samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Enjoy, my readers!


I was about to burst through her lab door, but figured I better approach this in a better manner.

The door was open and I looked inside. She was sitting at her lab bench staring at something. She was in deep thought.

"Sam?" I said softly.

No answer.

I went around to stand by her and lay a hand on her shoulder,

"Sam," I say again.

She blinks and then startles.

"I'm sorry! I didn't realize you were there,"

"What's going on?"

"I don't understand,"

"Why are you being kicked off of the team?"

"Oh, that," She looked down.

"Well," I prompted.

"Doctor's orders,"

"And why is she kicking you off?"

"I really don't want to talk about it." She said. She looked vulnerable and scared.

"Sam you can tell me anything. Why don't I take you to dinner, loosen you up and then you can tell me."

"I don't know," She said slowly.

"Come on, I'll take you to that Italian place."

She got a look of disgust on her face and covered her mouth,

"Oh my God," She jumped off her stool and ran out into the hall. I ran after her and saw her turn into the bathroom. Guards were looking at the door and then me. When I looked at them they instantly went back to attention. I went and waited for her in her lab. When she came back she stopped in the door way. Her face was pale, and she looked tired. I stood up,

"C'mere," I said. She walked towards me and I engulfed her in a hug. She hugged me back, her face in my shoulder. I pulled back and saw her eyes glittering with wetness.

"Let's go home,"

She just nodded and walked out with me. We got in my truck and I started headed towards her house,

"Where are you going?"

"Home,"

"Isn't it that way?" She said pointing left.

"My house?"

"Yeah,"

"We can go there if you'd like,"

"I need peace and quiet," She said tiredly.

"Alright," I took her hand and held it while I drove. She held it too, and dozing.

I pulled in and parked and she bolted up right,

"Don't worry, we are at my house." I said stroking her hand. She relaxed immediately and unbuckled herself and got out. I walked with her up to the house and opened the door and let her in.

She turned around abruptly, "Jack, before you jump to conclusions you have to know what's going on."

"Sam, I know."

"What?" She breathed, her eyebrow furrowed.

"I know, everything."

"How?" She said.

"I found, what do you call that stick ya pee on?" I said, scratching my head.

"A home test?"

"Yeah! That's it."

"I'm sorry," She said, starting to cry.

"Why?" I said alerted.

"Because I didn't tell you," She sniffed and ran her hands through her hand and then placed them on her hips, "Damn hormones."

"Sam, it's okay."

She looked at me, her face wet with tears, "It is?" She said quietly.

I walked up to her and took her hands and held them to my chest,

"Yes, it might get a bit chaotic, but we'll manage."

"But what about us?"

"What do you mean?"

"Our jobs, and what about us, you and me. Is this baby going to change us?"

"Of coarse he will, but in a good way."

"How do you know?"

"Because I do,"

"What about our jobs?" She said, sniffing again, calming down.

"What about 'em?"

"I can't go through the Gate. And what am I going to tell people?"

"The whole Gate thing, you can stay in the labs. But I don't understand the telling people part,"

"Jack, I am going to be a whale, people are going to start to wonder why my stomach is growing and nothing else."

"Oh,"

"Yeah," She stretched out.

We sat there in silence for what seemed like a lifetime.

"So you think it's a boy?" She said with a smile that lit up her whole face.

"Maybe," I said slowly.

"What if he's a girl?"

"Then I'll teach her guy stuff. No baby dolls or dresses allowed!"

Sam laughed, "I'd like to see you try,"

"Is that a dare?" I said with a daring tone.

"You bet it is." She said evenly.

"You're on," We shook hands and then laughed.

"Wanna go to bed?" I said.

"Yeah, I didn't realize how tired I was until now." She yawned, covering up her mouth.

We walked to the bedroom and I stripped down to my boxers. I gave her my shirt to wear. We both climbed in and I spooned up behind her. I was excited to be a father again, and I can't wait to see the mother side of Sam. I placed my hand on her belly and she put her hand over mine.

"I love you," I whispered in her ear.

"I love you too," She whispered back.

I can't believe how far Sam and I have come in a couple months. The only problem is that we aren't married. I'm pretty sure Sam dreamed about getting married and then having kids. I know one thing for sure though, I will be marrying Sam. Maybe next week, next month, or next year. It depends, but I am going to marry her.

"Sam, maybe I should just retire."

"Why?"

"Because then we won't be breaking the law, and that way someone can stay at home with the baby."

"I don't know, Jack."

"And with these knees I won't be able to stay much longer anyways. Let me do this for you and the baby."

"Let's talk about it in the morning, okay?"

"Alright,"

And with that we both fell asleep.

----------

I woke up with a start with Sam flinging the covers back and running down then hall. I got out of bed and ran to get a glass of water and walked to the bathroom to find her head in the toilet bowl, her hands gripping the sides. I knelt beside her and ran my fingers through her hair until she was done. She lifted her face and the color was drained. I handed her the water,

"Thank you," She said and rinsed her mouth out and then drank some. She set in on the counter and then let her body droop against the cabnits, resting her head on a drawer.

I pulled her to me and she cocooned herself against my chest.

"You'll get through this," I gripped her hand, "We'll get through this."

"I hope you're right."



End Notes: How should the pregnancy be like? Hard, easy, should there be problems, will Sam be moody? Suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

xoxo,
WhiteTigers