samandjack.net

Story Notes: For all you younguns out there the three songs used are The Byrds Turn, Turn, Turn, adapted from the Book of Ecclesiates by Pete Seeger, music by Pete Seeger. Moondance and Crazy Love by Van Morrison. I highly recommend Van Morrision's Moondance album, um I mean CD.

Feedback is always appreciated


Downtime and Jack O'Neill was bored. So bored that he was reduced to cleaning out his attic, and there he stumbled upon a box labeled "Albums". Albums, he thought, man I thought Sara had dumped all my albums when we bought the house. Amazing. He lugged the box down stairs and set in the middle of his living room. Ripping it open he pulled one out at random.

"Oh wow," he muttered as he wiped off the dust revealing the brightly colored cover, "Sgt. Pepper." He glanced around the living room his eyes landing on the entertainment center which held the latest in audio equipment. Had every bell and whistle that was available, except one. It had no turn table. Aww man, he thought, I'd really like to listen to these. With a burst of inspiration he reached for the phone and quickly dialed, "Danny? Jack. Listen do you-"

"A what?" Daniel Jackson's voice rose is surprise, "I don't know why do you want one of those?" He was slightly annoyed at the interruption, texts littered his desk that he'd been wanting to read for weeks. But as he listened to Jack, his interest was peaked. Might not be ancient history, but it was history none the less. He vaguely remembered his parents listening to some of those albums. "Listen. I'll look around, I might have one packed away somewhere. Give me a couple of hours."

Nearly three hours later Daniel knocked at Jack's door. "Where have you been," asked Jack as he opened the door. "Uh, hi. Guess we're having a party," he took a step back, "come on in." With Daniel were Teal'c, Janet, Sam and a young woman Jack has never seen before. He grabbed Danny by the collar, "What's going on?"

"Er, right, I didn't have one, so I called Janet and she looked, but couldn't find hers so she called Sam. It didn't seem fair to leave Teal'c out, so I went and got him."

"Who's the flower child?"

"That's Krystal."

"Oh well, that clears that up. Who is Krystal for crying out loud."

"Sam's new neighbor, we borrowed this from her."

This was a vintage portable turntable, complete with the legend The Beatles written across it accompanied by cartoon drawings of the Fab Four. "Sorry, it's the only one we could find, but it even has a needle. Krystal picked it up at a swap meet."

"It'll do," taking the turntable from Daniel he joined the rest of the group in the living room. "Hi. I'm Jack O'Neill," he introduced himself to Krystal.

"Yeah, I know," she smiled, "I'm Krystal. I've heard a lot about you."

"Oh you have, have you?" Jack turned toward Sam with a grin.

"Uh. I think I'll go open this," she waved a bottle of wine as she made a quick exit to the kitchen.

Jack smiled, "Thanks for loaning us this Krystal. I haven't heard some of these since I was in high school."

Janet dropped on the floor next to the pile of records, "The Beatles, The Who, The Byrds, oh for heaven's sake, Van Morrison?"

"The Byrds, I love Byrds." Sam exclaimed as she joined them carrying a tray filled with food and drink. "Which one?"

"Turn, Turn, Turn."

"Mr. Tambourine Man should be in there too," said Jack as he grabbed a beer from the tray, "you're too young to remember The Byrds Carter."

"My uncles had those albums, I grew up listening to this stuff."

Krystal joined Sam and Janet on the floor, "So did I. My grandpa has some of these."

Jack groaned, "I suddenly feel very old."

"Then I won't mention my mom and dad had this one," teased Daniel as he waved a Doors album in the air.

"I do not think you are old O'Neill."

"Thank you Teal'c."

"And my Uncle Jimmy is only eight years older than me sir."

"Gee thanks Carter, I feel so much better."

She laughed, "Have a brownie, chocolate always makes me feel better."

He looked suspiciously at the it, "Did you make these?"

"Krystal did," she retorted, "and what if I did? I happen to be a very good cook."

"She is," agreed Daniel.

"How do you know?"

"Never mind," said Janet, "mmm, these are good Krystal. What do you want to listen to first?"

"You pick," answered Jack, "How do you know Sam is a good cook Danny?"

Sam looked up at the tone of Jack's voice, "Because I made him dinner, what do think?"

Before Jack could answer there was a knock at the door, "Now what?"

Krystal stood up, "I hope you don't mind Mr. O'Neill, but I told my boyfriend to pick me up here."

"Sure, no problem," muttered Jack as he stepped over Sam to get to the door, "Hi. You must be Krystal's boyfriend."

The young man looked up at Jack, "You her old man?"

"Of course not, Stevie," Krystal sighed, "This is my neighbor Sam's friend, you know, the Colonel."

"Oh yeah, like hey Sammy. Yo Dan. Doc."

Sam looked up from the liner notes she was reading, "Hey Stevie," she said while Daniel just raised his hand in greeting.

"Hi Steve." Janet said, "You aren't taking these brownies Krystal, I won't let you."

"Well, okay, I've got more at home. Thanks for the ride Sam. Nice to meet you Mr. O'Neill. You too Teal."

"It was nice to meet you also Miss Krystal." Teal'l intoned.

