samandjack.net



No matter how much the Colonel protested and pouted, sharply at 0800 hours we departed to the Land of Light.

“Greetings,” Tuplo bowed and we followed suit.

“It’s good to see you again Tuplo,” As usual, Daniel speaks for the whole group.

“You as well Doctor Jackson,” he nods once again, “We are most honored that you accepted out invitation. Please, follow me.”

As we arrive at the city, the Colonel and I are separated from the rest of the team and taken into different chambers for explanation of what exactly is expected of us, and apparently I’ll do all the hard work.

The priestess Ariana, who will be conducting our ‘boding,’ explained that I had two choices.

First, I could beat the crap out of Jack with a fighting stick, thus resulting in my right to be the dominant partner in the relationship.

The second option, and the one that’s most practiced these days as Ariana explained, is to do a matrimonial dance. I’m all but ready to choose the first option, when Ariana continues to tell me that I would be taught the movements which would correspond to the words I’d have to write. Something like wedding vows. I would have to write them, than she’ll teach me the steps, and I just dance to the music. In the ceremony, while I’m dancing, Ariana’s role would be to translate my movements to the man I’m to be bonded with.

Doesn’t sound too difficult.

So, I choose the second one. I’m sure if it was the first year of our friendship, I would have just opted for the beating with the stick. He was such an ass. Or was I? Maybe it was both of us.

oOo

Ughh!

Thinking of something neutral to say, or rather for Ariana to say and me to dance to, has proven to be very, very difficult. After two hours of destroyed paper, I finally have the words that I think would be appropriate. It’s not much, but the actual dance is supposed to be short.

Learning the moves turned out to be a piece of cake. So now, Ariana’s assistants jumped in and from what I understood, they want to beautify me. I try not to take offence at that, because I think I’m pretty enough, and comply.

They show me the dress, and I’m in a state of slight shock. It seems like something out of those cheesy strip bars. It’s some sort of flimsy material, which, no matter how I tug it, does not cover my beasts. I mean not at all. Then it hugs the hips and from there flutters down to the top of my feet.

“No,” I say firmly. “I will not wear that,” and I’m sure they can see disgust on my face.

Hey, I’m all for diplomacy, but there’s no chance in hell I’d allow myself to be seen in that! I explain to them that we do not wear those sorts of outfits in public. If I were really marrying the guy, I might prepare something like that for our first night, but that’s beside the point.

“Alright,” Ariana says, “I think we can find a compromise,” she leaves us, only to return after fifteen minutes with something slightly more appropriate. “This will have to do.”

Since I explained that there’s no way I’ll be naked in front of the Colonel, the first thing they put on me is a night gown, continuing from that.

oOo

Hours have passed since my preparing began, and now, a few minutes before going to the ‘bonding circle’ I found myself in front of the mirror, looking at a woman I forgot I know.

The dress is actually something like a bodice, except it’s tied with lace from the chest to just above my knees. Underneath a white material can be seen, which in fact is the thing I’ll sleep in. The rest just falls freely around my legs. My very bare legs.

The thing that really has me off balance is my face. Eyes framed with black crayon, with transparent sparkling eye shadow, and the same thing applied to my mouth only to a much lesser extent. I look so soft, and breakable. It should be in contrast with the dress but oddly, it’s not. It fits perfectly.

“It is time,” Ariana rushes me out towards the matrimonial circle.

As I approach torches light up all around, revealing the Colonel sitting in the middle of the circle. AND HE’S NOT WEARING A SHIRT!!

Breathe, breathe, breathe… HE’S NOT WEARING A SHIRT!

In and out. In and out. Come on lungs! You can do this!

And now I notice the helmet with horns on it. Than. THE COLONEL IS WEARING A SKIRT! I try my best not to laugh, but I see the annoyance in his eyes at my expression, and that’s too much for me to bear. I’m sure someone would call it a kilt, but… HE’S WEARING A SKIRT!

When I take in the whole picture, I realize he looks like a Viking, very ‘Brave Heart.’ Strong, and well toned Viking.

