samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Ok! So here is Chapter 10! And you guys have no idea how sorry I am about not getting this out sooner!
All mistakes are mine.
I own nothing.


I woke up and looked out the window. It was still dark outside, but it was the kinda purplish blue that symbols early morning. It took me a minute to realize where I was. I looked down and was greeted by a face full of soft blonde hair. I sat up, gently laying her whole body on the couch. I was surprised that she didn't wake up. She was always such a light sleeper on missions. I went and fumbled around her kitchen for some coffee. Once I found some I put it on and went back in the living room and sat in the chair across from the couch. I watched her sleep. On missions she never slept with a peaceful or relaxed face. But now she did. And I had to snap myself out of just staring at her.

The coffee beeped. I went and poured a cup for myself and was half way through with drinking it when Sam walked in the kitchen.

"Hey, Carter, glad you could join the land of the living." I said, taking a drink of my coffee.

She mumbled something I knew was probably an insult or some form of back talk. She poured herself some coffee and took a long drink.

"Sleep good?" I asked her.

"Yes."

"Any good dreams?"

"Yeah, I had a dream I fell asleep with some hot shot, but when I woke up he was gone."

"Sounds like a jerk."

"He's a softy once you get to know him."

We sat there and drank our coffee. It was nice having some enjoyable company in the morning when you wake up. I realized that this was our last day of downtime, and she probably had to do whatever girls like to do on Sundays. I put the coffee cup in the sink and walked over to where she was sitting at the table.

"I better get going,"

"Stuff to do today?"

"No, but I figured you had stuff to do before we go back to work tomorrow."

She thought for a moment, "I have nothing in particular that needs to be done. Besides finish cleaning."

"Well, I'll won't interrupt your cleaning this time."

"Alrighty,"

"See ya later," I said and kissed her lightly. I pulled away, but she stood up and brought my lips to her's again. I pulled away and started backing up, and she came with me. Her arms still around me, my hands on her waist, lips connected, walking backwards towards her door.

"Sam, I'll see you tomorrow," I said, breathless and between kisses.

"I know. I just wanted to give you something to miss later tonight." She said with a smile. She kissed me again, and then pulled away.

"Well, you can defiantly count on that," I kissed her and walked out the door. The early morning chill nipped at my face as I made my way to my truck.

It was going to be a long, long night.

----------

"Ah! Doc!"

"Sorry, Colonel, but you know I have to do this."

"Yeah, whatever."

We were in the infirmary getting checked over from our mission. It was a pretty simple mission. Nothing exciting. Why I have to be a human dartboard every time I come in here beats me.

"Hey, Carter!" I shouted over Fraiser.

"Yes, Sir?" She looked at me from the bed next to me.

"Has she been stabbing you?" I pointed to the Doc.

"No, Sir." She smiled.

"Doc!?"

"Yes, Colonel?" She said tightly.

"Why are you sticking me with those little swords and not Carter?"

"I will. Don't worry. Now, if you yell in my infirmary one more time I will give you another shot."

"Well, can I leave?"

"Please do."

"Join me for lunch when you are done, Carter?"

"Sure, save me a spot!"

"Will do," Without the doctor looking I winked at her, and she smiled and winked back.

I sat at a table waiting for her. I thought about the progress of our relationship. We haven't taken the next step. It still feels like a dream.

A really good dream.

I think we communicate differently then other people. Having to speak our feelings without making a sound about it. I think she knows I love her. And I think she loves me too. I'm just waiting for the right moment to say it.

I look up to see her walking in, and she smiles at me. I smile back and motion for her to come sit down. She nods and goes to get something to eat. She comes back with a salad.

"Hey," She says.

"Hey," I echoed.

"Wanna do something tomorrow night after work?" She said.

"Sure, what'd you have in mind?"

"I don't know, what sounds good to you?"

"Bar hopping."

She stopped her fork full of salad halfway, mouth open, and looking at me,

"We are not going bar hopping."

"You asked."

"Point taken."

"So, what are we doing tomorrow night?"

"We could go bowling,"

"You want you butt kicked?"

"We could go to the library and look at the new selection of books they have on black holes!" She said, and I couldn't tell if she was acting or not. I bet she was because she has that sparkle in her eyes that just screams mischief.

"We can go bowling."

"That's what I thought."

----------

Well, she whooped my six at bowling.

"I let you win. Just wait until next time," I said as we were walking hand in hand up to her front door.

She laughed, "Ok, whatever you say, Jack."

We got up to her door and I pulled her close to me and kissed her. I could feel the smile on her lips. I pulled away and smiled at her.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yes, absolutely." She said and kissed me. I kissed her back, and the kiss deepened. She kept her soft lips locked securely on mine, grabbed a hold of my jacket, and backed us up to her door. She just wouldn't stop kissing me. Not that I'm complaining, but I was getting light headed.

Finally, she released her tight grip on me and opened her door and pulled us both inside. I'd never figure Sam the type of person that would be the one to take that big leap. But then again, I'm still learning what she's like outside of the base. She walked backwards with my hands in her, leading me with a small smile on her face. She pulled us into her bedroom and shut the door.

She walked over and turned on a lamp that gave the room a soft glow. She walked back over to me and slid my jacket off my shoulders and on the ground.

It was taking my brain a little time to realize what was going on. Finally after all those years of the tension between us, is going to be broken tonight.

I pushed Sam's jacket off of her and threw it aside. My hands came up to the hem of her shirt and raised it up and over her head, and let it drop to the floor. I looked at her. She was absolutely breathtaking. My hands roamed her smooth, creamy, exposed skin. She was wearing a black lace bra that perfectly cupped her breasts. My eager fingers made their way up her back and unlatched the fabric. I let it slid down her arms and onto the floor. Her eyes were a dark blue, full of lust. I kissed her neck and whispered in her ear,

"Why weren't you telling me what you were hiding under those fatigues?"

She laughed, "I wanted you to find out yourself."

All clothes were discarded by me, and I stepped back to look at Sam.

Her long legs, her slim waist, how every curve of her body seemed to fit perfectly with me. I kissed her neck and pushed her back against the bed. She flopped down and I quickly followed her, landing on top of her.

This was it, the moment we both have been waiting for.

And it felt oh, so good.

I looked in her eyes and she looked back into mine.

"Jack," She said softly.

"Hmm?"

"I love you," She said, her voice was gentle, sweet, and tender.

I gave her a small smile and kissed her forehead,

"I love you too,"

----------

Sam was sleeping. I should be too, but I think I'm too happy to sleep. We were both exhausted from the tender, gentle lovemaking.

She was every man's fantasy.

If I were to die now, I would die happy. I was spooned up behind her, under the covers. My fingers just lightly rubbing her belly. The beginning of my life with Sam has officially started. If this was just one night, I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.



End Notes: Should there be more? And if you want more, any suggestions of what you want?

Adios,

xoxo,

WhiteTigers