samandjack.net



Dessert had come and gone. They were all enjoying coffee, seated in the few armchairs facing the fireplace.

Oma and Jim started sharing how they met, earning a “not again, Mom!” from an amused George. Oma was actually from the city, from the nearby state of New Jersey. She had met Jim at a county fair. She proceeded to tell how the shy handsome farmer had stolen her heart by clumsily offering her a bunch of wild flowers — with the root ball still hanging from their stems. They had enjoyed each other’s company at the dance party closing the fair and hadn’t left each other ever since. Oma had learned to tend the animals and work in the fields as well as sew, quilt, and knit, even selling some of her creations when money was tight. George had been born a little over a year after their marriage, and despite liking large families, they had decided not to have any more children.

Jack and Sam were enjoying their evening immensely. They were seated in two armchairs within reaching distance, and without them even realizing it, their hands — moved by a will of their own — had crept toward one another. Jack’s thumb was absently rubbing Sam’s palm as they were both engrossed in Oma’s story.

“And so here we are…” Oma smiled, concluding her narrative. “What about you two?” she asked, looking intently at Sam and Jack. “How did you meet?”

They looked at each other, momentarily embarrassed, and their hands separated.

“We met at work…” Jack mumbled.

“At work?” Jim inquired. “You were taking a plane, Sam?”

She chuckled. “No, not really… It’s a bit complicated, but let’s say at some point we were sharing the same kind of job, and that’s how we met. Jack was my superior, and… well, at the time, there were regulations preventing us from pursuing anything unprofessional…”

“Oh? Aside from the military, I don’t know any job where you’d have to abide by such regulations!” George exclaimed, not noticing Sam’s discreet cringing.

“Well, in our job we had to,” Jack supplied gently.

“So, one day you had enough and you left?” Amy asked.

“Not really…” Sam resumed. “We had admitted to our feelings at some point, but had decided not to pursue them since it could have endangered both our positions.”

“Musta been some job!” Oma frowned.

“It was a very important job to us, yes,” Sam said.

“Not anymore, I take it,” Jim stated.

A shadow passed across Jack’s features, and he reached again for her hand, locking his eyes with hers for a brief instant. “Oh, it’s still very important, but we got kinda sidetracked,” he said softly.

“There was sort of an accident, and we were forced to leave that job,” Sam supplied.

“I’m sorry to hear that,” George said sympathetically. “But on the other hand, it drew you closer!” he concluded with a wink.

“Yeah,” Jack smiled in embarrassment. “On that note,” he continued as he stood up, re-buttoning his jacket in the process and holding his hand for Sam to take. “We’re gonna leave you guys. Thanks for the enjoyable evening!” he said warmly.

“No problem, Jack. With all you’ve done to the guesthouse, you deserved it!” Jim said, standing up as well and patting Jack’s shoulder.

They bid their goodnights to their hosts and left the warmth of the farm for the bite of the November night air.

Sam shivered slightly as she stepped outside. Jack draped his arm around her waist, drawing her body close to his. “Come on, hurry up, I don’t want you catching a cold!” he said, his breath coming out in small clouds in the moonlight.

They trotted back to the guesthouse, Jack still holding her close. When they reached the guesthouse, Jack fumbled a little with the keys before unlocking the door, then moved aside to let Sam enter. The warmth of the small living room assaulted his cheeks. Sam had shed her heels and was unbuttoning her coat, her back to him.

Jack stepped forward and gently laid his hands on her shoulders, halting her attempts to remove her coat. She stopped moving for a moment, reveling in the warmth of his touch, as he gently grasped the heavy woolen garment, lifting it from her shoulders before delicately placing it on a hanger in the hall closet. Turning back to her, it was his turn to be surprised at her proximity. She had moved into his personal space, and was staring at him intensely, the passion in her eyes nearly overwhelming him.

“Sa…” he started.

“Shh…” she cut him off, placing her finger softly on his lips in a shushing manner, taking the final step into his embrace, her front molding against his chest.

His arms reached around her automatically, and he held her in a tight yet tender embrace, his cheek coming to rest on the top of her head. He felt her move and detached himself a little from her. There she was, still staring at him with that same intensity.

