door.

"Yeah but I don't know whether they're ready for visitors yet."

"Well they have to be, we need to know!"

And with that walked in Daniel, Teal'c, General Hammond with Jacob Carter bringing up the rear. I really don't know who had the best look on their face when Jack turned around. Sam had just finished showing off baby #1 when Jack returned with #2 in his arms. Daniel started to stutter, Teal'c's eyebrow went into orbit, General Hammond was obviously in shock and Jacob, well he just smiled and gave Sam a kiss on her forehead. "Congratulations, Sam your mother would be proud."

"Sorry to break this up, but Sam and Jack, uh I will need a name for both babies" I jump in hopefully, breaking the silence.




*SAM*




I was still in shock from discovering we had twins to think of names, but Janet needed to ID them and she didn't want to have to put #1 and #2 on their cribs.

"Well we already have one name- Kathryn..." I started.

"Hell it took us 7 months to get that one," Jack quipped.

"Jack what if we call one of them Charlotte."

Right then and there I though he would cry. I saw the look in his eyes and it was like the night he asked me to marry him on P3X471.




*JACK*




So was settled, Sam was holding baby #1 now known as Kathryn Samantha O'Neill and I was holding baby #2 Charlotte Jane O'Neill. I really couldn't have been happier. General Hammond had brought his camera so as soon as the twins were fed, changed, and dressed we had a big photo session. Sam, me and the twins, Sam and the twins, me and the twins, SG1 and the twins, Jacob, Sam and the twins, General, me and the twins, Teal'c and the twins, Daniel and the twins, and the twins. Could life get any better? I'd have to say no. I have a beautiful wife and two gorgeous daughters.




*SAM*




I am so happy- one problem when will I sleep!?




*JANET*




DNA test confirmed it- identical twins. Good luck Major and Colonel




*TEAL'C*




They are so happy, they deserve it




*DANIEL*




This worked out perfectly.




*JACOB*




My daughter is a mother and I have copies of the photos to take back with me. Sam I wish you luck.




*GENERAL HAMMOND*




What Next!?



***************

Finish



End Notes: Did you like it Huh. Please tell me meaghan@stargatesg1.com