samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Sorry for mistakes! I know this one took longer, but I was busy all week.
Thanks for the support guys!


She smiled as she took the rose from my hand and brought it to her nose. I don't think I could ever explain to her how much I love her smile.

"So, Colonel, what's the plan for this date?" She said, hiding behind the rose.

I smile, "Well, Major, I didn't plan out anything."

She set the rose down and laid down on her back and looked up at the sky with one arm behind her head and the other one resting on her stomach.

"This is relaxing." She stated, without opening her eyes.

"That's what I was going for." I was now lying on my back as well, with both of my hands behind my head.

"Tell me something about you, Jack." She said, calmly.

My heart accelerated when she said my name, "Like what?"

"I don't know, anything. I really wanna get to know you."

"I think you already know everything about me."

"No, I don't. Do you want me to tell something about me first?"

"I guess."

She seemed to think for a bit before she said anything,

"I was a geek in high school."

I busted out laughing, and she opened her eyes and smiled at me,

"What!?" She asked.

"You were not!"

"I was to!"

"How?"

"I would always get a perfect score on everything, argued with the teachers when they were wrong, never went to a football game on Friday nights. Oh, and I had one boyfriend, who by the way, was also a nerd. But we got into an argument over our Physics homework and never spoke to each other again."

"Well you don't have to worry. I won't argue Physics with you."

"Good. Because, you know I would win."

"That's why I ain't even gonna try." I smiled at her and she laughed.

"So did you go to prom?"

"Does putting up the decorations count?" She asked.

"No."

"Then no."

I paused for a minute.

"I bet you were beautiful. Just like now."

She blushed and gave a 100 mega-watt smile that was blinding.

"Thanks, Jack. But, trust me. I wasn't the prep cheerleader who went to every party. That was every teenage guy's dream."

"Maybe. But now, you're Super Woman! And that is every man's fantasy."

"Sure." She said with a smile. We sat there in silence for a while.

"You still haven't told me anything about you."

"Well do you want something from my childhood?"

"Sure. Or anything you want to tell me."

"I never knew my Dad."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. He's a real ass. Well, that's what my mother said."

She nodded.

"Wanna talk about something else?" She said.

"You read my mind, Carter." I said.

"So, why do you like fishing so much?" She said.

"It's escape from everything we do and are involved in. It's like I can forget that we have to save the world."

"Maybe I should come with you some time." She said and then giggled.

"So, what do you do to escape reality? And if you say play with your doohickeys and toys I will be disappointed." I look at her and try to keep a straight face.

She laughs and says, "You wouldn't want to know."

"Oh, but I do, Carter."

"I look at old pictures of the family and I."

I nodded, "Sometimes, I do that with Charlie."

"What was he like? If you don't mind talking about it." She quickly added at the end.

"I don't mind. But it might get tough, so if I quit, please understand."

She nodded and looked at me with curious eyes.

"Charlie, was a great kid. You would of loved him. He always knew how to make you laugh when you wanted to cry. I remember one time, Sara and I had a fight and she threw some pillows and blankets out on the couch. And Charlie was almost 6, so he didn't understand why i was sleeping on the couch. After Sara stormed down the hallway, Charlie looked at the couch and clapped his hands and got all excited. I asked him why, and he said and I quote, "Because we get to have a sleepover out in the living room!" So we got more pillows and blankets, built a fort in the living room, and sat up playing a card game he made up until he fell asleep."

I smiled at the bittersweet memory. And when I looked up at Sam she was smiling too.

"Thanks, Sam." I said.

"For what?"

"Everything."

----------

We ate the food, drank some wine, and laid down until the sun started to set.

"Better get you home. Wouldn't want Dad waiting up for ya." I joked. She laughed. We picked up the stuff, carried it back to my house, and set it on the porch. I would pick it up when I got back. We got in my truck. The drive was silent. We got to her house, and I walked her to her front door.

"Goodnight, Samantha." I said with a smile.

"Goodnight, Jonathan." She said with her own smile.

I kissed her lightly, a kiss full of promise. I pulled away and looked in her eyes, smiled, and walked back to my car. She stayed outside until I drove away.



End Notes: I love all my readers

xoxo,
WhiteTigers