samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers: Season 7 when Jack gets cloned by the Asguard.


Before Jonathon left the SGC for the last time there was something he had to tell Sam. He didnt know if these were his feelings or his older selfs feelings but he had to tell her. He was a clone of of Jack after all, so there was no reason why he couldnt tell her, was there?

"Come in" she called after he knocked on her door."Jonathon" she said a welcoming smile on her face"I thought you'd left already?" "Trying to get rid of me Major?" he said a mock hurt expression on his face. God, he was so obviously Jack. Only he could have thought of something like that. she just raised her eyebrow in response. "I just came to say goodbye, if thats allright" he said then took a deep breath to prepare himself for what he was about to say "And to say that i love you" he blurted out "these arent just my feelings as well, I know Jack feels the same, as i'm him and I know you love him so would you stop messing about and tell him for cryin out loud!" with his little rambling speech done he ran out of her office unbeleiveably embarrassed but also very glad he'd told her.

In his wake he left 1 stunned Major Samantha Carter, her mouth hanging open in shock. It took her all of five seconds to recover and sprint down the corridor after him. "Jonthan" she yelled"wait a minute". He turned round and crossed his arms in front of him waiting for her to say something, still clearly embarrassed. "Does the Colonel know what you've just said to me?" "Ermm....well...." he squirmed under her intense gaze. "Well?" "Actually Major, it was me who put him up to it" Sam turned round coming to face-to-face with a very amused Jack O'Neill. "But..how?...why?"she stuttered, her brain a few seconds behind her mouth. "Y'know for someone so clever, you can be amazingly slow. It could be because............I meant it" An anguised look came across her face and she said "Sir, you know...." "We can't because of regs yada yada yada. Read this" Sam took the proffered envelope and began to read:

Dear Colonel Jonathon O'Neill,
I am pleased to inform that the fraternisation regulations regarding the relationship between yourself and Major Samantha Carter have been dismissed because of the particular work you do. General Hammond has also assured me that this will not affect the way your team is run,as the feelings would still be there. A duplicate of this letter has been sent to Major Carter.

All the best in your new relationship.

The President of the United States Of America.

She looked up with shock and a very large grin. "And seeing as though you dont appear to have been home in the last *3 weeks* i thought..." He was cut of mid sentence as Sams lips found his. Her arms wrapped around his neck and the letter dropped, forgotten, on the floor. Jonathon smiled, picked up his bag and walked out of the SGC for the last time.