samandjack.net



“NO!” Janet’s the first to recover. “I mean, if we don’t come up with something, that can be our last resort,” she pauses. “And that’s exactly what I’ve been talking about,” she addresses the General, “Sam would never say something like that…”

“Yes I would,” “Yes she would,” Jack and I cut her off at the same time and grin at each other.

He just has the cutest puppy dog eyes ever.

“No, no you wouldn’t,” Janet’s voice is dripping with determination, and I recognize her worry.

“Figure it out Doctor, I want another solution besides the one Major Carter suggested,” the General speaks and retreats from the room quicker than anyone would expect. I think he was blushing.

“Alright, I want one of you to be with them all the time,” Janet says to our teammates.

“We don’t need a babysitter!” Jack argues and I nod furiously.

“Oh, yes you do. And if you don’t behave I WILL have you restrained.”

There was a long pause after that, all the while holding my gaze, Janet seemed to relay something that scared me. Even the ‘relaxed’ me. She knows. She knows that the feelings are still there. She knows.

“We’ll be alright,” I say and with those words Janet leaves us as well.

oOo

Daniel and Teal’c both stayed with us for a while, but after four more hours of ‘Days of our lives,’ Daniel decided to let Teal’c have the first shift.

After the General and Janet left us, Jack had been very quiet. I guess he’s having the same problem as I. Keeping a distance.

I tried so hard to pull out my ‘Major’ persona, but it didn’t work.

I always thought that if I’d been free of rules and regulations imposed upon me, not by the Air Force, but myself, that I’d jump at the chance to be with him. And here I am, free… and not jumping Jack.

Teal’c started Kel’nor’im-ing half an hour ago, and I take a chance. I look at Jack.

In a heart beat he turned towards me, and my breath is caught deep in my throat. Not because there’s something special in his look, or his face, but at the possibility of waking up text to him in the morning. And with a good excuse: “You see, we had to sleep together, we were under alien influence.” Heehee. There won’t be any awkwardness between us.

Oh, how I love that influence.

I realize I’m smiling, and surprise, surprise, Jack’s doing it too.

He reaches out and moves a lock of my hair. “I always wanted to do that,” he whispers.

In response I allow my hand to move through his hair, ruffling it playfully. “I always wanted to do that,” I whisper and giggle as quietly as possible.

We know Teal’c can hear us, but it gives us the sense of privacy.

The back of Jack’s index finger crosses over my cheek and there’s the most endearing smile on his lips. “And that.”

That’s the thing I like most about us. It was never about sex. It was always just pure love. A very platonic love. However, I sure wouldn’t mind if the consummation of that love would hap pen.

Like right now!

My fingers go over his mouth timidly, relishing the contact, and I notice his breathing quicken. Switching from his lips, to his jaw line, my hand goes to his neck, urging him closer.

Jack catches on and starts moving on his own. I lick my lips in anticipation and that sets him off.

He grabs my head, and…

“O’Neill,” Teal’c took hold of Jack’s shoulder, pushing him back to his side of the beds.

“Teal’c!” we both yell. We’re incredibly in sync these days.

“What are you doing!?” Jack asks irritated.

I mean really! Now!? Now he finds it in himself to interrupt!

Our big friend tilts his head as if the answer to Jack’s question is totally unnecessary but chooses to give it anyway. “I am merely stopping you from engaging in inappropriate behavior with Major Carter.”

Jack’s hand goes over his face.

Nice choice of words Teal’c! Thank you, oh so very much!

I sense Jack distancing himself, not just in terms of space, but emotionally. He has more self control than me, and I envy him, because I wouldn’t care if Teal’c stood there watching… oh, well…

At least that horrible show isn’t on any more. Jack turned it to a documentary about Stalin.

I still feel the heat from our latest incident and being practically tied to him and unable to avoid physical contact isn’t going to help. Stalin or no Stalin.

oOo

The next day was not so calm.

In our frustration we started arguing, and surprisingly enough, I didn’t think of him20as a commanding officer once. I broke his favorite yo-yo, and his Game boy, both of which ended up smacked against the wall in front of us.

The first argument was about The Simpson’s, the second about George Clooney (of all people), and the third about Black Hole theories. Unfortunately, when I broke the two objects I had nothing more, and went for the remote. Teal’c decided to intervene there, and held on to it.

Janet came in once or twice to tell us that she has made some progress with this slimy thing that has us trapped and confined in the infirmary, but I haven’t been listening, being too angry with Jack. However, I did hear when she said I was running a high fever, and had elevated blood pressure while Jack only had more testosterone than before.

She suspected that the disturbance in my hormones is affecting my… less than patient behavior, but she had no proof thanks to the naquadah.

I want him so badly.

But I’m not talking to him. And he’s been ignoring me.20

How can he ignore me with all that male hormones running wild!?

This is ridiculous.

I’m not talking to him. “Can I get some water?” because it’s on his side… I can’t just dehydrate…

Jack doesn’t even look at me. He takes the bottle and passes it to me. “Here.”

‘Here!?’ ‘Here!?’ I’m going to kill him.

oOo

Janet gives us something to help us sleep while promising she’s made a fascinating discovery. She thinks she’ll be able to counteract the effects of whatever is in our blood within a day.

