samandjack.net



Jack entered the 'gate room and saw Daniel already waiting at the base of the ramp. They each smiled a bit hesitantly at each other and then Jack glanced up at the control room. The Stargate was already spinning and he saw Carpenter up in the control room and dialling the planet that Aldwin had given them the co-ordinates to. The klaxons were already sounding and Jack knew that it would not be long before somebody arrived to try and stop them. He could only hope that the Stargate would activate before that point and that then Teal'c and Carpenter could still make it to the Stargate. The 'gate engaged and within just a few seconds, Teal'c and Carpenter entered the embarkation room from opposite doors.

"Let's go, campers!" Jack said re-positioning the cap on his head and they all began to walk up the ramp. Turning to Carpenter, Jack said, "Daniel told you this isn't an order, right?"

"Yes, sir, but everything I've learnt about SG-1 says that they stick together and don't leave anyone behind. In fact, I believe that you guys have done *this* before."

Jack nodded thinking back to Apophis' planned attack on Earth and when SG-1 had disobeyed direct orders to try and stop it. They had succeeded then so maybe there was a chance this time. As the team reached the event horizon, General Hammond’s voice came over the PA system: "Colonel O'Neill, SG-1, stand down!" he commanded.

None of SG-1 paused or glanced back, not even Carpenter who had possibly never disobeyed a direct order in her entire career. As a team they stepped into the wormhole and travelled across the stars until they emerged and found themselves in a room which looked distinctly Goa'uld.

"Has Aldwin tricked us?" Carpenter asked as all four of them remained where they were, staring at everything ahead of them.

"I do not believe so," Teal'c replied. "This is indeed of Goa'uld design."

"Tell me we're not on a freaking ship," Jack pleaded.

Daniel shook his head. "No one said anything about a ship. Maybe the 'gate was moved."

"Very good, Daniel."

Everyone knew to whom the deepened voice belonged as they all slowly turned around to see who it was standing on the other side of the Stargate and flanked by Jaffa.

"Sam," Jack whispered.

SG – SG – SG

She is still torturing me. She attacked a planet from her ship and made me watch. The planet's people had not done anything. She had nothing to gain from the act. She was not losing anything by allowing the planet to live. There was no punishment needed, no stand to make. There was no reputation to keep or a show of force to scare someone else. She did it purely to torture me. She heard my protesting screams, my pained shouts, my silent screeches. And she laughed at me.

She set a whole planet on fire for my benefit.

And then she hinted at this great plan that she has. I fought back with her and declared defiantly that my team would come for me.

They have not disappointed.

Four members of my family stand in front of me. I can't explain or describe what I see in their eyes, but it breaks me inside. Sadness. Fear. Shock. Disgust. Regret. Pain.

Love.

I see it all. They want me home. They want to get the snake out of me, make me human again. I know that if they can't they will kill me. Any one of them would kill me if they got the chance and all hope was lost. Even Daniel.

I can see it in Jack and Daniel's eyes - they know that it's Osiris standing in front of them, that it's merely the shell of my body and not me. They can't hide the love from their eyes though, and anything I can see, *she* can see. She knows SG-1 better than they know themselves. No Goa'uld has ever had a better advantage over Earth and it's my fault. That's why any of the four of them will kill me and her at the first opportunity. I don't want that. I want them to fight her, I want them to win, I want them to rescue me and free me from this torment.

Was this her plan? Is this her big hinted at plan? I can't believe that her plan was simply to get them here and do what no other Goa'uld has ever managed: Kill SG-1. She had Sarah and didn't need me for that. There has to be something bigger at plan, but she definitely has plans for them right now. I'm going to be forced to watch through my own eyes as she tortures them with my hands. I'm going to have to look into their eyes as she inflicts such pain that I cannot imagine. She's already told me that what Ba'al did to Jack will pale into comparison with what she has planned for each and every one of them. Like a personal trainer creating a personalised gym plan, she has distinct torture regimes for each of them.

It's been painful and impossible to watch her kill others, but to watch her kill my family, those that I love more than anyone else in the universe, with my own hands...

I'd give up.

I'd die inside.

