samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers: None really. If any real spoilers they'd be from season 1. There is a little spoilers for Solitudes

Notes: This is in response to Nic's challenge to be inspired by American Pie but to not quote the lyrics in the song. I don't think this is what you guys originally had in mind, but it came out of my shipper head this way and I think it will be great.


"Now do you believe in rock 'n roll ?
Can music save your mortal soul?
And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
Well I know you're in love with him
'Cause I saw you dancing in the gym
You both kicked off your shoes
Man, I dig those rhythm 'n' blues"




Can You Teach Me




"Sir, where are we?" Major Samantha Carter asked, after they completed their latest 'gate.

"We should be on P3Q569," Dr. Daniel Jackson stated, as he looked around quite bewildered by their surroundings.

"I know where we should be, Daniel, but that isn't where we are."

Sam looked around her at the all too familiar setting from her youth. A high school gymnasium. The gym was packed with people dancing. However it seemed to Sam that no one could see them.

"Colonel, do they seem to you like they can't see us?"

"Yeah, Carter they do. Daniel, Teal'c got any ideas?"

"We're on earth. I think." Daniel continued to look around to gauge where they might be.

"Why is everyone dressed so, strangely?" Teal'c asked, as he pointed to several young women.

"Sam, is it possible that we have gated into the past?" Daniel inquired.

"Anything is possible. It was storming when we gated."

"With lightening strikes anything is possible, we have proven that in the past," Teal'c answered.

"I think we're in late 1950s America. The clothes and the music fit," Daniel continued. The music played in the background. Sam thought she recognized Elvis and some Buddy Holly songs.

"How do we get out? There isn't a gate here," Jack asked bewildered.

"I don't know," Sam answered.

"Dancing," Daniel said.

"What?" Jack asked.

"Maybe if we dance our energy levels will go up enough to get us out of here."

"Carter," Jack said.

"It could work, sir. I don't have any other ideas."

"It's a good thing no one can see us because two guys are going to have dance together," Daniel started.

"Well, since you brought it up, Daniel, you get Teal'c." Teal'c raised his eyebrow in disagreement as Jack took Sam by the hand.

Sam put her arms around Jacks neck and led them in a slow dance. They laughed as Daniel and Teal'c fought over who was going to lead. Jack leaned over and whispered into her ear.

"I don't know how to dance."

"Well, let me teach you." They swayed together for several minutes as they got used to one another. After a while Sam started leading Jack in some different moves. Half an hour later, they were dancing like old pros.

And they still hadn't 'gated out.

"Daniel, this isn't working," Jack said. He noticed that Daniel and Teal'c had stopped and we're watching he and Sam.

"Take off your shoes," Daniel answered.

"What?"

"Just do it, Jack." Sam and Jack pretty much had no choice but to follow him. They danced together for another half an hour.

Daniel and Teal'c were not so surprised as they watched them slow dance through the faster songs. They looked on approvingly as Sam and Jack kissed softly.




@@




Daniel was startled by the ringing in his ear. He searched around for the source and banged on his alarm clock.

Damn, why am I dreaming about Sam and Jack kissing? That's the last time I eat Mexican and drink beer right before bed time.




The End.