samandjack.net

Story Notes: Episode Addendum
Spoilers: Avenger 2.0

// - // denotes dream sequence

Email: rob@chiroho.net


The Dream


He wakes suddenly, damp with perspiration, and finds the sheets twisted around him. He'd experienced the dream again. His mind drifted back to what his subconscious had been showing him just seconds before.

// He and Carter enter Felger's lab, and find him making out with his assistant, Chloe.

"What is this? I turn my back for two seconds and you take up with this... trollop?"

Surprised at her comments, he grins, and watches to see what happens.

"Don't blame me just because you were never woman enough to satisfy him." Chloe responds.

"Oh, that is it," Carter says, stripping off her BDU blouse to reveal a low cut, skimpy black top. She charges forward and tackles Chloe, both falling to the floor.

He sits down next to Felger, and watches as they struggle together, tearing each others clothes off in the process. He knows that Carter could have taken Chloe within seconds, but for some reason she doesn't. He doesn't understand why, only that he's enjoying the dream. //

He looks across at the clock, and realizes that he won't be going back to sleep this night. Perhaps if he goes in early he'll be able to catch up on some paperwork, and maybe pay an unexpected call on that weasel Felger.

*

Something startled her into consciousness, dragging her out of the dream she was experiencing. She doesn't remember details, but she knows that for some reason she was fighting with Chloe, Jay's assistant.

// She was clad in a T-shirt that was like nothing she would ever normally wear. It was very low cut, the material almost sheer. Not only that, but rather than using her hand to hand combat skills to quickly end the fight, she had resorted to slapping and tearing. It wasn't like her at all.

As she tore at Chloe's clothes, she realized that she was being watched, and turned to look up at the desk. Both the Colonel and Jay were sitting there, staring at them. //

Slowly the memories become clearer. This wasn't the first time she had experienced this dream, which was just weird. Getting out of bed, she decided to shower, and then head into the mountain. She needed to talk to a certain scientist.

*

Jay Felger sat staring at his screen, going over experimental data, trying to get to the bottom of what had caused the power overload in the plasma weapon. The source of the feedback was eluding him. Even though he'd resolved the situation with the Avenger virus, General Hammond wouldn't be forgiving if he didn't come up with some way of making this weapon work soon.

He looked at his watch, and decided that the donuts would have arrived in the mess hall. He was just starting to get up when both doors to his lab banged open. Through one strode Major Samantha Carter, and through the other Colonel Jack O'Neill. Neither looked impressed.

"Felger! Why the hell am I in your dream?"

Somehow they managed to synchronize the yell, although they were obviously surprised to see each other, and were still more surprised that they had demanded the same answer.

They looked at each other for a second, and obviously reached some sort of mutual agreement before turning back to look at him. He could see in their eyes that they were going to hurt him. It was the Colonel who spoke.

"Care to explain?"

They approached him slowly, backing him up against his desk. They briefly shared another look, and then each grabbed one of his arms. Colonel O'Neill began to shake him.

"So what's it going to be, Felger? Care to take a trip through an incoming wormhole?"

They started dragging him towards the door of his lab. His struggles were to no avail.

"It's your last chance, Jay. Tell us now, or I'll make sure Chloe never looks at you again." Though Carter's voice was as seductive as always, the sheer evil in it frightened him.

"Or maybe we'll just send you back to P5S-117. I can't imagine Ba'al is very pleased with you." The Colonel's threat seemed somehow more dire, and he screamed.

*

And screamed again, only to find himself lying on his keyboard, the keys forming a patterned mosaic on his face.

"Are you alright, Jay?"

He yelped in shock as he realized that the concerned voice was that from his dream - Major Samantha Carter.

"Bad dream, Felger?"

"Don't hurt me," he mumbled, cowering back against the desk.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Felger - so long as you don't touch me."

He finally realized he was truly awake, and slowly straightened up, feeling very embarrassed.

"Not a dream, Colonel O'Neill. More like a nightmare."

~end~



End Notes: I'm always trying to improve my writing, so any feedback is gratefully appreciated!
Email: rob@chiroho.net