samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: gk_zietsman@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Not mine and never will be. Not for monetary gain only for sanity's sake.

A/N: I apologise in advance, I was bored.


**********************
Cocktail Party
**********************

Sam was attending a cocktail party at the Pentagon with the rest of SG1, they had been told to attend as a favor to the President who needed some good PR for the Stargate program. The only problem was that they had to split up and mingle, talking to all the top brass and people of influence etc, etc. She really hated these things!

Hearing someone at her elbow she turned and saw an old acquaintance from her days at the Pentagon, at last someone she knew, chatting to him she suddenly realized that he had no idea why they were there or where she worked, he was just there as an aide and most probably had not even heard of the Stargate. The only problem was he didn't stop talking, or maybe that wasn't such a problem, he constantly filled her in on all the people in the room, a walking encyclopedia of gossip. Just as she was about to make her excuses, he was starting to irritate her with all the name dropping and implying that he was 'in' on all the important people in the military, he started on someone new, "now this guy is the consummate soldier, brave, strong and incredibly secretive, he survived as a POW and is still going strong, rumor has it that he is working on a top secret project at the moment." Mike paused for breath

"oh really?" said Sam with a touch of sarcasm, but that really started her friend off, he went on to list the guy's attributes giving him such a glowing report you would have thought he could walk on water! 'He really has a bad case of hero worship' thought Sam.

Mike was in the middle of his story when he suddenly went quiet and Sam looked around to see what had made him stop. Colonel Jack O'Neill was approaching them and had obviously caused her friend to stop his chatter, half of which Sam had not been listening to anyway.

"Hello Mike", said Jack.

"Hey Jack, I was just telling the Major here all about your illustrious career" said Mike.

"Oh really, and were you impressed Major?" asked Jack.

"Oh utterly impressed sir, I think I fell in love with you during Mike's glowing report" said Sam with a grin on her face.

Mike looked at the two officers in front of him, "I'm sorry, Major Sam Carter, meet Colonel Jack O'Neill."

Sam and Jack looked at each other and the slight grin on his face and silent communication were completely understood by the other `lets have some fun with him'.

"Pleased to meet you Colonel" said Sam.

"Likewise Major" replied Jack, "so Major, did you really fall in love with me over Mike's report?"

Mike stood with his mouth open as he listened to the exchange between these two officers who he was sure hadn't met before.

"Oh yes Colonel, you must really be such a hero" Sam gushed, "I just love heroes!"

"Well in that case Major, I will just have to ask you to marry me!" Jack laughed.

"I will just have to accept then Colonel" said Sam leaning over to give Jack a kiss. Mike looked on with total panic, here were two Air Force officers, who had only just met, locked in an embrace in a room full of the top brass!

"Um excuse me Colonel, Major…" he tried to get their attention. He looked around panicked, now what?

Just as he was about to do something drastic they broke off the kiss and turned to him with a smile on their faces, "Mike, thank you that was fun, but may I introduce, Major Samantha Carter-O'Neill, my wife."

"Oh…" was all a totally astonished Mike could get out of his mouth, finally they had found something to shut him up.



End Notes: okay thanks, I will go away now. :-)