SG – SG – SG

"Our team is here, we are all back together again," Osiris said happily. "We have been awaiting you."

"We're not your team," O'Neill replied. His voice was scarily devoid of any emotion. "You're not Carter."

"You would like to think that, would you not? You try to believe it, but you see Samantha Carter and know she is in here." Osiris paused, taking a few steps closer to the group. "She told me that you would come for her."

"And we have." O'Neill had not expected to feel this confused. He knew that it was Osiris standing in front of him, but its voice was Carter's. Osiris looked and sounded just like Carter. The Goa'uld's eyes had not yet flared yellow nor had the deep voice been used since its arrival. It was Sam.

"You are too late to rescue her. She has succumbed to me." Osiris stepped closer again and O'Neill raised his Zat weapon. "You will not harm us."

He knew what he needed to do. His military training was practically screaming in his head to shoot. They had the opportunity, possibly their only chance and he should take it. It would just be a Zat hit. If he only fired the once, Osiris/Carter would be in pain, but unconscious and still alive. They could flee the other Jaffa and take her home. It sounded so simple. It was his engrained training that had ruled his life for the majority of it. He had made the tough decision before and he knew that he was capable of making it again, time and time again. But he could not. He could not squeeze the trigger and fire the electrical impulse. "It's just a Zat," he replied. "Carter'll be fine."

"Foolish, colonel. I will make sure that she is not *fine*. We know you are aware of the pain a symbiote can inflict upon their host." Osiris had continued stepping forward and was now standing directly in front of O'Neill. Teal’c and Daniel were just to O'Neill's left whilst Carpenter was on his right. O'Neill knew that all three of them were prepared to shoot Osiris and that they were quietly waiting for him. O'Neill saw Daniel take a small step forwards.

"What do you intend on doing with us?" he asked.

Osiris took a step towards Daniel and O'Neill lowered his Zat very slightly. He was not yet ready to risk Carter. "We are aboard my ship and we are waiting."

"Not again," O'Neill muttered.

"Waiting for what?" Daniel asked.

Osiris laughed. "This ship is on a planet and not going anywhere. Do not panic, Jack." O'Neill bristled at the sound of his name with Carter's voice. "This is not like the last time. Apophis is not the God about whom you need to worry."

"Who is?" Daniel asked.

Osiris turned and glared at him. "All of your questions, Daniel," she roared. "You should learn to mind your own business." O'Neill had never seen Carter in such an angry state and in that moment, he had no doubt that she was not his love. Osiris quickly raised her hand, bearing the hand device she wore and used it on Daniel. Daniel flew backwards some feet and crashed to the floor. O'Neill winced as he raised his Zat once again. The other two reaffirmed their grips on their weapons. "Do not think it, O'Neill. Jaffa," she called, "kree!" As six more Jaffa entered from the open doorway behind Osiris, she said, "You are now our prisoners."

Two of the Jaffa grabbed Teal'c, each forcefully holding one arm and they led him from the room. The third Jaffa grabbed Carpenter by the elbow and led her behind Teal'c. Neither of them put up a fight and each dropped their weapons without question. They all knew that it was not the right time to resist. O'Neill watched as a fourth Jaffa went over to the unconscious Daniel and hoisted him up onto his shoulder. Osiris nodded at this Jaffa as he passed her. O'Neill waited patiently as the rest of his team were taken from the room while two Jaffa simply looked at him. Once the others were out of sight, Osiris nodded at the two remaining Jaffa. As they reached for O'Neill, he threw a punch at one and attempted at the second, but was grabbed from behind by the first. The second then punched him in the stomach, causing him to double slightly in pain. Osiris came to stand in front of O'Neill. She forced his head up to look at her.

"Keep fighting for your Tau'ri pride, Jack. It upsets her to see you in pain." Osiris paused and smiled wickedly. "I enjoy her pain." O'Neill glared at Osiris, but acquiesced. He refused to play into Osiris' hands and he did not want Carter to suffer. He shook the Jaffa's restraints off and wondered why Osiris had just revealed that Carter was still in there and able to feel pain. Osiris turned to the two Jaffa. "Take him to my chambers."

SG – SG – SG