samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Well, here's Chapter Four. This will be the last chapter, with only an epilogue to follow. Yes, it's short, but I decided to split the epilogue and this chapter into two separate chapters instead of one. Please, feel free to review!


It was an interesting sight, to say the least, when SG-1 emerged from the ‘gate, behind them, five others. Jack, Daniel and Teal’c were all wearing what looked like medieval style gear, and Carter… Carter was wearing a beautiful blue satin dress that showed off her figure, and complemented her eyes. The eyes of all the SF’s in the room were on her.

Hammond turned his eyes to the other five people. One was a tall man with black hair, another, a younger man with auburn hair and beard, standing quite close to a small dark haired women in a white robe. The last two were a blonde woman also in a blue dress similar to Carters, with a tiara in her hair, and a child about eight. Something about her seemed familiar to Hammond, but he shrugged it off.

Turning to the mic, he pressed down the button before speaking into it. “Welcome back, SG-1. Would you like to change before debriefing, or shall we debrief now?” There was a hint of amusement in his voice.

“I’d love to get changed first, Sir.” O’Neill replied. He gestured to their guests. “But first, I think some introductions are in order. And we should find them some quarters too.”

“Very well, Colonel.”

O’Neill gestured to the tall, dark haired man. “This is Sir Sparhawk.” Hammond felt a shock of recognition at the name. It couldn’t be…

O’Neill gestured to the blonde woman. “This is Queen Ehlana, Sparhawk’s wife, and their daughter, Princess Danae.” Ehlana gestured and Danae grinned impishly.

“Sir Vanion, and the Lady Sephrenia, High Priestess of Aphrael.” O’Neill introduced the last two people.

“I think we need to have a chat, Colonel. I know these names. And I don’t see how it’s possible.”

“I’ve learned as of late, General, nothing is impossible.” He shot a quick glance over at Carter, who bowed her head slightly with a slight blush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Half an hour later, SG-1 along with their guests, and Dr. Frasier were seated at the briefing room table, relating their tale to Hammond. Somehow, Hammond wasn’t too surprised to find out Danae was a Goddess, but remembering his reaction to their names…

“And that’s it, Sir.” O'Neill finished. “Except, we want to see if we can help Ehlana.”

“And how would we do that?” Hammond had an eyebrow raised.

“Aphrael said her ovaries were damaged by the poison. That’s why she can’t have any more kids. Aphrael could get around it, being a Goddess and all, but…”

“Sir, we think the healing device may work,” Carter piped up. “But we need Dr. Frasier to look her over first to be certain.”

Hammond seemed lost in thought for a moment, before answering. “Doctor?”
“I see no harm in it. I can start right away if everyone’s OK with that.” She looked around the table. No one spoke out.

Hammond stood. “Well, I think it’s settled. Your Majest- Ehlana- if you would accompany Dr. Frasier.”

Everyone else stood. “Of course, General. May my husband and daughter accompany me?”
“Of course.”

O’Neill turned to Vanion and Sephrenia. “Would you like a tour?”
“That would be nice.” Sephrenia replied, her beautiful lilt evident.
“Then, if you’ll follow me…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they met up with Ehlana next, she was sitting on the edge of a bed in the infirmary, her face radiant, as was that of her husband and daughter.

“It worked.” Carter said, a grin crossing her face. “Aphrael confirmed it. All damage done by the poison has been reversed. Ehlana can have another child. A number of children, if she wants to.”

“That’s great news, Carter. I think we need to go out to celebrate.”
“Sir?”
“They showed us their world, let’s show them ours. I say O’Malley’s. They have a good steak there.”
“Shall I go clear that with General Hammond?”
“Ask him to come along. He looks like he could use a night out.”
Carter laughed softly. “Whatever you say, Sir.” She smiled, as she left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, they all gathered at O’Malley’s. Hammond had thought it was a great idea to celebrate, and O’Neill secretly thought he was just a little bit clucky. They had a great dinner, each party relating amusing stories. Teal’c had the whole table in stitches when he recounted the tale of O’Neill being busted playing golf through the Stargate during the time loop, the highlight being his impression of O’Neill’s ‘In the middle of my backswing?!’

All too soon, the night was over, and the party returned to the base. The guests had been set up in VIP quarters, and everyone else slept in their quarters on base. It had been a very good night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next few days, SG-1 was on downtime, showing their guests their world. They took them to the zoo, an amusement park, shopping, various dinners, and showed them the sights of their world. Teal’c insisted on watching the whole Star Wars trilogy in one night, to a few groans from his team mates, but with various nibblies like popcorn and chips, they weren’t too unhappy. O’Neill insisted on watching The Wizard of Oz, and it turned into a whole night of movies, which fascinated their guests.

All too soon, however, it was over, and their guests had to return home. They gathered in the control room, where General Hammond presented Sparhawk with an IDC, and showed him how to use it. Aphrael had put in her own dialling program, so getting to their world wouldn’t be a problem, and Aphrael could send them back any time she wanted to.

Ehlana told them to visit any time they wanted to, and thanked them all for a wonderful time, and for everything they had done, for her, and for her friends. A place would always be welcome for them in Cimmura.

With tears in all their eyes, they walked towards the engaged Stargate, turning to wave goodbye as each stepped through. Aphrael stepped through last. She turned, and gave her impish grin. “Thank you” was all she said, as she stepped through.

To everyone’s surprise, the sound of pipes could be heard in the control room, and both Daniel and Teal’c had a mysterious smile on each of their faces.



Please visit my sci-fi, fantasy and anime forum: http://the-phoenix-lair.lefora.com/



End Notes: Please, please, please review! I love reviews! And any flames will be put to use lighting my cigarettes :P