samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author: atheniandream/Jawbreakerchick/Paisleychick, my alter egos :)

Email: atheniandream@aol.com

Content Warnings: Love and respect and truth-apart from that-none :)

Pairings: S/J

Spoilers: None, for seven maybe

Season: Four

Author's notes: Hmm, not too sure about this one, feedback please :)

Archive: Sam and Jack please, Everywhere ANYWHERE, my sites broke!!!


This was it.

"That's it."

You know that one thing, the ONE thing you dreamt of once upon a time? Of love, and Princesses and knights on horses? That single dream of dreams?

"No, you didn't. I'd have known if you-"

There's always one. An Ambition, A longing, An Ideal spurred by circumstance and fuelled by need.

"It's done Carter."

There's always one. Which withstands wishes, Rises above expectations, where you never for a single second believed that it, Your ONE could be granted.

"Why now?" It seemed less of a question the moment it coursed her lips.

But dragging behind it, the worst possible timing ever.

"Why not now?" His furrowed brow deepened, folding almost, unsure of her expectations of him.

"I don't know."

"Well, I thought you wanted this?"

"You know I do." Sighing, her hands came up to her face, her elbows tracing his chest in the process.

She wanted it. If she knew nothing, she knew that much.

"Do I?" He replied, still unsure, and jolted by her stillness, he hesitated, almost backing away from their closeness. Yet still mesmerised by a small patch of light pink skin under her collarbone.

She glanced at him briefly, as if she was scared that if their eyes met, for even more than a second, that she'd be lost in him, unable to move. Causing her say something, which she'd later deny. Or worse, regret which fiery infusion.

"So, what happens now?" He couldn't have asked a worse question.

What does happen now? Passion and fire too deeply buried to emerge so quickly, she wanted to be quiet, silent for a moment, if only to think over the shouting in her head.

"I'm tired. It's been a long mission." She replied flatly.

It was easily enough said. They were in her bedroom. *Her* Bedroom.

And there were most undoubtedly two options. One led to their future. The other stayed in the present.

"So?" he knew it was her decision. She had to be the cardholder, for the keys to the many doors had been lost years ago.

To her, they, all options were presentable in themselves, but she knew one thing. One single thing.

"I'm *Tired*."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The glare of the sun barely escorted itself through the blind in her room. All except a slither, which had lightened itself upon his face. They hadn't moved at all. She was still laid on her side, fully clothed, holding the hand of the man facing her.

"Morning."

She smiled. Because she hadn't made a decision.

"What?"

"Nothing."

Because, she knew, that what she had, Was less than the usual, But more than she'd ever thought...



End Notes: I like that Idea of them not makin whoopee straight away, although it would be funny to see how creative the writers could be, HEHEHE

Feed ALWAYS appreciated, thanks :)