samandjack.net



Daniel squeezed Sarah’s hand gently eliciting a very slight smile from her face. He could see the fear and apprehension in her eyes, but he could also see the excitement in them. They waited patiently for the door to open and as it did his senses were filled with the fresh air smell and natural heat from the sun. They stepped through the open doorway together and after a few steps they were on the grass. Daniel tried to ignore the SF guards who kept a respectable distance but would not let them stray too far away. Sarah took her hand out of Daniel’s and bent down to remove her shoes. He watched her with a smile on his face, enjoying her fascination with such simple things. She put her feet onto the grass and flexed her toes a few times. Her eyes were focusing downwards on the blades of grass which had made their way into between her toes; Daniel could see her smile because of the sensations. Her head suddenly snapped upwards to the sky and Daniel followed her gaze. A bird was flying high up above them and Sarah was smiling at it. He watched as she stretched out her own arms and slowly spun around, never taking her eyes from the bird.

“I’m free.”

SG – SG – SG

Jack opened the front door and paused to allow Sam in first. It had been seven days since he had returned to Earth with her and two since she had fully regained consciousness. Jack had left the base the day before to take Daniella home after she had spent a night on the base with Sam. Jacob had returned as soon as he had made contact with the SGC and had the all clear to bring Daniella and Cassie home. Jack had then allowed Daniella to spend one night with the mother she had not seen in two weeks, but then took her home to Sasha for stability. Sasha, meanwhile, had no idea where Sam had been for two weeks or why Jack had been so busy at work that he had taken Daniella there. One day she was going to quit and escape the mad life Jack and Sam made her live in. He had asked Sasha to take Daniella to the park to allow Sam some time at home alone. Things could not be rushed for Sam to recover fully. He watched as she stepped into the foyer of their house and he followed, closing the door behind him. She stood there staring at everything. “You okay?”

She nodded. “Will you ever tell me what I did?”

“You didn’t do anything.”

She sighed and turned to him. “Will you ever tell me what it made me do?” she clarified.

He shook his head. “I hope your memories of that never come back.” He truly meant it, but he still hoped that her memories from beforehand returned. He did not care that she could possibly remember things about Osiris’ plans if she tried hard enough. He was putting his family first, not his job or his planet.

She smiled at him. “I might not remember what happened with Osiris, but I do remember everything up until then. I couldn’t before, but I remember now. I remember fighting with you. I remember disobeying orders and going to find you on P6X 2AE.”

He looked away from her, down at his feet at the memory of how stupid he had been before the clarifying conversation. He started to mumble something, unsure of what exactly he was trying to say, but he was cut off as she stepped towards him and kissed him. After a few blissful moments where his arms wrapped around her to pull her tight, he pulled his mouth away from hers. “Are you sure? Is this what you want?” he whispered.

“I want nothing more than you.”

SG – SG – SG

The End.
Happy ever after?