samandjack.net

Story Notes: AUTHOR NOTES: Just another day in the life of SG1, told from General Hammond's POV.

* * for thoughts

FEEDBACK: Yes please, I would like to know what you think, first attempt at a short piece.
alb.jo.vb@paradise.net.nz

DATE: 19-9-03


Part of the 10%


General George Hammond was standing at the base of the ramp in the gateroom, waiting for his premier team to return from a routine mission. Whenever possible he liked to welcome the SG teams home, especially SG1. About 90% of the missions SG1 completed were routine, and so the debriefing was routine. It was the other 10% that made debriefing interesting. *Which will this be?* he wondered.

The first to appear through the active Stargate was Teal'c, with an uncharacteristic smile on his face. Right behind him was Jonas Quinn, grinning from ear to ear.

"Gentlemen, what is so amusing?" George asked, wondering if an alien virus was responsible for the smile on Teal'c's face.

Jonas looked at Teal'c and started laughing. Teal'c responded, "GeneralHammond, all will be revealed."

Just then two figures exited the 'gate, two vaguely human figures covered in a thick, viscous mud. Each step was accompanied by slurping sounds, leaving behind muddy bootprints. "Hello sir," the figure on the left said, walking down the ramp towards the men gathered at the base.

"Major Carter?" George queried, shaking his head at the sight before him.

"Yes sir," the figure on the left replied, the white of her teeth showing briefly as she attempted to smile. She quickly decided that was a bad idea, as she got a taste of the mud around her face.

He turned to the other mud-covered figure in front of him, asking, "Colonel, what happened here?"

"Ah sir, the short version is, well, we fell into a puddle. A very large, muddy puddle," Colonel Jack O'Neill replied, his arms spread wide. Long threads of mud hung off his arms, and fell to the floor.

George shook his head. "I won't ask how that happened just yet. Debrief at 1600 hours. I would suggest that you both shower before reporting to the infirmary. Dismissed," he said, turning to leave the gateroom. *As always, life is never dull with SG1 around. This counts as part of the 10%.*

As he turned into the hallway, Jack's voice could be heard, "So Carter, wanna share a shower?" He chuckled to himself, as he kept walking, not waiting to hear Sam's reply. *Definitely part of the 10%."

************************



End Notes: Told you it was short, feedback appreciated.

alb.jo.vb@paradise.net.nz