Ah, boy, this is not good.

Still a few steps away I notice his expression change to openly admiring my dress. Or my legs. He’s looking up and down at me and I feel like a piece of meat. I don’t know if I should be proud or pissed.

I choose pissed, ‘coz that’s easier to deal with. Yeah, look at me, Samantha Carter, taking the easy way out. My dad would kill me if he knew.

He clearly understood my shift in expression. I was trying to glare at him, and give the most murderous look I could. And it seemed it worked, because now he’s focused on the stick in my hand.

Yeah, that’s right Colonel. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Jack still doesn’t know what I chose, and I’m willing to reconsider my options. But than… didn’t I drooled over him a moment ago? No. Of course not. Get a grip Sam! The man is your commanding officer, and you were NOT drooling over him.

Still, I relax my grip on the fighting stick, cross that few steps and lower my self to his level releasing the ‘weapon,’ and as quietly as I can, I say: “Nice skirt, sir.”

Ariana gives me a glare that could equal the Colonel’s, but I figure it’s worth it. He can’t respond because neither of us is supposed to talk, but I don’t know how he manages to hold it in him.

The priestess claims her position behind Jack, and the ceremony is ready to begin.

I back up slowly, drums giving a rhythm to my step followed closely by a sound of something that resembles a flute. I turn my back to him and start to sway my whole body to the melody. My eyes are shut, and I relax completely.

“For a long time,” I hear Ariana say, as my hands go above my head, “I felt alone in the universe.”

I don’t know why but the words touch me and I feel tears behind closed eyes. I force them away, focusing on my dance.

My hands go down, behind my back, and I look to the left, than to the right. Ariana continues to translate my movements: “There were times when I was lost,” I turn to him, catching his eyes: “There were times when you were lost.”

Again I’m stuck on the verge of tears, with a huge lump in my throat because I know what will follow with my hands stretch out: “But you always found me,” Ariana says and my hands retreat to hug my waist. “And I always found you.”

When I wrote these words, I thought they were just something that I could say to Daniel or Teal’s as well, but now… I’m walking towards Jack, “Your path is mine,” I finally stop in front of him, never breaking eye contact, kneeling in front of him, “and I walk it gladly.”

Jack’s looking at me like he’s never seen me before.

Though this was supposed to be a ‘show’ for the express need to placate these people, I find myself suddenly realizing I meant those words, just for him. I can’t look away because his dark eyes convey everything I need to know.

I was supposed to put a hand on his cheek as a sign that the ceremony is over, and he was supposed to take my hand and put it on his heart, but I can’t. If I touch him now… I don’t think I’ll stop there, or that I’ll ever let go.

So we sit here, trying to get control over our raging emotions with little success. I know he’s feeling the same. He doesn’t have to say anything, I just know. I can only hope that he knows as well.

Jack, I mean the Colonel! This is not a time to slip. The Colonel takes my hand and places it on his chest with a smirk on his face, sizing me up again. I see something primal in his eyes, in his demeanor, and that just infuriates me.

I wish I had nails so I could dig them up in that gorgeous chest of his.

“You may stand up,” Ariana startles me out of my raging monologue, and along with the Colonel I follow her order. “You are now bonded.”

With those words, my anger is forgotten, and we follow our ‘matrimonial guide’ towards the ‘bonding chamber,’ where we’ll spend the night, confirming our union.

My nervousness is climbing the roof. How can I get out of this one? I’m sure I heard the Colonel murmur something about Thor, and I know he’s asking for that impeccable Asgard timing. I’m praying for that one too.

However, Thor fails us. Really where are the aliens when you actually need them?

We enter the room, and I must admit it’s beautiful. The golden theme puts me off a little, but still, the atmosphere seems very peaceful and intimate.

Ariana positions us toward each other with a slight growl from Jack. “Undress your mate.”

“I…” the Colonel tries, but the priestess stops him. “You may not speak!”

I can almost hear him yelling ‘oh for crying out loud’ in his head, trying not to giggle at the thought, but his eyes stop me asking my permission for what’s to come.

And I give it.