samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back yes please


Chapter 11


A week later Jack and Sam left just after breakfast to take a walk and they took some seeds with them; they had the seeds of red, black and green grapes, apples, pears, oranges, apricots, plums and peaches. Along with the seeds they took three canteens of the red water along on their walk. They were away until lunch time.

When they got back for their lunch the guards at the Stargate radioed them to let them know that there was an incoming traveller. They all waited to see who it was and then a cargo ship landed nearby and a Tok’ra came running out of the ship. Jacob went to meet him.

“Mel’ac, what is going on?” Jacob asked.

“We just received word that the system lords are sending five mother ships to the Tok’ra home world. We are trying to find a planet were it would be safe for all of us.”

“Send them here, they will be safe” Daniel said.

“What! Are you crazy? The Jaffa will kill all of us.”

“No they won’t. Haven’t you heard what happened to Jack and Sam?” Daniel asked.

“Yes; we heard that they made the Jaffa realize that the Goa’uld are not gods.”

“Yes that is right. We haven’t got much time so go and tell them to start sending them here” Jacob said.

“Alright but there is something else you should know; Martouf is dying and Lantash is ill.”

“Just send them here and we will take care of him.”

“Ok”

Mel’ac went back to the cargo ship and then it headed back to the Stargate. Jacob turned around to face Daniel.

“We will need all the help we can get Daniel, any ideas?”

“We will need cargo ships to help transport the Tok’ra here for one thing. They can have that spot over there in the clearing where they can make camp.”

“Good idea; you let Jack and Sam know what’s happening and I’ll go round up some pilots.”

“Ok”

Daniel informed Jack and Sam about what was happening with the Tok’ra while Jacob was able to get some pilots together for the cargo ships. Once that was done, they headed to the Stargate. When they arrived the Tok’ra had already started to come through the gate and Jacob told them where to put there things in the cargo ships as they landed.

Four hours later all of the Tok’ra had made it to the planet safely though Martouf died just before they left the planet and Lantash was still weak from the Ashrak attack. When they arrived at the campsite, the Jaffa helped the Tok’ra set up camp. There was some tension in the air, they all knew that but at least they were safe for the time being.

When Jack and Sam returned from their swim, Daniel told them that Martouf had died and that the Tok’ra needed a host for Lantash. Jack asked if Lantash was still in Martouf and Daniel said yes. Jack looked at Sam and then they both walked over to where the Tok’ra were camped. They walked over to Martouf’s body was on the ground with a blanket covering him.

Jack knelt down on his knees next to the head and pushed back the blanket. Some of the Tok’ra tried to stop Jack but Sam stopped them by putting her hand up. Jack placed his hand on Martouf’s head and then bent over and opened the mouth. As soon as he was close enough he also opened his mouth. They all saw Lantash leap into Jack’s mouth and then Jack covered the body up again, before he collapsed next to it.

They were all shocked at what he had done. Sam had Teal’c carry Jack over to where the infirmary tent was and Daniel told Janet what had just happened. She checked on Jack and she found that his pulse was weak; she didn’t know if he would live or die because of what he had just done. Sam stayed with him, never leaving his side.

Two days later Lantash died and almost took Jack with him. Sam was lying down close to him all of the time and Janet had wanted to take Jack back to the SGC but Sam wouldn’t allow her to take him anywhere.

The next morning Jack woke up and the first person he saw was Sam. She gave him the smile that he loved so much and then she gave him some of the red water to help him regain his strength and then she gave him a kiss. They talked about Lantash’s memories of Jolinar and how much he had loved her.

Later that afternoon they left the campsite for a few days; a week later they returned just in time for breakfast, happily holding on to one another’s hands. Everyone was happy to see that Jack was alive and well. After breakfast they went for a walk and they each had a back pack with them. About two hours later they returned with their packs full of something which they showed to Daniel, Teal’c and Jacob.

Jack and Sam told them about what they had done a couple of weeks ago, when they went for a walk. They were happy as they told them how the fruit grew so quickly and that there was plenty of fruit for all of the Tok’ra and the Jaffa to eat.

They showed them where they were growing. When the five of them arrived, the three men were shocked when they saw hundreds of trees and grape vines everywhere, full of ripening fruit. They were very surprised and happy about this turn in events. There was plenty of fruit for everyone.

They showed them the red grapes; they told them to use them to make wine for a celebration and the three agreed to this. When they got back to the camp they told everyone about the fruit that everyone could share but they were told to leave the red grapes so they could be used for the making of the wine.

They got together some seeds from Earth and they started planting them. They planted carrots, cabbages, peas, beans, lettuces, tomatoes, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, beans, potatoes, onions, garlic and melons. The SGC sent through hens for eggs, sheep and pigs; they were keeping them well feed and alive until the time came.

Fortunately there were four men from different SG teams who grew up on farms and knew how to slaughter the animals. After the vegies were planted they put a mixture of water and the red water together and then it was poured over the seeds. Everyone was getting along well and later that evening Jack and Sam left to go to their little home for the night. Everyone was settling down for the night after a hard days work and. Daniel was doing some more research, when Jacob showed up.