At this point, I don’t care. Just want to sleep. And forget he’s next to me, still ignoring me.

oOo

0A

I wake up feeling more hot than ever. I think I’m burning up and my head is pounding.

Then, someone's nuzzling my neck.

Not someone. Jack. It feels soooooo good.

“Hey sleepyhead,” he whispers in my ear.

I don’t think I can respond with his mouth attacking my neck again. The man has skills. “Who’s watching…?”

“Daniel,” he doesn’t let me finish before responding, “he’s sleeping.”

So that explains the whispering. “Okay,” I say meekly, and as a code for ‘carry on.’ And he does. Only my earlobe’s getting all the attention now.

Jack’s free hand goes under my shirt, and I give access freely. Finally, he caved in! It’s the first time he’s the initiator, and I find it very exciting.

At one point, Jack stops to look at me, and all I can think of is: “Don’t stop!”

He smirks at that, and I curse my pleading tone as well as my brain for letting me say that out loud. “Oh, I wasn’t going to, but first…” he leans down and kisses me.

It’s timid, gentle at first, than it grows aggressive, possessive…

“Okay, I think I have… Oh my God!”

…hungry…

“You two! Stop it!”

…demanding…

“Janet?” Daniel’s sleeping voice questions.

…passionate…

“You were supposed to be watching them!”

…waking up all sorts of things in me…

“Help me separate them!”

…I want him, badly…

Janet’s hands are on me and I see Daniel pulling Jack further away.

“No!” I scream.

“Just let us!” Jack yells as well, trying to push off Daniel. He succeeds.

Our mouths crash together with urgency that wasn’t there before.

“Nurse! Call security and prepare sedatives!” Janet yells at somebody.

But I don’t care. I’m in Jack’s arms and I’m going to make the most of it.

Before we could do anything more, there’s two guards holding me and two more restraining Jack. We’re kicking and screaming but it makes no difference.

I didn’t feel the needle, but I do feel the sedative knocking me out.

“Don’t worry…”

It’s Janet.

“… be okay…”

She’s fading away.

“…time…”

oOo

“… they should be alright. Major Carter’s blood pressure has returned to normal, as well as Colonel’s testosterone levels.”

“Are you sure, Doctor?”

“Yes, General.”

“Janet?” I’m alone in my bed. There’s no one attached to me.

“Hey Sam. You’re awake,” she states.

“What happened?” I wave with my now free hand. “How did…?”

“Well… Since you both displayed a desire for…”

“Yeah,” I cut her off. I don’t need a repeat in front of the General.

“It finally clicked. If we could mimic the state of body just after the…”

“Aha,” I cut her off again. And I’m blushing. Can’t say I missed that. Just call me Major Embarrassment from now on.

“… that the glue would wear off. Given what Daniel told us, that you two should get separated after sexual intercourse,” she says it too quickly so I can’t stop her, “we figured out that endorphins were the key.”

I bet she did it only to get revenged. “Endorphins?”

“After sex,” Damn.

Why did I have to ask!?, “the body releases endorphins. So if you had enough of it in your system…”

“Yeah, I get the picture.”

“Major, I’m glad to have you back.”

“Thank you, General, and I would like to…”

“No apologies necessary. You were under the influence of an alien virus, that’s good enough for me.”

I nod in appreciation. I really wouldn’t like to have to say it.

“If you’ll excuse me, I have some paperwork to finish,” the General gives us both a nod, and walks out.

There’s a silence before Janet speaks. “As soon as you’re ready, you’re free to leave,” she wants to talk to me, but we both know that’s impossible. She would have to report the Colonel and me if that were to happen.

“Really?” I try to sound excited, and in fact, I am, because she gave me a way out. Out of the infirmary and out of that conversation.

“Yeah,” Janet smiles, “really.”

After I got my clothes on, I practically run to the door. I stop before leaving, turning to Janet. “The Colonel?”

She looks up from her files for a moment. “He woke up before you did. He’s in his office the last I heard.”

He’s probably hiding. “Thank you,” and Janet knows it’s not just for the information she just provided.

oOo

After an hour of hiding in my lab, I decide I have to face the Colonel. We have a mission scheduled for tomorrow, and avoiding each other won’t help.

So I pick up an object from my third draw, and head for the door, only to bump into the man in question. “Sir!”

“Carter.”

“I was just coming to see you.”

My mind is a blank. At least I would have time to prepare for the meeting on the way to his office. But the Colonel’s not there any more. He’s here.

And he’s waiting for me to continue.

I gulp. “About,” I sigh, “what happened…” gulping again, “… I’m sorr…”

“We weren’t ourselves Carter,” he cuts me off.

We weren’t? “Yes sir,” I respond automatically. Of course we weren’t.

“But,” now he gulps, “for the record, I’m sorry too.”

We stand, facing each other in silence, and I don’t know what more to say. He has nothing to feel sorry about.

“That for me?” he points to the object in my hand.

I smile, “Yeah,” and give it to him.

“Sweet,” says the kid in front of me, turning it on.

“Sir?”

He looks up.

“We’re good?”

“No Carter,” he says seriously, “you owe me a yo-yo too!”

Now I giggle. “Yes sir.”

We’re good. I know that. This past four days will be pushed aside as one of ‘Sam and Jack’ moments. And boy, those were the most interesting moments of late.

tbc