samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back yes please


Chapter 14


General Hammond mounted the platform and he put his hands up and everyone went quiet and then he spoke into the microphone that was in his hand.

“On the behalf of the SGC, the Tok’ra and the Jaffa, we welcome you back Colonel O’Neill and Major Carter.”

They all applauded and then he passed the microphone to Jack.

“This is a shock all right; Daniel has filled us in about what has happened here in the past few months. Unfortunately, Sam and I don’t remember any of it. At least this is a start to end the biggest war ever. The sooner all of the Goa’uld are defeated, the sooner we all can settle down somewhere with our friends and families. I know there is still a long way to go for all of us and I know that most of you haven’t seen your families in months but hopefully you will join your loved ones soon. I know that you will help protect these special children (Jack put his hand on Sam’s swollen stomach) that Sam and I have created together. It is a shame that we don’t remember doing it but these children are a gift from the Ancients to us both. They will, one day, help defeat the Goa’uld once and for all.”

“How many babies are you carrying Major?” Ferretti yelled out. Sam took the microphone out of Jack hands.

“Jack and I have been blessed with seven children. Ferretti, I know you are going to be starting some betting pools about the date of the birth, how many sons and daughters, etc., that we are going to have; what money that leftover after the payouts can go to the kids, got it?”

“Yes ma’am” and everyone laughed.

Jack and Sam talked to both the Tok’ra and the Jaffa for about an hour and a half when Sam had to sit down. Jack was rubbing her back with one hand and feeding her blue Jello with the other. Jack had asked General Hammond if the SGC would send some, since Sam felt like having some. He had sent the blue Jello along with some red.

Jack and Sam spoke to the Tok’ra Counsel and expressed their condolences at the loss of Martouf and Lantash. They understood; they would do anything to help protect the children, since they were a part of Jolinar.

Jack and Sam stayed at the campsite for a week so that they could talk to the Jaffa and the Tok’ra. They went for swims together, which Sam really enjoyed, in the mornings and Sam helped with the designing and growing of the Tok’ra crystals. There were used in the walls of the cliffs to make storage areas so that there would be more room in the camp for living areas for everyone.

Teal’c and Bra’tac went back to Chulak with some of the red water to give to the Jaffa children who had not yet been given a symbiote, to heal and to protect them. Then just before Jack and Sam went back to Earth, a large group of women, accompanied by young girls, came through the gate. They had had heard about what had happened to Ba’al and Apophis.

The guard’s at the Stargate radioed ahead they company was coming. Jack and Sam used one of the cargo ships to go to the Stargate. They took along eight SG team members, just in case the women were not friendlys.

Their leader, Ishta spoke to Jack and Sam; they held hands as before but with their other hand’s they placed on each side of Ishta’s temple. Then Jack and Sam nodded and greeted them; they repeated this method of greeting with all of the women and young girls who had come with Ishta though the Stargate. It took eight trips in the cargo ship to transport all of them to the campsite. After the women and young girls were settled in, Jack and Sam had a rest for a few hours.

It wasn’t until the next day that Jack and Sam left the campsite to return to earth. They promised that they would keep everyone up to date on how the children were coming along. When they arrived back at the SGC, they were greeted by the personnel that hadn’t gone through the Stargate. General Hammond showed them to their new quarters; when they opened the door they were surprised at what they saw.

There was a king size bed with a green and blue checked duvet cover with plenty of pillows on the bed for them, there was table with six chairs and a corner eight seater sectional couch. There was a small kitchen area with a fridge in it. When Sam opened it, she began to laugh.

“What’s so funny Sam?” Jack asked.

“Come and have a look”

Jack walked up behind Sam, and saw a little notice stuck to the racks on the shelves in the fridge; it said ‘Baby bottles only’ then Jack turned to look at General Hammond.

“Whose idea was this?”

“It was my idea.” A voice said, coming from behind a closed door. Jack and Sam went over to the door and Jack opened it.

“Mr President” they said at the same time, very surprised.

“Yes it is; welcome back Colonel O’Neill, Major Carter.”

“Thank you, sir” Jack said. Sam noticed a basinet in the room.

“Oh my god, it that what I think it is?” Sam said.

“Yes it is/ come and have a look at the nursery,” the President said as he stepped back so that Jack and Sam could walk into the room.

They were very surprised; there were seven basinets, seven cribs, changing tables, some baby clothes, car seats, the works.

“Sir, did you do this?” Sam asked as she looked into one of the basinets.

“Well, the government payed for it. General Hammond asked me a couple of months ago about doing these rooms up for you two. It took me two days to decide after reading the reports that I had received from Dr Jackson. It was amazing the things that you two can do now. It was two weeks ago when I found out that you were carrying seven gifted babies within you, so I told General Hammond to go for it. The only thing that they couldn’t decide on was the colour of the blankets for the cribs and basinets. We thought that you two could decide on the colours.”

“Thank you sir, this is amazing” Sam said and put her hand on her belly and smiled at the same time.