samandjack.net
[Reviews - 1] Printer
Summary: With Sam about to leave his chain of command, a despondent Jack drowns his sorrows and has no idea how astonished he'll be by the consequences
Rated: G
Categories: Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Romance
Original Archive Date: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 31045 Read: 2559
Published: Sep 02, 2009 Updated: Sep 02, 2009
Story Notes:
Author's Notes:

1. I have based this fic on the assumption that Sam decides to leave the SGC on transfer to Area 51 before Jack transfers to Washington DC or becomes aware he is going to. When Season 9 starts both of them have already left the SGC so I believe show canon is unclear about the timing of these transfers.

2. I dedicate this story to Betty Hall and Denise Carlson. Betty because her short story "The Kiss" was a huge inspiration for me to write this one. You can read that fic here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4780825/1/The_Kiss Denise because we exchanged emails about my recent angsty fic, "The Future is Unwritten", that got me thinking. All that darned thinking was doing my head in so I wrote this, an antidote to, or perhaps the antithesis of, "The Future is Unwritten".

3. Many thanks to ImmerRDA for her help in beta reading this story. I know her observations and corrections improved my writing. What would I have done without you, Barbara? Any remaining errors are entirely down to me.

I am taking this opportunity to thank ImmerRDA once again for all the hard work she is putting into beta reading this series. Her comments, suggestions and feedback are very helpful and I feel my story is all the better for them. Of course, if I screw up after she's commented I only have myself to blame!

1. Chapter 1 by Su Freund [Reviews - 1] (31045 words)