She raised her hand and wrapped it around his neck, gently pulling his head down, her look not wavering. Her lips softly parted, and he put up no resistance as she drew his lips to hers in a soft kiss. His tongue lost no time in seeking hers, both meeting in a gentle, almost hesitant dance at first but soon gaining confidence and engaging in a fervent pas-de-deux. Their heavy breathing was the only obvious testimony to their increasing passion, that and the small moans and kissing noises they made.

Jack’s hand caressed down the side of her body, slipping under the hem of her dress and lifting it as he teased his fingers up her thigh and across her hip to her back, causing goose bumps in their wake. She wore no bra, his mind processed at the speed of light as his fingers encountered no barrier along the expanse of her back.

Responding to the urges that his fingers were creating throughout her body, Sam finally forced herself away from his tantalizing hips. “Bedroom!” she murmured between two kisses, the urgency of her tone a sure indication of her level of arousal, and his grew tenfold.

“Which one?” he replied with a hoarse voice.

“Yours… bed’s bigger,” she ordered, attacking the buttons of his shirt.

He hissed as he felt her lips on his collarbone, throwing his head back and closing his eyes. Then, without further ado, he swiftly picked her up and proceeded to climb the stairs.

He dumped her unceremoniously on the bed covers, frantically dropping his blazer and pulling the shirt over his head, not even bothering to undo more buttons, while she was fumbling with the back zipper of her dress, watching him undress with envy in the pale light of the night sky coming through the naked window.

Before she had time to realize it, he was kneeling on the bed in all his glory and helping her with the rebellious zipper. She took the opportunity to kiss his chest, her nose slightly tickled by the sparse hair between his nipples. She was interrupted as he finally pulled the dress over her head, but the lack of contact didn’t last long.

Jack’s talented hands were on her sides as his lips drew a fiery path from her navel to her breasts before latching onto a darker bud.

“Jack!” she moaned.

His only response was to take care of her other breast. Her fingers dug in his hair and caressed the thick, soft locks, inviting him to raise his head and meet her lips. His tongue plunged into the sweet recesses of her willing mouth, tasting her once more and learning to know her.

She could feel his arousal nesting at the apex of her thighs, powerful and ready, and it gave her a sense of elation she had seldom experienced. She was the one responsible for this, and in some ways the accomplishment was more fulfilling than anything because it was him, Jack O’Neill, the man she had denied herself for so long.

The flow of pent up desire and feelings she had been trying to contain during all these years had finally found an exit, and there was no stopping it. She loved this man like no one else, as cliché as that sounded, and if anything, the reverence with which he was paying his respects to her body was proof enough that the feelings were mutual.

While Sam was lost in her thoughts and sensations, Jack hadn’t lost his focus, which was to pleasure this woman to the best of his ability, and he intended to do just that. His hands reached her thighs, lightly caressing them on the outside and then the inside. Jack reveled in the tiny shivers Sam’s body was experiencing, no doubt a result of the chill from being on top of the bed as well as — he hoped — his ministrations.

He lowered his head and inhaled her musky scent, imprinting it on his sensory receptors, just like he had when he had kissed her, then he plunged, wanting to taste the fragrant nectar that was waiting for him to discover.

Sam gasped his name, already convulsing under the onslaught of physical sensations his touch was generating. He smiled smugly, earning a snort from a barely recovering Sam, before giving her another kind of kiss, eliciting yet another deep moan. His talented fingers joined his lips and tongue, expertly massaging her from inside and helping her climb the path leading to physical completion again.

“Jack,” she pleaded.

“Sam?” he replied in a low voice.

“I want you, now,” she urged, trying to pull him up.

He chuckled sexily. “All good things…” he started.

“Jack! NOW!” she ordered.

“Yes, Ma’am…” he complied, aligning his body on top of hers, and acceding to her plea.

Jack kissed Sam as she urged him forward, deepening his penetration.

“Sam,” he croaked, trying to maintain a tight control over the raging emotions elicited by the wild desires coursing his body and the impulses that dictated he let go of his restraint.

“I’m so close, Jack!” she said in a breath.

