samandjack.net

Author's Notes: feed back, yes please


They were all happy for them, Daniel cut the cake as Teal'c and Jacob arrived and then they told Teal'c about the engagement. Jack and Sam shared a plate between them. Before long it was all gone and Cassie took the plates, forks and the knives back to the kitchen, while the others talked about the house and how things were going on the planet between the Tok'ra and the Jaffa. A few hours later they all left and Jack and Sam talked some more about the house and what colours would be great for the kids' rooms.

They decided that the outside of the house would be a caramel brown, with chocolate brown facings. They decided to paint their bedroom in peach/apricot and their master bathroom done in a blue. The four children's bathrooms were going to be done in light blue and the guest bathroom was going to be done in a darker blue. The two-guest bedrooms downstairs were going to be done in peach apricot and pale colours. The kids' bedrooms were going to be done in pink, yellow, aqua, blue, orange and green. The last bedroom was going to be done in Peach. Jack and Sam chose the colours from the 'Benjamin Moore' paint samples. They decided to have pine panelling for the rest of the rooms; once they had chosen the colours, Sam started getting tired so they decided to get some sleep. Once every thing was put away for the night, Jack gave Sam a good night kiss before he got into bed himself.

The next day they chose a light brown carpet for the house, the kitchen floor was going to be tiled, with under floor radiant heating. They spent some time looking at different types of furniture, marking all the ones that they would love to get. They knew that financially they could afford to do only part of the house up since they would have to trade in both of their cars for larger ones.

Later that afternoon, when Sam was asleep, Jack took the samples back to the shops. Cassie came to visit Sam only to find her sleeping. She put the flowers that were in a jar, on her bedside table, when she noticed all the pamphlets and pieces of papers, with numbers and names on them. She took a closer look at them and she realized what was going on. It was their dream to do the house up but from what she saw of the different costs of the things that they would need to have done, plus getting the contractors in to do it and how long it would take, it was a tough road ahead of them.

Cassie wrote down the same things that Jack had written down along with the code numbers for the paint, what panelling they were going to use, the showers, the baths, everything. Once she was done she sat down for about a half hour, thinking, when Jacob arrived. Cassie showed him everything that she found and what Jack and Sam would love to do to the house. Jacob took Cassie's notes and left to make a phone call.

By the time Jacob got back Jack had returned, so they sat around talking until Sam woke up. Jacob and Cassie left the room since Sam was going to have a bath. Jacob spoke to Cassie, telling her that he has spoken to George and that he was going to spread the word about getting as many people together as possible to fix up the house for them as a thank you. They would use what money that had accumulated from lost bets over the past three years to help with buying the things that were needed to renovate the house for them.

One week later, after their individual homes were sold, they only had a short time to move out. When they received word about their closing date on the new house, they could move every thing in to there new home. This gave all the SGC personal the time to set up a date for everyone to get together to work on the house.

About five days before they had to be moved out of their old homes, the SGC personal got started working on the new house; the wives took care of the food and the drinks for the guys, while at the same time working on the gardens. They were lucky it was a fine day to work on the house and Cassie was video taping all of the progress of the house.

Even the nurses from the Academy hospital had been making sure that Jack was staying there. If he left, they would call to say that he had left the hospital. Three days later, the house was finished; the inspector came and gave them the thumbs up on the place.

The next day, Daniel gave the teams the keys to Jack and Sam's old houses, so they could move everything out and moved into their new home. They were able to trade in both of their beds for the new one that Jack had marked on one of the brochures. The same thing with the two fridge's and chest freezer. They were able to trade in both sets of washer/dryers for the new GE large load washer/dryers. They even got them new sheets and a duvet set to go with the bed. Jacob bought seven care bears, one for each of the cribs that they had purchased at the shop in town.

He got a pink one with two hearts on it, yellow one with sun and happy face, turquoises with stars and hearts on it, green with clover on it, blue with cup and star on it, orange with star and smiling face on it, purple with flower and smiling face on it.

When he arrived at the new house, they were just finishing putting the last of the new things away for Jack and Sam. Daniel and Teal'c were upstairs putting the cribs together and getting everything set up for them for when they got home.

When Jacob arrived in the room, he had a look around. The walls were a peach colour with allsorts of cartoon drawings on the walls. There were white dressers with all sorts of musical toys on them and pictures of Jack and Sam together, one of the team, one of General Hammond and Jacob together, another one of Janet and Cassie and another one of Mark and his family.

There were packets of cotton diapers as well as deposable ones. There were drawers full of baby clothes and cupboards full of new soft towels, receiving blankets and sheets. He even noticed two four-seater prams, seven baby car seats as well as seven baby front carry packs. Then Jacob walked over to the cribs and he put the care bears in each of the cribs, they all were about twenty-five centimetres tall.

"What so you think Jacob? Do you think Jack and Sam will like it?" Daniel asked.

"You guys did a great job on this room and on the house; they will love it."

"When the babies come home, O'Neill will have a barbeque for a celebration of the birth of his children and new home" Teal'c said.

"Yes, he will. He also will invite everyone over to thank them for what they did to the house and the garden" Jacob said.

Once everything was done and the old houses were cleaned and the keys were handed over, everyone relaxed, knowing that their mission was accomplished. George Hammond showed up after everyone had left, to see the house for the first time. He was amazed when he saw the transformation of the house.

Cassie had videotaped everything before everyone got together to work on the house. Now she was videotaping everything once again now that the house was finished. General Hammond was amazed at what had happened to the house and he knew that they would love the place. Cassie, Daniel and Teal'c made sure that Jack did go to the house; they all made sure that he has clean clothes and that the Simpson's have been taped for him.

Two months later it was Christmas and since Sam couldn't go anywhere, she did all of her shopping on the internet and had it sent to Janet's place, since she didn't know what was happening with the house.