samandjack.net
[Reviews - 0] Printer
Summary: Jack has a dream that there are some familiar faces in Sherwood Forest...
Rated: PG13
Categories: Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Original Archive Date: 2000 Feb 3
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 9609 Read: 2100
Published: Sep 03, 2009 Updated: Sep 03, 2009
Story Notes:
Spoilers: COTG, The Broca Divide, Solitudes, Point of View. Minor spoilers for Message in a Bottle, Within the Serpent's Lair, Foothold, Hathor, Into the Fire. All the details about my home county are genuine - the army camp, the pub, the castle, place names etc. I've taken a few liberties with the standard version of the Robin Hood legend but as my great-grandparents are buried in the same churchyard as Will Scarlet, I consider that I'm entitled...

The poetry at the beginning and end of the story is taken from the 17th Century ballad 'Robin Hood and Maid Marian' (The English and Scottish Popular Ballads by Francis James Child, 1888.) I have to admit responsibility for anything trying to pass itself off as poetry within the story.

Words to "It was a dark and stormy night" courtesy of my Dad, who used to tell it to me when I was a child... could explain a lot really...

I think everyone is allowed one "it was all a dream" story in their fic writing career... this is mine. Enjoy!

1. Chapter 1 by Wendy Parkinson [Reviews - 0] (9609 words)