samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Sorry for any mistakes!

Enjoy!


I woke up to an empty bed.

I got up and walked out into the kitchen. I decided I would let Sam tell me when she's ready.

Sam was sitting on the couch drinking coffee and reading the paper. When she heard me, she looked up and instantly stood up. She put the coffee and paper down on the coffee table and looked at me.

"Jack," Before she could finish I stopped her,

"Sam, don't worry about it."

"No, I want you to know how sorry I am and how much I feel like such a low life for acting that way last night."

"Sam, everyone has bad days. I understand."

"I'm still sorry."

"It's okay, really." I came up to her and hugged her. She clung to me like I was a life jacket in the middle of the ocean. Her hands clutched my shirt, bundling it up in her elegant fingers. I kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back in soothing efforts. I pulled back just enough to look at the face I adore,

"Why don't you say we do something today. We haven't done anything in quite sometime."

"I'd like that,"

"What would you like to do?"

"I'm not sure," She said.

"We could just go for a walk,"

She just smiled and went to get her jacket.

We got outside and she linked her arm with mine. Her not telling me and being upset was eating at my sanity though.

"Sam,"

"Hmm,"

"You know how I feel about you, right?"

"Yes,"

"And you know that I will always be here, right?"

"Yes, Jack." She smiled and then chuckled, "What's gotten into you?"

She put her hand to my forehead, "You're not warm,"

"Alright, smartass," She giggled at that.

"I just wanted you to know that you can tell me anything."

"I know," She said quietly.

I kissed her forehead and continued down the road.

"We should go somewhere," I said.

"What do you mean?" She said, puzzled.

"Like, a getaway. The next time we have 2 weeks downtime, let's go."

"Like where?"

"I don't know, Minnesota, the Caribbean, Europe. You chose anywhere you want to go, and we will go."

"Okay, now I'm worried." She joked with a Colgate smile.

"Well don't be, I'm serious. You deserve some rest somewhere where you want to be."

"Jack, I appreciate what you're doing, and believe me, if I could jump on a flight and go to the Caribbean right now I would. But I also know that I'll probably be visiting somewhere like that next week. Too far for any plane to go." She said with a sympathetic smile. "But then again, I might not be going at all," She said under her breath, I thought I imagined it.

"Why?" I said.

"Oh, just because I haven't been feeling my best lately. I'm going in to see Janet tomorrow. I think it might be a stomach bug or something, but I want to be sure." She said, looking down the road.

"Well, what if it's more then a stomach bug?"

"What do you mean?" She said quickly with sudden alert.

"I don't know," I said slowly.

"It's not going to be more then a stomach bug," She said sharply.

"How do you know?"

"Because I do." She said, her face expressionless. She pulled her arm out of mine and stuffed them in her coat pocket. I knew I was pushing the limits here.

"I know, Sam."

She stopped dead in her track and looked at me, "K-know what?" She stuttered.

I hesitated, I wanted to tell her, but I didn't know how she would react.

"I know that you are right, it's probably just a tummy bugger."

Her face showed relief for a split second, and then she gave me a small smile. She came up to me and gave me a light kiss,

"Let's go home," She said sweetly.

"Let's," I said. We walked back to her house in companionable silence.

We got to her house, and she started taking off her shoes and coat. When I didn't she looked at me funny,

"What's wrong? Is it cold in here, because I can turn up the heat." She said, turning to the thermostat on the wall.

"No, I just thought I'd give you the last day of downtime to yourself."

She paused with her hand on the dial, a look of hurt on her pretty face. She let her hand drop with a clap on her thigh. She rubbed her hand on the back off her neck with a smile that didn't reach her outrageous eyes.

"Oh, okay. I wanted to catch up on my mail and stuff anyway," She looked like she was going to say more but then closed her mouth a smiled.

I walked up to her and kissed her while holding her face in my hands. Threading my fingers in her soft hair. I pulled away and looked in her eyes. She bore right into mine.

"I'll see you tomorrow, right?" She croaked.

"Yeasureyoubetcha," I said quietly. I kissed her one last time and then walked to the door. I turned back to see her looking at me with longing eyes. God, she was breathtakingly gorgeous.

"I love you," She said.

"I know," I said, and walked out the door, and headed home.

----------

"Knock knock," Someone outside my office said.

"Come in, Daniel." I said.

He cracked the door open and stuck his head inside,

"Is this a bad time?"

"No,"

He slithered in and shut the door.

"Now Jack, I'm just the messenger so don't shoot me, okay?"

"Okay..." I said.

"Um, I don't know how else to say this, so I just will."

"Come on, Danny. The suspense is killing me."

"You need to find a replacement for Sam on SG-1."

"WHAT!?"

"You should probably go talk to her and see if she'll help you. And don't take it out on her. It was doctor's orders." He said, and raced out of the room.



End Notes: Am I keeping you on your toes with this story??

More will be coming!

xoxo,
WhiteTigers