samandjack.net

Story Notes: Category: songfic, reflections

Season: Between movie and COTG

Spoilers: None, but I did get my info from COTG/Cold Lazarus. Not any real spoilers, though.

Song info: "Solitaire" sung by Karen Carpenter. I don't own it.

Feedback: Please! As an aspiring writer, I would appreciate all constructive criticism. Or you could just tell me you love it! lol. Don't bother sending flames, because it's so hot out here right now, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the email, or the weather! :-) BIG THUMBS UP TO ROSEMARY FOR BETAING THIS:-)!!!

Enjoy!! babycakes_1488@hotmail.com


Solitaire
By, Jessie

*There was a man - A lonely man - Who lost his love - Through his indifference* He gave a sigh as he looked deep into the depths of his comforter, which was his beer bottle. She was gone. He couldn't blame her really, after all, he was responsible for the death of their son. The man threw back his head to capture the last drops of his alcohol. He missed her. *A heart that cared - That went unshared - Until it died - In the silence* Jack O'Neill drew himself up from the couch, steadying himself as the dizziness passed. Walking slowly past his discarded beer bottles, he allowed his unshed tears to fall. *Solitaires the only game in town - And every road that takes him, takes him down* He was alone, again. He shouldn't have taken the Abydos mission, he knew that now. He should have stayed with her. He had medals proclaiming his courage and bravery, but the now empty house stood as silent testimony to his cowardice. He had run away from her when they needed each other most. And now his love was gone. *And by himself it's easy to pretend - He'll never love again* From the moment he had met her, he had loved Sara with all his heart. When she accepted his proposal, he was, truly, the happiest man alive. This beautiful woman had chosen him! When Charlie came into their lives, his happiness was complete. He would never again love anyone like he had loved her. He had failed her; he hadn't been there for her. No matter what, Sara had always been his beacon in the darkness. No matter what his black ops training required of him, no matter what pain he had to endure or inflict, Sara was there. Always there to welcome him home. *And keeping to himself he plays the game - Without a love it always ends the same* He had been to the edge before, he had done things that haunted him, but none more so than the death of his son. Than the murder of his son. He felt guilty for letting Skaara and Daniel sneak in and bring him back from the edge. For making him feel again. He would be dead right now, if not for them.. Jack crawled into bed, immediately missing Sara's presence. "I'm sorry." He whispered softly. He longed for tomorrow. A new day, when the nightmares would be over. It was also another day he had to go it alone. He closed his eyes, preparing for the nightmares that haunted his sleep. Tomorrow would come to quickly. *While life goes on around him everywhere - He's playing solitaire*

The End