Her statement forced him to close his eyes, and he could no longer restrain the natural reflexes of his body as his hips started moving in earnest. And indeed, she must have been close because he felt her convulsing around him in a matter of seconds. And then the sweet pain he felt as her fingernails dug into his shoulders triggered his own surrender. He crashed down on her, emptying his very essence into her and hugging her forcefully, his breath coming out in short, fully sated pants.

Jack was on top of her, but she didn’t mind. If anything, he kept her warm, and she needed the contact fiercely. He made to move once his breathing was close to normal again, but she held him in place.

“Sam?” he asked.

“You keep me warm, Jack…” was all she said.

He was briefly tempted to chuckle, then he realized what she meant and it filled him with pride and joy, and he hugged her tightly yet again. “You keep me warm, too, Sam,” he murmured gently in her ear. “You have… for a very long time,” he confessed.

Tears stung her eyelids at his admission. There were no words to describe what she felt for this man, and no words were needed between them, but she said them nevertheless. “I love you…”

Jack rolled them over and kissed her hard, giving her the best reply: action.

The cool air of the room soon reminded them of their position as Sam started shivering, this time because of the temperature. Jack rolled onto his side and kissed her softly on the lips. “Now, Dr. Carter, it’s time for a shower and then… to bed!” he said playfully.

She chuckled. “Yes, Daddy!” she replied, getting off the bed and heading to her own room to fetch her bathrobe.

“So not a mental image I needed!” she heard him say. “Thanks, Sam!”

She chuckled and reappeared at the entrance of his room. He was still sprawled on top of the bed covers.

“You coming?” she asked winking.

“I said shower! Not sex! Two syllables!” he smirked, using his elbow to support him.

“Whatever,” she shrugged before going downstairs to the bathroom.

Jack frowned, raised an eyebrow, then quickly followed her.

They slept late Friday morning, not needing to go into work, and enjoyed their newfound company in more ways than one, taking their time in getting acquainted with each other’s bodies.

In the aftermath, they talked a lot — about the whys, the hows, and the wherefores that finally brought them to this blissful point in their relationship.

As the talking had continued, a question began nagging at Sam’s mind, and she finally built up the nerve to ask him.

“Jack?” she started, toying with the hairs of his chest.

“Mmm?”

“What happens when we go back?”

She felt him stiffen. “We don’t know if we’re going back, Sam, much less when…” he replied a little gruffly.

“Jack, this is putting our heads in the sand and you know it,” she admonished.

He sighed. “I know…I just…. Can we talk about it later?”

“No, I need to know now,” she said firmly.

“Need to know what?” he feigned ignorance.

“That this is not a one night stand; if it is, then, God help me, I’m out of here in the next five minutes!” she said, aggravated.

He tightened his hold on her shoulder, preventing further movement. “Not if I have anything to do with it,” he smirked, then added in a serious tone, looking her in the eyes, “We’ve been in this together since the beginning, Sam, and I intend on finishing what we’ve started.”

He felt her relax and saw a smile creeping onto her face.

“If… When we get back, I don’t think I can go back to the way it was. Whatever it takes. From the moment we realized we were stuck here, I knew things were gonna change anyway, and that’s often the case with our job, but this time… Even if I’d been stuck with — say Feretti — our personal relationship would have changed, too. Well, I… I probably wouldn’t have ended up in his bed nor him in mine, of that I can reassure you!” he winked, adding a bit of levity to their talk.

Her quirky smile at his comment assured her he had succeeded.

“In a dire situation, you can only expect so much from human beings. We’re not priests or nuns; we’re soldiers, and regulations be damned,” he concluded softly.

“I’m not sure I like that…” she said calmly.

“Hey, I’m not saying that we oughta lie when we get back or anything. I take full responsibility for my actions, and if I am to be court-martialed for loving you, then so be it. I wasn’t gonna stay at the SGC another year, anyway. Hammond talked about retiring, and he offered me the position in DC. I had told him I’d think about it…”

“Washington?”

“Just a thought Sam, don’t panic…” he started.

“I’m not; I just don’t see you behind a desk, that’s all…”

“I already am, behind a desk,” he remarked. He sighed. “I suppose we still have that option…”

Sam kissed his chest softly. “You’re right; we’ll deal with the situation when it happens. We always have,” she smiled before giving him a sweet peck on the lips. “Sleep?”

“You bet!” he said, burying his nose in the crook of her neck.