Jack stood and watched as Krystal and her boyfriend jumped in his car and sped off. "So- Danny. You met Krystal and Fonz Jr. before today did you?"

Daniel looked up at his friend, "Yeah, a couple of weeks ago I guess, why?"

"No reason, just curious." He settled down on the couch and leaned his head back, "I haven't heard this since, well, in a long time. Great tune."



To everything, turn, turn, turn.
There is a season
Turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

To everything, turn, turn, turn.
There is a season
Turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven



Sam lay on the floor listening to the gentle guitar and sighed, "I remember once, listening to this and-" She smiled and blushed, "Forget it."

"No way Carter, tell." Jack's voice was pleasantly mellow, "What does this remind you of?"



To everything, turn, turn, turn.
There is a season
Turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven

A time to gain a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love a time to hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not to late.



Sam giggled, "A party when I was about fifteen or so. Dad was stationed at Edwards and my brother took me to a party. It was the first time I ever-"

"Got laid?"

"Janet!"

"Sorry first thing that popped in my mind."

"Your mind not mine. It was the first time I ever got high. I thought I was so cool. My brother freaked."

Jack looked at her, "First time Carter? You indulged more than once? Shame on you. Blows my whole image of you."

"Oh like you never got buzzed in your youth," she retorted.

"Buzzed?"

Sam turned her head toward Teal'c, his voice seemed to be coming from far, far away, "Buzzed, stoned, high, ripped," she answered chewing on another brownie, "You're right Janet these are great."

"Sure are," was all Janet said as she propped herself up against the couch. "Gonna get fat Sam, that's your third one."

"Forth, but who's counting, besides you've had few your self," Sam stuck her tongue out at her friend.

"I do not understand."

"'Splain it him Danny boy, " she said, trying and failing to sit up.

"Well, Teal'c, there's this plant that is cultivated by some people for smoking-"

"Tobacco," he said, "Doctor Fraiser has lectured on the effects of tobacco."

"Nope," Janet shook her head, "not tobacco. Pot. Maryjane, Marijuana."

"Merry wanna?" asked Teal'c

Sam collapsed in a fit of giggles, "Oh Teal'c" she gasped, "you are sooo funny."

"Sam," Danny peered at her over his glasses, "are you okay?"

"Okie dokie, Danny boy."

"Come on let me help you up."

"Nope, I's fine right were I am."

"Come on, up." He pulled to her feet, just as the next album fell on the turntable and Van Morrision's voice filled the room.



Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance



"Dance with me Danny boy," Sam laughed as she wrapped her arms around his neck.



'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow
And I'm trying to please the calling



"Let go Sam," Daniel yelped, "you're choking me."

Of your heart-strings that play soft and low
And all the night's magic seems to whisper and hush
And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush



Jack opened his eyes and jumped up, "Let go of my woman Daniel, get your hands off her."

"Your woman? What has gotten into you? How much have you guys been drinking?"

"Hey guys, chill. Quit harshing my mellow." Janet admonished them from the floor beside the couch.

"Quit harshing your mellow? What is harshing your mellow?" demanded Teal'c

"The Colonel and Danny are."

"Let go of her Danny afore I have to hurt you." O'Neill glowered at his friend.



Can I just have on a more Moondance with you, my love
Can I just make some more romance with a you, my love



"Okay, then you dance with me," Sam moved from Daniel's arms to Jack's much more willing ones. She moved gracefully to the music until he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her against him.

"Mush better," he whispered in her ear.

Well, I wanna make love to you tonight
I can't wait til the morning has come
And I know now the time is just right
And straight into my arms you will run
And when you come my heart will be waiting
To make sure that you're never alone

"They are not keeping in time with the musical accompaniment."

"Come on Teal'c I think we should go," Daniel watched Jack and Sam sway to an music all of their own, "Help me get Janet up."



There and then all my dreams will come true, dear.
There and then I will make you my own
And every time I touch you, you just tremble inside
And I know how much you want me that you can't hide



"Come on Janet, I'm taking you home now. Geez and Jack thinks I'm a cheap drunk. Come on Teal'c."

"Don't wanna go, happy right here."

"You have to go, come on, stand up."

"Can't. Rubber band legs."

"What? Come on Janet," he hissed, "Teal'c!"

"One moment Daniel Jackson, I want to take some these brownies to SGC. They are very interesting." He came out of the kitchen and joined Daniel and Janet at the door. "Should we not tell them we are leaving?"

"They'll never notice. Take Janet's other arm, lets go."

"Look at them," Janet burst out, "and it's about damn time too. You go for it girlfriend.

Jack and Sam continued to dance as the song changed, oblivious to the fact that Daniel and Teal'c were dragging a protesting Janet across the living room.



I can hear her heartbeat for a thousand miles
And the heavens open every time she smiles
And when I come to her that's where I belong
Yet I'm running to her like a rivers song



At the sound of the door closing behind their friends, Sam lifted her head from Jack's chest, "Where'd everybody go?"

He tightened his grip on her and whispered, "Who cares, as long as they don't marsh my mellow." And she laughed and lay her head back on his shoulder.

She give me love, love, love, love, crazy love
She give me love, love, love, love, crazy love



The End

That's all, I think I met Kris' challenge. Hope you enjoyed it.