samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Sorry for any mistakes!
Hope you enjoy!
I own nothing


Ok! I have about 10 minutes before I head off to see if Sam is ready to go. I wonder if she will. After all, it is a little early to be leaving for a poker night. I didn't feel this nervous for my first date when I was a kid. I nervously paced my office for 8 minutes.

"Close enough." I mumbled to myself. I walked down the corridors and walked in her lab.

"Knock knock." I said though the open door. She looked up and smiled,

"Why, hello there. I was just wrapping up."

I smiled, "I'm gonna go get changed. Meet you up at the surface in 5?"

She nodded and closed her laptop and stuffed some papers into a folder.

I headed out. I was waiting for her by the elevator. She came prancing down the halls dressed in jeans and long-sleeve shirt. It was simple, but it showed her perfect figure off that she was hiding in fatigues.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Ready." She echoed. We headed out to my truck. We were leaving pretty early so there wasn't anyone in the parking lot. We were walking side by side and then I felt Sam's hand wrap around mine. I looked at her and smiled. She smiled back. I let go of her hand and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. She snaked a hand around my waist and we walked like that to my truck. I let go of her warm body and got in the driver's seat. She got in and buckled herself up.

-----------

The drive was quiet. And when we got to my house, I got out and ran around to the passenger side. I had a blindfold. I opened the door and put it around Sam's eyes.

"Jack!?" She asked, now fully alerted.

"Just trust me, alright?"

She hesitated and then nodded. I helped her out of the seat and walked her towards the woods. I was thankful that she wearing tennis shoes. I had one hand on the small of her back and the other on her arm, guiding her on the small trail in the woods.

Sam was quiet. Which is what I was expecting. She was a solider. She was using her other 4 senses, besides taste, to get as many clues as possible. We walked a little further, and we came upon a small clearing. When she realized we weren't moving anymore she put her hands on the cloth over her eyes and asked,

"May I remove this?"

"You may." I said back. She untied it, pulled it off of her face. She looked around, adjusting to the lighting. When she turned to me, she gave me a questioning look.

"What's this for?" She pointed to everything I had brought out here. It was a blanket, picnic basket, some pillows, and a rose on the picnic basket.

"The truth?" I asked. She nodded.

"Space Monkey and T aren't coming. I never asked them."

"And?" She stretched out the word.

"And, we aren't gonna be playing poker, if you can tell."

"So what will we be doing?"

"I'd thought we could go save the world. Or this time, maybe even Mars!" I said sarcastically. She knew I was teasing.

"Sounds great. But, I really want to know the reason why you dragged me out into the woods."

"I figured we could just relax a bit. You know, just talk."

"Talk about what?"

"I don't know. Anything, I guess."

"But why out here?" I think she was asking me all the questions on purpose. I could see the humor in her eyes.

"Just sit down and find out."

She laughed and sat down beside me. I grabbed the rose and handed it to her.

"Is this a date?" She asked.

"I think so."



End Notes: DON'T WORRY!!! I have got another chapter for the date. Which is already in the making! :)
Thanks for reading!