samandjack.net



I remind myself that this is a mission, it has nothing to do with what we feel, but it’s hard to concentrate when he’s trying to undo the lace on my dress. He fumbles with the boding, unable to untie it.

Jack’s face is still, but his chest is going up and down faster than normal. Can’t say I’m doing much better.

I feel Ariana’s eyes on us, full of curiosity, and I know the Colonel noticed as well by the look he’s giving me. His hands suddenly stiffen, his face unreadable, and I realize he’s pulling up the usual walls between us, his training kicking in.

Hurt goes through me before understanding. This is potentially a dangerous situation, even though there’s no one shooting.

So, I fall back to my training. There is more than one type of wormhole. First, there’s the type associated with Schwarzschild black holes. Second, those associated with Kerr-Newman black holes. Third, the Morris-Thorne wormhole.

My breathing seems to be normalized. The Colonel is almost done with the lace, and I’m so grateful that this will soon be over.

His hands slide the dress over my shoulders, trying not to touch me, but it’s inevitable.

The Schwarzschild spacetime's interval expressed in a remote observer's spherical coordinate system where ds2 equals 1 minus 2GM/rc2 times dct2 minus dr2/1 minus 2GM/rc2, minus dr2, minus r2dB, minus r2sin2Bdm2;2

This has a coordinate singularity where the dr2/(1 - 2GM/rc2) term becomes infinite at

r 2GM/c2.

I chant franticly. I know these theories are wrong, but it doesn’t matter. I’m standing in the nightgown, the dress on the floor, and I can honestly say that I’m fine. In control.

“Now, it is your turn,” Ariana speaks.

My eyes go wide. I completely forgot about that part.

I remove his helmet, trying not to look him in the eyes, but when that is done, I have to ask his permission to remove his ‘skirt.’

He nods.

Finding that the skirt has four buttons on the side, I start undoing the first one.

R’2 minus ct’2 equals…

Second button.

R2 times rc2/2GM minus one…

Third button.

Times rc2/2GM

Fourth button.

Ct’/ r’ equals…

I let out a sigh of relief looking up at him, only to find a smirk on his face. He’s wearing shorts.

“You are ready,” Ariana says and motion us to the bed.

We go in on different sides, and try to stay away from each other. The bed is big enough so it’s doable.

Our companion positions herself in the middle of the room, meditating and praying for a happy bonding.

“G’night Carter,” I hear his voice for the first time since this whole thing began, and realize how much I missed it.

I turn to face him, discovering that the walls are still in place. “Good night sir.”

oOo

One would think that sharing a tent with a man would prepare me better for this but no.

I woke up a million times during the night, because apparently the Colonel and I can’t keep our hands off of each other.

I’ve fallen asleep fairly quickly. Than I woke up just as quickly when I sensed a movement behind me. The thing that really shook me to consciousness was when the Colonel’s hand came around my waist pulling me closer.

I think that the Colonel woke up when I took a sharp intake of breath as his hand moved around my belly.

An awkward ‘Sorry Carter,’ and ‘it’s alright sir,’ settled the matter. However, not long after the event, I found myself spooning him. Again, ‘Sorry sir,’ and ‘It’s okay Carter, resolved the situation and this time I returned to my side of the bed.

That is how we spent the entire night, until this moment.

I know where my legs are, but I can’t move them. I’m too tired. Also, I know he’s awake by the change in his breathing which I can sense, my head being on his chest.

Jack’s arm around my waist starts to loosen its tight grip, as he realized that I’m awake too.

I lift my head. “Good morning sir,” I smile awkwardly.

“Carter,” he gives me a small nod, removing his hand and trying to disentangle our legs. I help him by removing mine.

“You are awake,” Ariana greets us in her way. I even forgot that she was here. “It has been an interesting night,” I swear that she’s mocking us, but her face is still and serious. “Your clothes are ready,” she points to two piles next to her, and leaves us.

Just as the silence was becoming uncomfortable: “Well, good morning to you too,” the Colonel says to the door.

I giggle, stumbling out of bed. Okay, I know it’s not even remotely funny, but he’s just way too cute in the morning, and I guess, it’s affecting my judgment.

“Carter, do you want me to leave while you…”

I look at him blankly.

“… change?”

“Oh! No sir, it’s okay. We can just turn around and…”

“Ya, okay,” he replied quickly grabbing his pile and already starting to put on his pants, so I turn around doing the same.

oOo

We met up with Teal’c and Daniel at Tuplo’s house where we said our goodbyes and headed for the ‘Gate.

“So… you guys had a nice rest?”

“Daniel,” the Colonel warns him.

It’s obvious we didn’t sleep very well if one would judge by the circles under our eyes, and Daniel knows that.

“What?” he asks innocently, “I’m just asking…” he trails off excepting an answer.

The Colonel looks at my favorite archeologist clearly annoyed. “Daniel, you know damn well that Carter snores.”

I…I… “What!?” the astonishment and anger in my voice could not be mistaken. That is not the comment I was expecting. “I don’t snore!” It would be a murder for any field officer to snore while on duty.

Daniel’s suppressing a laugh, while the Colonel adjusts his glasses. “Sure you do,” he says and I can’t read in his expression if he’s joking or not. Damn those glasses.

“Do not.”

“Do too.”

“Do n…” I stop myself. I’m not about to get sucked into this meaningless discussion.

“Why do you think we usually let you bunk with Teal’c,” he stops and looks at me. At least I think he’s looking at me…

He reassumes his walk, and I’m still trying to weigh up if he’s lying. I look at Daniel, his face in a strange grimace. I think he’s trying not to laugh. I won’t get anything out of him, so I turn to the person I know I can trust. “Teal’c?”

“Do not worry yourself, MajorCarter,” he says with seriousness, and I’m relieved. They were just messing with me. “I do not mind,” same deep voice speaks again.

I’m gonna kill him.

“I. do. Not. Snore.”

That’s the last we’ll speak of it, but when we gate home my ‘to do’ list will need some revising.

shower,

have something to eat,

kill the men of SG-1, if possible, slowly

go home and get some actual sleep

Oh, right, I forgot the medical…

tbc